Probably Lightbulb Sun, but In Absentia or Fear of a Blank Planet are all good.
After my 6 months trial of Apple music I did pay for a couple of months but then cancelled. I still use Spotify free on my desktop esp at work. Can't do that with Apple as you have to download iTunes to make it work on a Windows machine and windows and apple don't play that nice together. Apple music is excellent but I just didn't find I was using it enough to justify the cost and I have about 60gb of music anyway.
Hmm, I get annoyed that everything is tied into iTunes. I hate iTunes with a passion.

Maybe I’ll give it a try. As you say you can always cancel it.

“Childhood is the world of miracle and wonder; as if creation rose, bathed in the light, out of the darkness, utterly new and fresh and astonishing." Eugene Ionesco
SIX_A9A48E7E-ED60-429D-B4E1-11C567A7759E.jpg

Not really related to the picture but I like it.
Waiting at the Window
A.A. Milne

These are my two drops of rain
Waiting on the window-pane.

I am waiting here to see
Which the winning one will be.

Both of them have different names.
One is John and one is James.

All the best and all the worst
Comes from which of them is first.

James has just begun to ooze.
He's the one I want to lose.

John is waiting to begin.
He's the one I want to win.

James is going slowly on.
Something sort of sticks to John.

John is moving off at last.
James is going pretty fast.

John is rushing down the pane.
James is going slow again.

James has met a sort of smear.
John is getting very near.

Is he going fast enough?
(James has found a piece of fluff.)

John has hurried quickly by.
(James was talking to a fly.)

John is there, and John has won!
Look! I told you! Here's the sun!

The "favourite quote or line" has scuppered me this week. I can chuck out a collage no problem but the other requisite has left me wanting.
My process is to create the collage... then I think of words (it's almost always a song) that seem to fit it. Or you could Google quotes from people you admire... Or add some Rizole Words of Wisdom. :D

“Childhood is the world of miracle and wonder; as if creation rose, bathed in the light, out of the darkness, utterly new and fresh and astonishing." Eugene Ionesco
View attachment 106366

Waiting at the Window
A.A. Milne

These are my two drops of rain
Waiting on the window-pane.

I am waiting here to see
Which the winning one will be.

Both of them have different names.
One is John and one is James.

All the best and all the worst
Comes from which of them is first.

James has just begun to ooze.
He's the one I want to lose.

John is waiting to begin.
He's the one I want to win.

James is going slowly on.
Something sort of sticks to John.

John is moving off at last.
James is going pretty fast.

John is rushing down the pane.
James is going slow again.

James has met a sort of smear.
John is getting very near.

Is he going fast enough?
(James has found a piece of fluff.)

John has hurried quickly by.
(James was talking to a fly.)

John is there, and John has won!
Pure magic, David.... this is so wonderful. :inlove:

Today I was really tired, but there was a song on the radio on the way home and I had the perfect pictures taken for it today. So I pulled myself together and did this:

View attachment 106391

Hipstamatic, Foldefy, Ripix, Aerograph, Mix On Pix
You've been reading my mind cuz this is totally me today! :D Quirky and clever... love the *vibe* of the edit. Feels a bit retro kitsch...

RoseCat Catherine has kindly agreed to a 24 hour extension for MC this week so that

GroovyGouvy has some time, poor terse might perhaps find his ideas
rizole can work out that he can ask a passing teenager or adult ‘what line from an x or x or x goes with this’ or, indeed, stick a pin in a book of quotes, or, if all else fails, post the collage and invite his Mobi-friends to suggest a line/quote [challenge within a challenge, innit],
sinnerjohn can get over himself a bit more and discover creativity is the gift that keeps on giving
WildPlace to remember here at MobiTog we don’t allow ‘resting on laurels’

Have I missed anything, Cat? :mobibabe: :D

PS: so many definitions of collage around the place - from ‘more than one photo in s frame’ to ‘multi-media art’ and everything in between. Some of the quotes https://austinkleon.com/2010/02/10/25-quotes-to-help-you-steal-like-an-artis are new to me :thumbs:

View attachment 106366

Waiting at the Window
A.A. Milne

Both quotes relate to the picture for me, and the three together make for a beautiful meditation on childhood - all the better for knowing the little beings in the picture are yours.

RoseCat Catherine has kindly agreed to a 24 hour extension for MC this week so that

rizole can work out that he can ask a passing teenager or adult ‘what line from an x or x or x goes with this’ or, indeed, stick a pin in a book of quotes, or, if all else fails, post the collage and invite his Mobi-friends to suggest a line/quote [challenge within a challenge, innit],
sinnerjohn can get over himself a bit more and discover creativity is the gift that keeps on giving

PS: so many definitions of collage around the place - from ‘more than one photo in s frame’ to ‘multi-media art’ and everything in between. Some of the quotes https://austinkleon.com/2010/02/10/25-quotes-to-help-you-steal-like-an-artis are new to me :thumbs:

The Austin Kleon link is terrific!

This is so nice! But for me I don't need extension here anymore(but on Time Stamp [emoji1]), I'm done and i did twice as much as I thought, though still only one really okay. [emoji23]
Hope someone else might be able to make it worth (rizole?) [emoji4]

rizole[/USER] can work out that he can ask a passing teenager or adult ‘what line from an x or x or x goes with this’ or, indeed, stick a pin in a book of quotes, or, if all else fails, post the collage and invite his Mobi-friends to suggest a line/quote
Oh well, as you put it so nicely it would be rude not to :rolleyes:
Hope someone else might be able to make it worth (rizole?) [emoji4]
I wont bore you with the details but I have had a difficult couple of weeks and not had the headspace for this challenge.
So here's one I did last year, it's a picture with words so nearly qualifies.
IMG_0923-01-01.jpeg

It's my mate Lee who has a face that looks lived in. The quote is from some noir B&W movie, can't remember which but probably had Bogart in it.
I'll see if I can russel something up today as the deadline's been extended.

Catherine has kindly agreed to a 24 hour extension for MC this week
Ahhhhh the misery continues ;)
Wait, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.....'Collage made from photographs, or parts of photographs, is called photomontage. Photomontage is the process (and result) of making a composite photograph by cutting and joining a number of other photographs.'
Is that what we are supposed to be doing?

Wait, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.....'Collage made from photographs, or parts of photographs, is called photomontage. Photomontage is the process (and result) of making a composite photograph by cutting and joining a number of other photographs.'
In the words of Kimmy Schmidt - URETHRA! :lmao: I think he’s got it! That’s the point I was making (very unclearly as it turns out) with my elephant montage. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh well, as you put it so nicely it would be rude not to :rolleyes:

I wont bore you with the details but I have had a difficult couple of weeks and not had the headspace for this challenge.
So here's one I did last year, it's a picture with words so nearly qualifies.
View attachment 106409
It's my mate Lee who has a face that looks lived in. The quote is from some noir B&W movie, can't remember which but probably had Bogart in it.
I'll see if I can russel something up today as the deadline's been extended.
Fabulous portrait Rizole. Love love love it. :inlove: And wouldn’t it be just amazing in black and white too. That’s a Richard Stark quote apparently.

Get back in your box, John, and go and sulk around the Black and White Challenge. :mobibabe: Mobitog never was a place of hard and fast rules. :p

Today I was really tired, but there was a song on the radio on the way home and I had the perfect pictures taken for it today. So I pulled myself together and did this:

View attachment 106391

Hipstamatic, Foldefy, Ripix, Aerograph, Mix On Pix
I’ve been singing this (in my head luckily) since I saw this. Love the “stuck on” “ripped” bits. Great one Gouvy.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom