MobiColour RESULT: MC #16 - May 16-22

La Vita é Bella (2016)
View attachment 77311
iPhone 4s: ProCamera +HDR
iPad 3: Trigraphy, Mextures, Snapseed

A mother selling roasted corn cobs on a weekday, in the company of her little girls, dance, perhaps to persuade their daughters that she is cheerful, presuming a moment of happiness.
Beautiful!! :inlove: What a great mosaic edit.

Took this at the Luna Park in Sydney last year with Hipstamatic using Helga Viking lens and DreamCanvas.

View attachment 77312
Gotta love a carousel!

I took this one in Vietnam. The original photo is really lovely but I am always a bit mindful of posting photos of children so I tend to obscure them slightly. I went rather crazy on this one with Shift, iColorama and Repix.

View attachment 77313
Joyful image... [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1463547254.029728.jpg

Not much else made me happier than my garden... [emoji178]

This doesn't need to be included in the judging since it's a couple years old, but I wanted to share it here (weirdly, 2 years to the date - May 17, 2014! I scrolled through my camera roll to choose one that made me happy, and then saw the date... :eek: :alien: ) This was a Hipsta shot but I don't remember the combo...

View attachment 77332

This doesn't need to be included in the judging since it's a couple years old, but I wanted to share it here (weirdly, 2 years to the date - May 17, 2014! I scrolled through my camera roll to choose one that made me happy, and then saw the date... :eek: :alien: ) This was a Hipsta shot but I don't remember the combo...
Wow, this is so tranquil and lovely. Would love a little garden like this!

View attachment 77332

Why does it not need including in the judging? No one ever said a shot has to be current surely? I often edit archive shots :p
Its lovely and I want it in :)

View attachment 77332

Beautiful garden!

View attachment 77332

Happy and sad - happy to see it, sad that it's gone. But you will make another garden in the future, just as lovely. :inlove:

Wow, this is so tranquil and lovely. Would love a little garden like this!
Why does it not need including in the judging? No one ever said a shot has to be current surely? I often edit archive shots :p
Its lovely and I want it in :)
Happy and sad - happy to see it, sad that it's gone. But you will make another garden in the future, just as lovely. :inlove:
Thanks lovely peeps.... :inlove: It may seem silly, but it still feels sad, like I left a dear, dear friend or family member. It's also synonymous with my Miss Missy, as this was truly HER garden space. :inlove: I still can't but glance at my garden photos... I know you're right, Jilly. Someday.... xoxo Right now I have a new little sage and peppermint plant in pots, and a fave columbine that I brought with me.

LOL sinnerjohn.... okay, MobiSir. I bow to your will. ;)

I took this one in Vietnam. The original photo is really lovely but I am always a bit mindful of posting photos of children so I tend to obscure them slightly. I went rather crazy on this one with Shift, iColorama and Repix.

View attachment 77313
Beautiful!! :inlove: What a great mosaic edit.

Ah that's the word : mosaic edit. I wasn't sure what to call it, but I thought it worked well!

Took this at the Luna Park in Sydney last year with Hipstamatic using Helga Viking lens and DreamCanvas.

View attachment 77312

View attachment 77313

Love how the edit foregrounds the sense of childlike joy - nice work :thumbs: :)

I feel same way with kids btw. And (at no extra cost, and demonstrating my attachment disorder) I can't see an age of a kid running 'into' the camera without just for a moment seeing Kim Phúc and the other terrified children in That Photo. Nice to see the happiness and freedom in this image :)

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1463614530.297121.jpg

No one was Happier being in the garden than my sweet little Miss Missy. [emoji178] Every day she'd be in a different spot, many times 2-3 spots in an afternoon (a girl's got the option of changing her mind, ya know? :mobibabe: )

I couldn't choose just one image, so I made a collage using Diptic, then added a filter in VSCO.

I see what you mean re 'it was her garden'! (Doncha love how cats love curling up in flowerpots?!?)

And what a lovely montage you've created! Beautiful keepsake. I know you've gone all minimalist, so maybe not the big print on the wall that I immediately see . . . Would you print this a few times a decoupage, say, a terracotta plant pot? I don't know if you've done something like that before - you'd just need to make sure you sealed the inside of the pot really well (if you wanted to preserve the covering, of course - sometimes it's nice to let it fade and lift in places). And layers and layers of modge podge, or diluted wood glue, or varnish or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom