MobiColour RESULT: MC #45 THEME: Sacred Spaces - December 5-11

IMG_7104.JPG

Buddhist temple
VSCO

It looks similar to slaughterhouses they have in New York City (not sure they still function as those now... the whole area has been *fancified* with expensive restaurants and boutiques) and they have images of the animals similar to your photo.
Ahhh ok, this is a Football (soccer) ground. The local team are the Rams, hence the mascot. The only thing that gets slaughtered there is the opposing teams (sometimes) :whistle:
Just one persons take on what might be 'sacred'.

a7a9e19f043c87dc54107f7c19dbc559.jpg

Was encouraged to post this photo here after using it as our stage in EOS.
Anywhere on the Olympic Peninsula is sacred to us. This is a Hipstamatic shot overlooking Port Angeles, WA and the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
I love this image, such a creative edit... :inlove:
And I'm sure I've told you this before ( :whistle: hopefully not too many times??) but I grew up in WA (mostly on Whidbey Island.)

Domain of the sacred and other things

IMG_1873.JPG

Lots of layering in Leonardo, bunch of massaging in iColorama to help make the layers look all of a piece.

I had a b/w snap of a poster of an x-ray of a skull that I've been wanting to use for something for quite a while now, so I started grabbing interesting bits and pieces from my Camera Roll, things that I like (but in several cases haven't been able to find a use for), without much of a plan (as you probably guessed), just looking for bits that seemed to fit with the rest as it grew. The magic all happens inside the skull, right?

Last edited:
I think this is hipstamatic. I took several hipsta photos that day then suddenly my phone was dead. Err, I mean out of juice.
3ee474b4da7f5d47a38bed36817158be.jpg

Some lovely lines and levels in this, Star - including the palette. And something about the fallen leaves a death of a kind, yet so vibrantly colourful, making the earth look so rich and alive, and the eye drawn up to the whitening sky . . .

No John, I'm happy to say I haven't. :mobibabe: I'm a vegetarian (and don't say their cheese and onion pasties are to die for, because I know their steak pies are the ones that have killed several people).

[emoji15] you mean killed several cows?!
At least you don't say say their vegetarian pasties killed people. So we are not in danger. [emoji16]

These structures look very special, Gouvy - do you know much of their histories?
(And good job getting all seven figures in the image!)

Depends what you want to know. All informations can be found here:
http://www.kunst-im-oeffentlichen-raum-frankfurt.de/mobile/index.cfm?objId=240#detail
If you have trouble with translations let me know.

Edit:
Sorry, doesn't seem to work this way, try this one:
http://www.kunst-im-oeffentlichen-raum-frankfurt.de/de/page161.html?id=240

Back
Top Bottom