MobiColour RESULT: MC #144 Theme: Bottles - Oct 29-Nov 4, 2018

Do Not Open.... So, I found this somewhat luminescent bottle in an old shed.
View attachment 116295
PureShot HDR DNG, Affinity, Distressed Fx. In the interest off full disclosure the background picture was made by photographing an old snapshot since it was the only thing I could find that had the right feel. In making the label I had my first chance to try wireless printing from my iPad as well as importing a new font to Affinity.
Love this, very seasonal !

View attachment 116295
PureShot HDR DNG, Affinity, Distressed Fx. In the interest off full disclosure the background picture was made by photographing an old snapshot since it was the only thing I could find that had the right feel. In making the label I had my first chance to try wireless printing from my iPad as well as importing a new font to Affinity.
Very clever Brian. :thumbs:

View attachment 116295
Great manip. So how did the wireless printing go? My printers are all old without wireless.

View attachment 116295

Very atmospheric! You can’t leave us hanging, Brian — what is written on the label??

Great manip. So how did the wireless printing go? My printers are all old without wireless.
It turned out to be easier than printing to my 17” printer from the desktop, but only because I have several very specific print options on the desktop. I just needed to have the EpsoniPrint app on my iPad. The first time you use it it looks on your network for available printers and they appear on a list. You select your printer, then your job appears and you can select a few options, such as paper size and type and print quality. I wanted my label fairly small, not the full 4x6 photo paper size, so I just pinched the picture smaller on the page (on my iPad) and pressed “print”. I’ve had much more trouble that that getting a desktop printer working. I think for high quality photo printing I would still go through my usual desktop route.

Very atmospheric! You can’t leave us hanging, Brian — what is written on the label??
I think you can read it by zooming in. I didn’t want to spoil the effect by making it too obvious. Here’s a view of the image I used to print the label.
6230C261-C3CA-4DE1-B694-1C8A821EC3F7.jpeg

I had some fun mixing the potion in the antique bottle. I started with food colouring but it didn’t have enough “body”. I added some antifreeze to give it some more of the poisonous bilious yellow-green colour. The final touch was about 1 teaspoon of milk. It didn’t mix in much but stayed suspended in a cloud about 2/3 towards the top and it had lovely tentacles hanging down below the cloud. Another part was carving the wooden stopper for the bottle. I “aged” the bare wood with markers and dirt. To make the bottle glow I placed it on a sheet of glass with black paper and a hole cut in the black paper for an LED light to light it from below. This was all in honour of Hallowe'en, of course.

I think you can read it by zooming in. I didn’t want to spoil the effect by making it too obvious. Here’s a view of the image I used to print the label.
View attachment 116313
I had some fun mixing the potion in the antique bottle. I started with food colouring but it didn’t have enough “body”. I added some antifreeze to give it some more of the poisonous bilious yellow-green colour. The final touch was about 1 teaspoon of milk. It didn’t mix in much but stayed suspended in a cloud about 2/3 towards the top and it had lovely tentacles hanging down below the cloud. Another part was carving the wooden stopper for the bottle. I “aged” the bare wood with markers and dirt. To make the bottle glow I placed it on a sheet of glass with black paper and a hole cut in the black paper for an LED light to light it from below. This was all in honour of Hallowe'en, of course.
Definitely worth the effort.:thumbs:

View attachment 116295
This is perfect Brian :thumbs: That spider clinches it ;)

View attachment 116295
This is cool! Great edit Brian.

View attachment 116313

Laudable preparation - were you pleased with the end result?

Back
Top Bottom