Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #45!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme is "Sacred Spaces, any interpretation"

The judge for this challenge zenjenny!

Last edited:
Sacred Space 1.
Messed with perspective in snapseed, getting it to generate space that didn't exist. Structure, ambiance and tonal contrast on all the elements and then put them all together in Pixlr double exposure.
I'm starting to feel the love for the DE now I've found a use for it.
IMG_20161108_095948-01.jpg

Sacred Space 1.
Messed with perspective in snapseed, getting it to generate space that didn't exist. Structure, ambiance and tonal contrast on all the elements and then put them all together in Pixlr double exposure.
I'm starting to feel the love for the DE now I've found a use for it.View attachment 85345

This interpretation makes me smile. [emoji3]

Sacred Space 1.
I'm starting to feel the love for the DE now I've found a use for it.View attachment 85345
Ooh I say, that's inspired and off the wall :)lol:). Great processing and it made me smile too. :thumbs:

Can't get more sacred than that.

Thanks for kicking us off in meta quantum aporia simulacra mode.

(Wish Derrida & Baudrillard were around to hear 'there's an app for that' :lmao:)
If only there were an app to simulate Derrida and Baudrillard so we could let them know.

L-space. All Pixlr, double exposure, bightness/darkness brush and at least 1 overlay.
IMG_20161205_104150.jpg

Even big collections of ordinary books distort space and time, as can readily be proved by anyone who has been around a really old-fashioned second-hand bookshop, one of those that has more staircases than storeys and those rows of shelves that end in little doors that are surely too small for a full sized human to enter.
The relevant equation is Knowledge = Power = Energy = Matter = Mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. Mass distorts space into polyfractal L-space, in which Everywhere is also Everywhere Else.

All libraries are connected in L-space by the bookwormholes created by the strong space-time distortions found in any large collection of books. Only a very few librarians learn the secret, and there are inflexible rules about making use of the fact - because it amounts to time travel.

The three rules of the Librarians of Time and Space are: (1) Silence; (2) Books must be returned no later than the last date shown, and (3) the nature of causality must not be interfered with.

From http://www.lspace.org/about/whatis-lspace.html

View attachment 85350

Waiting in a coffee shop today, Tree ying to get fancy with slow shutter and ICM (remember Kurt told us about intentional camera movement?) . I think those lights could make the interior look quite chapel-like . . . Might try again tmrw :)
Hmmmm, now that's interesting (in a good way). I regularly practice UCM - it's much more difficult to get a decent image that way.:lmao:

Can't get more sacred than that.

Thanks for kicking us off in meta quantum aporia simulacra mode.

(Wish Derrida & Baudrillard were around to hear 'there's an app for that' :lmao:)

If only there were an app to simulate Derrida and Baudrillard so we could let them know.
I love it when I don't understand what you guys are talking about. It heightens my sense of postmodern alterity.

Last edited:
View attachment 85350

Waiting in a coffee shop today, Tree ying to get fancy with slow shutter and ICM (remember Kurt told us about intentional camera movement?) . I think those lights could make the interior look quite chapel-like . . . Might try again tmrw :)
I like the height of this, dizzying cathedral (but is the lady at the bar just wearing her underwear?)

Sacred Space 1.

[emoji1][emoji100]

Back
Top Bottom