MobiColour RESULT: MC #40 Theme: Balloons - Oct 31-Nov 6

This theme really perplexed me. Where am I going to find balloons? Then while staring at my morning coffee it came to me.....
Balloons Restaurant.
e9d50f70d26cea6c3e415024da559c0b.jpg

Enlight, iColorama. Pixlr.

Yes, wonderful.

Christmas is starting already.....

Yes. I notice some years it starts (here, anyway) in late August/early September. This year I think we've been spared most of spring (for all you northern hemisphere people, shocking as it may sound . . . In some places, Christmas comes in summer ! ! :eek:
and little bits starting to pop up around the place - like shingles, I reckon. I don't know the proper term for that awful chicken-pox related condition with rash that starts off looking like a few mosquito bites strangely lined up, itchy as hell, then in a matter of hours the poor person has a leg or abdomen or face or whatever half covered with un-soothable itching rash. And deep nerve pain that can outlast the rash by weeks.
Dear me the things you remember - must be thirty years since I worked in a hospital... o_O

Yes. I notice some years it starts (here, anyway) in late August/early September. This year I think we've been spared most of spring (for all you northern hemisphere people, shocking as it may sound . . . In some places, Christmas comes in summer ! ! :eek:
and little bits starting to pop up around the place - like shingles, I reckon. I don't know the proper term for that awful chicken-pox related condition with rash that starts off looking like a few mosquito bites strangely lined up, itchy as hell, then in a matter of hours the poor person has a leg or abdomen or face or whatever half covered with un-soothable itching rash. And deep nerve pain that can outlast the rash by weeks.
Dear me the things you remember - must be thirty years since I worked in a hospital... o_O
Christmas Shingles. Seems appropriate. :thumbs:

Well, here we go, and I didn't lose any sleep over this (not with the switch from daylight saving time). As this was my first time ever judging photos, I just went with what grabbed me. There were some awesome balloons displayed, but these are my choices:

FIRST PLACE: to Gouvy for the Dad & child and green balloon painting. Children are fascinated with balloons and this tells a moving story. I kept coming back to it.

IMG_0684.JPG

SECOND PLACE: to rizole for the Rynys Farm photo you didn't want to submit. I liked the arms reaching out. It's rather unique and we need more "niques" in the world.

IMG_0686.JPG

THIRD PLACE: to mwolfer (Mel) for the hot air balloon with tulips. A simple shot with bright colors.

IMG_0685.JPG

HONORABLE MENTIONS: to Gouvy's Balloon Talk and 2 for ImageArt (Ann) for the Hanoi shot of the bike rider with balloons and the curiosity shop. Fun pictures.

OK, GroovyGouvy, the ball"oon" is in your court.

Well, here we go, and I didn't lose any sleep over this (not with the switch from daylight saving time). As this was my first time ever judging photos, I just went with what grabbed me. There were some awesome balloons displayed, but these are my choices:

FIRST PLACE: to Gouvy for the Dad & child and green balloon painting. Children are fascinated with balloons and this tells a moving story. I kept coming back to it.

View attachment 84167

SECOND PLACE: to rizole for the Rynys Farm photo you didn't want to submit. I liked the arms reaching out. It's rather unique and we need more "niques" in the world.

View attachment 84169

THIRD PLACE: to mwolfer (Mel) for the hot air balloon with tulips. A simple shot with bright colors.

View attachment 84170

HONORABLE MENTIONS: to Gouvy's Balloon Talk and 2 for ImageArt (Ann) for the Hanoi shot of the bike rider with balloons and the curiosity shop. Fun pictures.

Three brilliant choices and, for what it's worth, they would have been mine too. After a slow start, everyone got into the groove and produced some fantastic images. Well done to everyone. :thumbs:

View attachment 84167

View attachment 84169

View attachment 84170

Thanks, Jilly. I was nervous about being a judge, but what the heck, none of you know where I sleep.
No need to be nervous, Larry... judging is always so subjective and it's really fun and oftentimes thought provoking to get to see/learn about someone else's fave photos. :thumbs:

And some great choices you made too!! Super congrats GroovyGouvy for your First Place win!! Looking forward to seeing what theme you'll pick for this coming week... :sneaky:

Round of applause to rizole and mwolfer Mel, and to ImageArt Ann - great images everyone!! :D

The new challenge can be found by clicking HERE.

View attachment 84167

View attachment 84169

View attachment 84170

Congrats, congrats to all, including participants. And thanks to Larry for his collaboration :cool:

Thank you MotownLarry! I read it twice to understand … I'm gobsmacked and never ever thought I'll once win this competition here. And now it happened by surprise with a picture I literally nearly run over … can't believe it!

Congratulations to rizole, that's really a great shot! Also to that vivid experience of Mel mwolfer. And ImageArt Ann too.

The theme for this week shall be "cute fluffies", may it be your pet, a shadow, your favourite plushie or even the dust bunnies under your bed. Anything goes, but it must be cute AND fluffy or vice versa. [emoji214]

Thanks, Jilly. I was nervous about being a judge,

but what the heck, none of you know where I sleep.

Well, only a few of us have access to the TSMTCTFT data files (Top Secret Conspiracy Theory MobiTog Fingerprint Tracker)
... And our indiscretion comes at a very high price.
Well, quite high.

Well, Jilly had to ask me very nicely to give her your exact coordinates...

Congrats GroovyGouvy Gouvy, lovely image indeed - for me part of what made your image stand out was the bigger story your balloon pointed to - parental love & care, a child's simple pleasures - mainly the loving attentive posture of the father.

And of course not a dalek to be seen :rolleyes: :D

Congrats rizole and mwolfer - two more strong unique images! Rizole, is this the one we had to beat you into posting??

Back
Top Bottom