MobiColour RESULT: MC #40 Theme: Balloons - Oct 31-Nov 6

Well, here we go, and I didn't lose any sleep over this (not with the switch from daylight saving time). As this was my first time ever judging photos, I just went with what grabbed me. There were some awesome balloons displayed, but these are my choices:

FIRST PLACE: to Gouvy for the Dad & child and green balloon painting. Children are fascinated with balloons and this tells a moving story. I kept coming back to it.

View attachment 84167

SECOND PLACE: to rizole for the Rynys Farm photo you didn't want to submit. I liked the arms reaching out. It's rather unique and we need more "niques" in the world.

View attachment 84169

THIRD PLACE: to mwolfer (Mel) for the hot air balloon with tulips. A simple shot with bright colors.

View attachment 84170

HONORABLE MENTIONS: to Gouvy's Balloon Talk and 2 for ImageArt (Ann) for the Hanoi shot of the bike rider with balloons and the curiosity shop. Fun pictures.

OK, GroovyGouvy, the ball"oon" is in your court.
Just AWESOME winning shots. Well done, GroovyGouvy for a lovely balanced and expressive shot - well deserved. And I just loved rizole 's and mwolfer's shots too. It started off slowly but produced some world class photos. And thanks for the honourable!

Fluffy. Hmmm, I sometimes do fluffy but not always cute with it (not having any pets) so this might be a challenge for me but nothing like a challenge for getting good shots!

Just AWESOME winning shots. Well done, GroovyGouvy for a lovely balanced and expressive shot - well deserved. And I just loved rizole 's and mwolfer's shots too. It started off slowly but produced some world class photos. And thanks for the honourable!

Fluffy. Hmmm, I sometimes do fluffy but not always cute with it (not having any pets) so this might be a challenge for me but nothing like a challenge for getting good shots!

May I give you a hint? Monty Python: "… they're cute and cuddly and ready to please …" and you live amongst them. Maybe you'll find a fluffy one? [emoji1]

May I give you a hint? Monty Python: "… they're cute and cuddly and ready to please …" and you live amongst them. Maybe you'll find a fluffy one? [emoji1]
It wasn't considered politically correct when it first came out. I wonder if it's more acceptable now? :confused:

It wasn't considered politically correct when it first came out. I wonder if it's more acceptable now? :confused:
My Asian family member didn't understand the lyrics and asked me to 'interpret'. Best I could come up with was 'nonsense rhymes', like 'twas brillig and the slithy toves . . . " . I wouldn't say she was offended, more bemused - 'how is that funny?' 'Well, first you need not to be Chinese...'

My Asian family member didn't understand the lyrics and asked me to 'interpret'. Best I could come up with was 'nonsense rhymes', like 'twas brillig and the slithy toves . . . " . I wouldn't say she was offended, more bemused - 'how is that funny?' 'Well, first you need not to be Chinese...'

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji23][emoji106]
Amused is good. Please let no one take that serious. It's just cute. And the melody is an ear worm. I play it on my brain radio since I've posted it and can't get rid of it. Anyone like to swap? [emoji50]

Back
Top Bottom