MobiColour RESULT: MC #187 Theme: Any image taken after 30 June - August 26-Sept 1, 2019

7BD2120B-3FAF-459F-8F85-E818C8E12165.jpeg

Wilder Ranch
20 August 2019
Lightroom, Snapseed

I ❤❤❤ that you still have this! I wish I had a few of my childhood treasures. I just have a music box I got on my first birthday.
I am not quite sure why I’ve kept it, and I don’t have much other stuff from back then. I do have one more object that I really love, but my daughter Julia has appropriated it. It’s a “piggy bank” that has a little spring-loaded rocket ship that shoots a penny into a moon. I love that thing. Next time I go to julia’s house I’ll try to get a picture of it.

I don’t think my daughters did, but Max really loves his dump trucks (not to mention water play. )
View attachment 148847

Well, *I* had a moment seeing the child play with his grandfather’s truck — in much the same way, given kids’ play (when they’re left alone to work it out for themselves) is relatively universal, that his grandfather played with it so many years ago.

(Wouldn’t that make a nice diptych - grandparent & grandchild playing with the same toy or reading the same book or whatever).

Can’t wait to see the piggy bank!

I ❤❤❤ that you still have this! I wish I had a few of my childhood treasures. I just have a music box I got on my first birthday.
I have nothing. But I do know where my engraved silver christening napkin ring is (why buy a child a napking ring? :confused: ) - when I was moving about I gave it to my friend’s husband who has the same initials. They use napkin rings and proper napkins apparently - posh.:lol:

I am not quite sure why I’ve kept it, and I don’t have much other stuff from back then. I do have one more object that I really love, but my daughter Julia has appropriated it. It’s a “piggy bank” that has a little spring-loaded rocket ship that shoots a penny into a moon. I love that thing. Next time I go to julia’s house I’ll try to get a picture of it.
It could be worth some money. On a UK tv programme called Antiques Roadshow, they featured an American piggy bank that did things (can’t remember what, but it wasn’t a penny-shooting rocket ship), and that was worth thousands of pounds.

2C370B9A-754D-4149-9F02-E0B86878F4B7.jpeg

Old cabin at Wilder Ranch
27 August 2019
Native cam, Snapseed

I took several shots in this room on my original visit, Aug 20, but wasn't satisfied with any of them. The room is long and the resulting perspective distortion from the standard iPhone lens seemed too extreme -- the floor slanted so much it looked like a funhouse. I tried Snapseed's perspective correction and SKRWT's also, but couldn't get a decent look. So I went back and took photos with the standard wide lens, an add-on Moment wide lens, and an add-on Moment fisheye lens (with distortion correction, a new feature of the Moment cam app). I also took a panorama from the same position. And the winner here is... the panorama!

Back
Top Bottom