MobiColour RESULT: MC #118 Theme: Colour in Nature - April 30-May 6

May the forest be with you

Moto G5s, Snapseed, Photoshop Express.

Shot only a few hours ago, IG'ed it (third, private account) from my phone as a greeting to my friends, then came home with a bunch of nice forest pics and saw this weeks topic. Perfect!

PSX_20180430_200615.jpg

While a very handsome spider photo I don’t think it is a wolf spider. The wolf spider doesn’t make a web (which this spider is sitting on) and they also have 2 of their eyes much larger than the other 6. It is more likely a similar looking Agelenopsis that builds a horizontal web and has all 8 eyes approximately the same size.

While a very handsome spider photo I don’t think it is a wolf spider. The wolf spider doesn’t make a web (which this spider is sitting on) and they also have 2 of their eyes much larger than the other 6. It is more likely a similar looking Agelenopsis that builds a horizontal web and has all 8 eyes approximately the same size.
I think you're right, it's not a wolf.
Wikipedia says Agelenopsis is restricted to the American continent (although one got introduced to Russia.) It could be from the Agelenidae family, which Agelenopsis is part of. Wikipedia also says wolf spiders are often confused with nursery web spiders so that's an option too. Tricky without a clear shot of it's markings.

I think rizole was testing you, Brian :mobibabe:

May the forest be with you

Moto G5s, Snapseed, Photoshop Express.

Shot only a few hours ago, IG'ed it (third, private account) from my phone as a greeting to my friends, then came home with a bunch of nice forest pics and saw this weeks topic. Perfect!

View attachment 108878

You painted them specially, didn’t you ?

I think rizole was testing you, Brian :mobibabe:
Good idea. Next time I get to judge I could make my selection of the winners based on pictures AND random arthropod based pop quizzes. A good eye for composition and colour will only get you so far, intimate and detailed knowledge of the mating rituals of fiddler crabs, bee species identification and the parasites of ants will take you the rest.

Good idea. Next time I get to judge I could make my selection of the winners based on pictures AND random arthropod based pop quizzes. A good eye for composition and colour will only get you so far, intimate and detailed knowledge of the mating rituals of fiddler crabs, bee species identification and the parasites of ants will take you the rest.

That’s the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom