MobiColour RESULT: MC #47 Theme: People - December 19-25

Sorry, Gouvy, should have made it clearer. Have edited it now. By the way it's a man!

Sham Shui Po is this fascinating market suburb which has different streets for different goods. So it has a whole road section of shops that just sell ribbon, a whole road section that just sells buttons. Same with electronics and photography, leather making goods, materials.

I don't know why I don't just hang out there the whole time. The people there are just so fascinating. All types. It's photography Mecca for people.

I thought he was a woman at first too... then I zoomed in and looked more, and thought no, this is a man. I think his androgeny is part of what I love about this image.

It sure does sound like a place you could get happily lost in.

Here's another one from Sham Shu Po also edited in Snapseed. These are the little mini buses that are all over Hong Kong. I take one from my road into town. They only seat 16 with no standing and I can hail it from across the road from my apartment. It will stop anywhere provided it's not a double yellow line or unsafe place to stop.

View attachment 85772

Edit: It looks like winter if you see what the old man is wearing but was probably about 20 degrees C on that day.

Another wonderful image!! [emoji7] So much going on.... all the many windows with clothes drying, that fab little colorful bus, and another great character...I love him and his Brasil cap and scarf!

Here's another one from Sham Shu Po also edited in Snapseed. These are the little mini buses that are all over Hong Kong. I take one from my road into town. They only seat 16 with no standing and I can hail it from across the road from my apartment. It will stop anywhere provided it's not a double yellow line or unsafe place to stop.

View attachment 85772

Edit: It looks like winter if you see what the old man is wearing but was probably about 20 degrees C on that day.
Great shoot ImageArt Like the vibrance of the photo
Look like the old man is saying where is my mini bus Dont you know its freezing standing out here :D

From the Christmas Bird Count outing yesterday. My friend, Jim, as we walked along icy coastal rocks by the Bay of Fundy.
541b31bf92d77cd467991adf321e1fa7.jpg

iPhone 7+, native camera app with 2x, Prisma, I was annoyed to be forced to squarify the image, combined it with the original in Leonardo.

View attachment 85772

Love this image - the smaller detail in the bg is as clear (and as interesting) as the broader strokes of bus & man etc. Lovely.

From the Christmas Bird Count outing yesterday. My friend, Jim, as we walked along icy coastal rocks by the Bay of Fundy.

iPhone 7+, native camera app with 2x, Prisma, I was annoyed to be forced to squarify the image, combined it with the original in Leonardo.

Update prisma, square crop gone. No real improvement in resolution but i might try blending origs with prisma'd to see if it helps

Theres a bird count in Israel next week i think in Eilat, and i cant go :-(

Update prisma, square crop gone. No real improvement in resolution but i might try blending origs with prisma'd to see if it helps

Yes, I heard the square crop was gone but substandard resolution remains. I'm generally opposed to apps that work by processing online. Some of the Prisma effects work online.

Yes, I heard the square crop was gone but substandard resolution remains. I'm generally opposed to apps that work by processing online. Some of the Prisma effects work online.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I hadnt noticed some still only work online - just tested them and around one third are online only - one wonders why?! Imaengine has some similar fx and that definitely works offline

Theres a bird count in Israel next week i think in Eilat, and i cant go :-(

This is the 52nd year for the Bird Count in our (Fundy National Park) area. It was started by David Christie and he has taken part every year since. I have been taking part since the 80s and Jim & I have been doing the same area together for a good 20 years. It's our excuse to take a day to stomp around in the woods and visit places nearby we haven't seen since last year. We enjoy seeing how far we can still get on some of the old woods roads as well as cross-country walking (forest).

Back
Top Bottom