MobiColour RESULT: MC #122 Theme: Fauna & Flora - May 28-June 3, 2018

Wow.
PicsbyJCG, yet another advertisement for android phone cameras !

Yeah I know, there's better Android cameras out there. Seems like everything affordable equals crap. I'll work this summer and maybe in a few months I can buy some "premium/flagship" drivel. Or a second hand iPhone 7...

And before someone goes ballistic over a word I'm typing again, I'm sure there's people out there with "killer" Motorola cameras. But I, with my Moto G5s, ain't one of them (in fact, the music player(s) drives me nuts as well. Come back, iTunes/iOS Music Player, everything is forgiven).

Christer G, signing off and entering space walk :D

Last edited:
Yeah I know, there's better Android cameras out there. Seems like everything affordable equals crap. I'll work this summer and maybe in a few months I can buy some "premium/flagship" drivel. Or a second hand iPhone 7...

And before someone goes ballistic over a word I'm typing again, I'm sure there's people out there with "killer" Motorola cameras. But I, with my Moto G5s, ain't one of them.

Christer G, signing off and entering space walk :D
I wish you’d buy a Huawei, if only to satisfy my curiosity about that Leica triple lens that everyone’s talking about.:lol:

I wish you’d buy a Huawei, if only to satisfy my curiosity about that Leica triple lens that everyone’s talking about.:lol:

Or that other "Moto whatever" phone with the Hasselblad add-on (both expensive as hell). Nah, if I'm going to try yet another Android, I'm currently looking at that "Pixel" thingy... :confused:

I think we’re all looking for DSLR quality from our cell phones. The limiting factor is still sensor size.

Guess so. And also that we're becoming more and more demanding. Heck, I remember when I bought (and got broke) a brand new Sony Ericsson K750i: oooh the best camera so far. Two years later, a second hand Nokia N95: oooh the best camera so far.

And these days: Ok, I've had this phone for 3.5 hours now. I want a better camera!

Ad infinitum...

Last edited:
That Hasselblad lens was stunning. A colleague had it for a while: until the iPhone X came out...
A report I just read the other day on the Hasselblad camera attachment said the lens was good, especially the zoom aspect, but the camera that goes with it did not compare well against another attachment camera (DX1?) and another Android test phone. I think they described it as underdeveloped. It didn’t do well on colour, flash, or exposure comparisons. They made comparison photos with each and overall I think it placed 3rd. It only did well when it zoomed and the others didn’t. They were quite impressed by the zoom range. The Android phone camera did well against the fancier attachments.

Indian Pipe
D420498B-C2A0-4009-A751-02269058422B.jpeg

iPhone 6, Fusion, Affinity.

Back
Top Bottom