MobiColour RESULT: MC #145 Theme: Portrait (Human) - Nov 5-11, 2018

I see it has a monthly subscription... do you need to subscribe to use it?
I don’t have a subscription. There is minimal use possible with the free app. I remember I paid something for some extra features but that may predate the subscription plan.
I don’t find the additional lens models all that useful but being able to edit the brightness of the background or foreground independently is very useful. Also being able to edit the depth map is sometimes essential.
There are other apps that can edit depth photos but I don’t think any others are as complete.

Last edited:
Robert.
View attachment 116693
Meet Robert. He’s retired. A collector of objects d’arts and occasional songwriter.
We had just finished a lovely lunch in their solarium and conversation continued about their upcoming trip to Greece and whether or not he should buy a new iPhone for the trip instead of his old flip phone. Well duh.
I was extolling the virtues of the new iPhone camera capabilities and at this point I was demonstrating Portrait Mode. He thought Portrait Mode was pretty neat but when he saw the rotated wireframe depth map image in Focos he said, “When I get my album going that’s what I want for my album cover.”
iPhone 8 Plus, Portrait Mode, Focos for editing the depth image, Affinity for some retouching. Distressed FX for toning down the background, and Affinity again for combining the Distressed FX image with the Affinity images.

Another engaging portrait. I do like this layered editing method.

And re flip phone: triple Duh!

E5B54655-4C48-4981-9435-920B09440D3C.jpeg

In my early Modigliani period (last week). Pencil & paper sketch (prismacolour pencils :inlove:) imported into SketchClub for calligraphy pen outline (after all these years I still have an unsure hand with calligraphy brushes) and necklace (a dot brush). SnapSeed for the Bright pre-set.

Another engaging portrait. I do like this layered editing method.

And re flip phone: triple Duh!
I found the original background was too bright. The eye is always drawn to the brightest area in a picture, so it had to be toned down to make the face the area of main interest. I also like a more painterly background for a portrait.

View attachment 116730

In my early Modigliani period (last week). Pencil & paper sketch (prismacolour pencils :inlove:) imported into SketchClub for calligraphy pen outline (after all these years I still have an unsure hand with calligraphy brushes) and necklace (a dot brush). SnapSeed for the Bright pre-set.
Very nicely done.

A usual reaction to your presence ? :lol:

A sign of true frendsip is being able to non-destructively tell someone exactly what they can do with thier s***.

I thought maybe you’d tried to bring to the table some thought leadership in your last staff meeting — and this person hadn’t grokked the game plan of your helicopter vision win/win joined up thinking. Never mind, no need to boil the ocean: kick it into the long grass, plenty more in the pipeline — Meantime, lean in on the throughput of your learning receptor units and circle back. At the end of the day, it’s all about strategic governance. Yolo.

Looking back through my camera roll I noticed that the only direct portraits of people I have were made when I was demonstrating Portrait Mode to them. I can see its a good ploy.
View attachment 116670
This is Mike, my photographer friend from Kitchener, Ontario. He’s always wearing those dark glasses.
This was actually made during one of my photo workshops when I was demonstrating Portrait mode. Mike was lounging back in the 3rd row of seats and I made this peeking between two people in the row ahead. It’s always fun to show DSLR people how Portrait Mode works. This version has some Distressed FX blended in.
Wonderful image

Back
Top Bottom