Homework day today and he had to get his picture taken reading a book in different situations. This one was dancing although it looks more like he was having an episode or something.
View attachment 106442
:lol: “Reading” a book? I think there’s only one time when he looks like he might be able to see a word.:lmao: I bet this will be the only one like it - the rest will be just boring photos of kids sitting at desks, or in front of the tv, or in the kitchen looking studiously at an open book. I like your idea better.

Never seen it nor heard of, has to google her or show. But even without knowing I understood perfectly that this "URETHRA!" Simply stands for "Heureka!" or as the English say "Eureka!" [emoji1]
Think this will never be broadcasted in Germany. Suppose the dubbing would be a problem. But I'm curious what the show really is and will keep my eyes peeled to see an episode and have a real impression. [emoji1]

The story is that three (or was it four?) young girls got abducted by a pervert who locked them in an underground bunker for 15 years. They were finally released and we follow Kimmy’s journey as she discovers the world as an adult. It’s definitely a series for adults.

1E13C534-9360-4A8D-AF3D-E1322EDAE41A.jpeg

This is a collage of fragments of [most of] the contributions to MC 108

E33AF5DB-6BFE-447F-A93F-4560D2324E79.jpeg

This is a collage of our winners for this week:

First, our very own Collage Queen, ImageArt Ann. I picked Ann’s piece because it’s simple and colourful - and fun. The best thing about collage imo — it’s fun. As well, we know Ann uses almost exclusively her own images- hand-drawn or photographed - and that also speaks to the beauty & simplicity of collage art (I’m looking for an opportunity to say ‘artisan’). Finally, if you look closely, you see that there’s a lot of work in that ‘simplicity’: particularly notice the many little details and textures in the background. Much more to this simple piece than meets the eye.

Equal second, RoseCat Cat and deepop David. Two different renditions of collage and quote. I think someone commented that David’s piece looked like a Renaissance painting: and the component parts of the image work so beautifully with the Ionesco quote you’d think they’d always been together. Cat’s image and song lyrics are at the opposite end of the spectrum - eerily beautiful, otherworldly - and there’s no real reason why those lyrics should work so well with that image, but they do. Beautiful work :inlove:

Thank you, all, for more different and wonderful takes on ‘collage’ and ‘quote’ than you could shake a stick at :notworthy: :thumbs: :inlove:

Special mention to sinnerjohn for grace under fire :notworthy: ; and to terse who, all creative-d out from his 3k+ self-tutoring in Slow-Shutter work, still came up with the goods :notworthy:; and to GroovyGouvy for exceptional focus and determination at the end of an exhausting week :notworthy:

Over to you, Ann: theme or no-theme for #109 ?

View attachment 106466

First, our very own Collage Queen, ImageArt Ann. I picked Ann’s piece because it’s simple and colourful - and fun. The best thing about collage imo — it’s fun. As well, we know Ann uses almost exclusively her own images- hand-drawn or photographed - and that also speaks to the beauty & simplicity of collage art (I’m looking for an opportunity to say ‘artisan’). Finally, if you look closely, you see that there’s a lot of work in that the ‘simplicity’: particularly notice the many little details and textures in the background. Much more to this simple piece than meets the eye.

Equal second, RoseCat Cat and deepop David. Two different renditions of collage and quote. I think someone commented that David’s piece looked like a Renaissance painting: and the component parts of the image work so beautifully with the Ionesco quote you’d think they’d always been together. Cat’s image and song lyrics are at the opposite end of the spectrum - eerily beautiful, otherworldly - and there’s no real reason why those lyrics should work so well with that image, but they do. Beautiful work :inlove:

Thank you, all, for more different and wonderful takes on ‘collage’ and ‘quote’ than you could shake a stick at :notworthy: :thumbs: :inlove:

Special mention to sinnerjohn for grace under fire :notworthy: ; and also to terse who, all creative-d out from his 3k+ self-tutoring in Slow-Shutter work, still came up with the goods :notworthy:

Yay, well done ImageArt Queen Ann of the Collage! Beautiful work and, as Jen says, look closer and there’s lots more to it. Snaps and claps to RoseCat Catherine and deepop David - loved these and ALL of the images this week. We’ve discovered poets and writers and bands that we didn’t know before - isn’t this “mobile photography” site marvellous.:lol:

Well done zenjenny!! :notworthy: And the perfect choice for winner - as JillyG so succinctly stated: Congrats to ImageArt Queen Ann of the Collage!! (I think this needs to be a permanent moniker... :sneaky: ) Well deserved Ann!! :inlove:

I am honored to share the silver with deepop David :notworthy: Thank you so much and high five to David!! :D

Looking forward to seeing what Ann has for us this week... the new challenge is HERE.

