MobiColour RESULT: MC #145 Theme: Portrait (Human) - Nov 5-11, 2018

Hmmm!
F787305B-2BA3-49C0-86C4-945D4044A081.jpeg

A Color Story, ACDSee Pro (Frame)

You certainly captured the look of stress on them like they were very much out of their familiar elements.Winter gear for +4°C? +4 is balmy. They look like they’re dressed for -20.

4C is balmy?!? You’re balmy :lol: 25-28C with a sea breeze is balmy. 4C is cold as hell and shouldn’t be allowed in civilised company :mobibabe:

Looking back through my camera roll I noticed that the only direct portraits of people I have were made when I was demonstrating Portrait Mode to them. I can see its a good ploy.
1D14E014-CF7D-4C04-8C7B-651A64DBBBCF.jpeg

This is Mike, my photographer friend from Kitchener, Ontario. He’s always wearing those dark glasses.
This was actually made during one of my photo workshops when I was demonstrating Portrait mode. Mike was lounging back in the 3rd row of seats and I made this peeking between two people in the row ahead. It’s always fun to show DSLR people how Portrait Mode works. This version has some Distressed FX blended in.

Looking back through my camera roll I noticed that the only direct portraits of people I have were made when I was demonstrating Portrait Mode to them. I can see its a good ploy.
View attachment 116670
This is Mike, my photographer friend from Kitchener, Ontario. He’s always wearing those dark glasses.
This was actually made during one of my photo workshops when I was demonstrating Portrait mode. Mike was lounging back in the 3rd row of seats and I made this peeking between two people in the row ahead. It’s always fun to show DSLR people how Portrait Mode works. This version has some Distressed FX blended in.

It’s a very nice portrait, too - peeking between rows notwithstanding. The Distressed edit really adds atmosphere - did you have to do a lot of masking?

It’s a very nice portrait, too - peeking between rows notwithstanding. The Distressed edit really adds atmosphere - did you have to do a lot of masking?
No, quite simple. I just put the original photo as the base layer, distressed version on the layer above. Added a mask to the top layer and selectively painted, with a soft brush at about 30% opacity, to gradually reveal un-distressed details below. I think this is more how Mike sees himself.

No, quite simple. I just put the original photo as the base layer, distressed version on the layer above. Added a mask to the top layer and selectively painted, with a soft brush at about 30% opacity, to gradually reveal un-distressed details below. I think this is more how Mike sees himself.
What app did you use for the layers then Brian, because neither of the apps you mentioned have masks?

What app did you use for the layers then Brian, because neither of the apps you mentioned have masks?
I used Affinity. But Leonardo would do as well. Or Superimpose X.
As long as you have layers, even without masks. You can do the same thing except use the eraser brush. It’s just that when using the eraser it’s no longer non-destructive editing.
On my iPhone I used Focos to adjust the background blur before the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom