MobiColour RESULT: MC #46 THEME: Surface - December 12-18

b4191ce8765d628e534590a4336b0b32.jpg

iPhone 7 Plus, VSCO

Living soil. [emoji106][emoji4]

12386023203_b1713bcdd9_o.jpg

When I saw Liam's quite brilliant image 'down by the kerb' the other day, it reminded me of this one from 2014. On Flickr its got nearly 37,000 views and around 250 people made it a 'fave'. Yeah it means nowt really, but it reminded me that there's nothing nicer than a rain coloured night/evening/morning surface. Edited in VSCO made with (;)) a Samsung S3 (not as funky as the new S7).

Went out today to get some surface photos.

The first one is actually taken from the bottom of one of the concrete retaining walls up towards the sky. These walls often have plants peeping through and moss. Taken with iPhone 7+ portrait mode.

IMG_5039.JPG

This wasn't taken with portrait mode so the area of focus is closer. Tuned in Snapseed
Snapseed.jpg

Obviously this next one taken on the floor of the metro. Edited in Snapseed
Snapseed.jpg

This next one taken on the floor of the minibus tonight - no edits
IMG_5113.JPG

View attachment 85559
When I saw Liam's quite brilliant image 'down by the kerb' the other day, it reminded me of this one from 2014. On Flickr its got nearly 37,000 views and around 250 people made it a 'fave'. Yeah it means nowt really, but it reminded me that there's nothing nicer than a rain coloured night/evening/morning surface. Edited in VSCO made with (;)) a Samsung S3 (not as funky as the new S7).
Love the complementary colours of the oranges and turquoise.

The first one is actually taken from the bottom of one of the concrete retaining walls up towards the sky. These walls often have plants peeping through and moss. Taken with iPhone 7+ portrait mode.

View attachment 85560

This wasn't taken with portrait mode so the area of focus is closer. Tuned in Snapseed
View attachment 85561

View attachment 85562

View attachment 85563
Love the floor perspective and I'm amazed at no one is looking at you with a 'what is that crazy lady doing' look !!

Love the floor perspective and I'm amazed at no one is looking at you with a 'what is that crazy lady doing' look !!
Yes, was rather surprised that nobody was looking at the iphone when I took the shot. I have learnt a clever trick with these sorts of shots though. You set the timer on for 3 secs and then just before you are about to put it on the floor you press the button. This gives you enough time to put it on the floor straight and you are not messing around trying to push the button with a thumb or a toe (don't need a nose or anything, GroovyGouvy). The camera takes 10 bursts and by the time it gets to about number 5 it's got the focus right. So I can get a shot without too much kerfuffle.

I wondered if I could use this for street photography. Sort of lean on the numerous barriers along the roads, keep the phone upright, press the button and then look elsewhere but I know that the the flash flashes a couple of times to count down the seconds. Not sure if you can turn this off, probably not.

Last edited:
Yes, was rather surprised that nobody was looking at the iphone when I took the shot. I have learnt a clever trick with these sorts of shots though. You set the timer on for 3 secs and then just before you are about to put it on the floor you press the button. This gives you enough time to put it on the floor straight and you are not messing around trying to push the button with a thumb or a toe (don't need a nose or anything, GroovyGouvy). The camera takes 10 bursts and by the time it gets to about number 5 it's got the focus right. So I can get a shot without too much kerfuffle.

Kerfluffle, now there's a word I can wrap my head around!

I love the metro floor shot and the hint. I tend to forget there's a timer.

View attachment 85560

View attachment 85561

View attachment 85562

View attachment 85563

Love the metro floor image -- and your trick with timer! Seems obvious now you say it but I would never have thought of it on my own.

View attachment 85559

Lovely image: gets that rain-coloured surface mood thing beautifully.

Re 'it means nowt really': I'd be thrilled to bits if an image of mine was so well-received.

Back
Top Bottom