Last edited:
:lol: “Reading” a book? I think there’s only one time when he looks like he might be able to see a word.:lmao: I bet this will be the only one like it - the rest will be just boring photos of kids sitting at desks, or in front of the tv, or in the kitchen looking studiously at an open book. I like your idea better.
Exactly what I was thinking. :thumbs: :D

I’ve liked everything else you’ve recommended, so Kimmy Shmidt is on my list, thank you. We’ve just discovered that Dylan Moran did stand-up for years so we’re watching YouTube clips. My DH particularly likes his take on Male/female relationships :rolleyes:
Oh good call. I've only got overly formal Japanese historical action movies to watch and the subtitles are too small. A bit of Dylan on YouTube over the washing up's gone down a treat. Have you seen Black Books? Classic stuff.

The story is that three (or was it four?) young girls got abducted by a pervert who locked them in an underground bunker for 15 years. They were finally released and we follow Kimmy’s journey as she discovers the world as an adult. It’s definitely a series for adults.

[emoji33] sounds like that awful story of the Austrian girl. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] hope its less horror. Are there dvds of it? Are they to find in charity shops?

View attachment 106466

First, our very own Collage Queen, ImageArt Ann. I picked Ann’s piece because it’s simple and colourful - and fun. The best thing about collage imo — it’s fun. As well, we know Ann uses almost exclusively her own images- hand-drawn or photographed - and that also speaks to the beauty & simplicity of collage art (I’m looking for an opportunity to say ‘artisan’). Finally, if you look closely, you see that there’s a lot of work in that ‘simplicity’: particularly notice the many little details and textures in the background. Much more to this simple piece than meets the eye.

Special mention to sinnerjohn for grace under fire :notworthy: ; and to terse who, all creative-d out from his 3k+ self-tutoring in Slow-Shutter work, still came up with the goods :notworthy:; and to GroovyGouvy for exceptional focus and determination at the end of an exhausting week :notworthy:

Congratulations, Ann! That bird is really great with all the bits around. Love it!
Also congrats to David and Catherine! [emoji177]
And wohooo to John, Ted and … oops, thank for mine!
And for everyone shared their collages. What a great collection. Love the collected collage, Jen. Wonderful theme and judging. [emoji177]

Yay, well done ImageArt Queen Ann of the Collage! Beautiful work and, as Jen says, look closer and there’s lots more to it. Snaps and claps to RoseCat Catherine and deepop David - loved these and ALL of the images this week. We’ve discovered poets and writers and bands that we didn’t know before - isn’t this “mobile photography” site marvellous.:lol:

Indeed, the second best place in the world! The very best is the Time Stamp Café. [emoji1][emoji177]

View attachment 106466

Ah, thank you so much Jen! I really didn’t feel I did justice to this week. Too many things going on but I absolutely loved everybody’s contribution and it’s interesting how a person’s choice of poem, gives a little inkling into their life/character ;).

Well done, RoseCat and deepop. Lovely contributions. Well done all, actually.

Ok, so I wanted to choose an easy theme for the week even though it might be a little difficult for me to get the result done. I am choosing DOORS. I love doors and it will be fun to see all the different types people can find.

I apologise now that I will only be able to get the result on Monday as I am helping my sister with her shop stock take on the Sunday.

Ok, so I wanted to choose an easy theme for the week even though it might be a little difficult for me to get the result done. I am choosing DOORS. I love doors and it will be fun to see all the different types people can find.

I apologise now that I will only be able to get the result on Monday as I am helping my sister with her shop stock take on the Sunday.

Maybe MC changes naturally from Monday to Monday that way. Would play in my cards actually. [emoji1]
Edit: and it will be soon known as Monday Challenge instead Mobi Colour. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom