MobiColour RESULT: MC #51 Theme: The Mundane - January 16-22, 2017

I really don't like this part. My philosophy is “I'm not here to judge”, yet here I am, judging. And I wish I could be eloquent, but I'm a short and sweet kind of girl.

When I look at photos I tend to gravitate toward what makes me say “wow”, not necessarily what follows photography “rules”. Unfortunately, I said “wow” about 30 times over the week. I was so blown away I had to call in a panel of experts. Okay, not experts, my friend and fellow photographer, Jeanie and my husband, Mike. Sometimes I look at something too long and I doubt myself. Those two grounded me.

The one photo we all picked, and my choice for the overall winner, was Deepop’s “In loo of ...II”. I loved the shadows and wavy lines. I also love the old fashioned sink and wainscoting, and wish it was in my bathroom.
IMG_1905.JPG

In second place is Rizole's rotary phone dial. I guess he's right that it isn't so ordinary anymore, but I remember when it was, so it works for me. I like the way it's sort of gritty looking and the way it's focused. I loved all of his macros. And while I'm on this, he also wins the award for the “Most Extraordinary” for his turning an ordinary banana in to a superhero!
IMG_1910.JPG

I was also moved by JillyG’s something agricultural, Terse’s clothes pins, Zenjenny’s Mundane Train and Rosecat’s Forgotten, not necessarily in that order.

Everyone put forth uncommonly excellent work. What a week. Phew.

Over to you Deepop!

I really don't like this part. My philosophy is “I'm not here to judge”, yet here I am, judging. And I wish I could be eloquent, but I'm a short and sweet kind of girl.

When I look at photos I tend to gravitate toward what makes me say “wow”, not necessarily what follows photography “rules”. Unfortunately, I said “wow” about 30 times over the week. I was so blown away I had to call in a panel of experts. Okay, not experts, my friend and fellow photographer, Jeanie and my husband, Mike. Sometimes I look at something too long and I doubt myself. Those two grounded me.

The one photo we all picked, and my choice for the overall winner, was Deepop’s “In loo of ...II”. I loved the shadows and wavy lines. I also love the old fashioned sink and wainscoting, and wish it was in my bathroom. View attachment 87525
In second place is Rizole's rotary phone dial. I guess he's right that it isn't so ordinary anymore, but I remember when it was, so it works for me. I like the way it's sort of gritty looking and the way it's focused. I loved all of his macros. And while I'm on this, he also wins the award for the “Most Extraordinary” for his turning an ordinary banana in to a superhero! View attachment 87526
I was also moved by JillyG’s something agricultural, Terse’s clothes pins, Zenjenny’s Mundane Train and Rosecat’s Forgotten, not necessarily in that order.

Over to you Deepop!
Seems pretty eloquent to me Star, and a great bit of judging - you're a natural! :thumbs: Congratulations to David. That was a great image with a great title. Well done Rizole for being second and also winning the Most Extraordinary Award! Thank you for my honorable mention and great job people! What will David choose as a theme [holds breath in anticipation - breathes again as she remembers David is still sleeping:D]?

In second place is Rizole's rotary phone dial. I guess he's right that it isn't so ordinary anymore, but I remember when it was, so it works for me. I like the way it's sort of gritty looking and the way it's focused. I loved all of his macros. And while I'm on this, he also wins the award for the “Most Extraordinary” for his turning an ordinary banana in to a superhero!
Thank you Starzee and I think that was very eloquent. I have to admit, doing the Mystery Banana was one of the highlights of my week so the award for "Most Extraordinary" is the cherry on the top. :notworthy:

The one photo we all picked, and my choice for the overall winner, was Deepop’s “In loo of ...II”. I loved the shadows and wavy lines. I also love the old fashioned sink and wainscoting, and wish it was in my bathroom. View attachment 87525
In second place is Rizole's rotary phone dial. I guess he's right that it isn't so ordinary anymore, but I remember when it was, so it works for me. I like the way it's sort of gritty looking and the way it's focused. I loved all of his macros. And while I'm on this, he also wins the award for the “Most Extraordinary” for his turning an ordinary banana in to a superhero! View attachment 87526

Over to you Deepop!
Well done, David. Liked the way you made a boring sink very interesting.

Good one, Rizole. Liked so many of your macro shots.

Over to you Deepop!
Wow! Thanks, Star. To quote you, "Sometimes I look at something too long and I doubt myself. " I do the same, and I waffled over this sink photo for quite awhile before I hit upload - I wasn't sure about the distortion. I'm glad your panel liked it. Congratulations to Rizole (who brings a whole new perspective to perspective.) Lots of fantastic photos this week.:thumbs::inlove:

Nice work, Star - and what an honour to us to have you and two of your friends taking the time to evaluate our mundane images :D
Congrats David & Rizole (I'm glad the banana got a mention : ) and HMs.

(I'm really impressed that the themes always seem fresh & interesting. What an imaginative lot we are :) )

Wow! Thanks, Star. To quote you, "Sometimes I look at something too long and I doubt myself. " I do the same, and I waffled over this sink photo for quite awhile before I hit upload - I wasn't sure about the distortion. I'm glad your panel liked it. Congratulations to Rizole (who brings a whole new perspective to perspective.) Lots of fantastic photos this week.:thumbs::inlove:

I'm afraid you have responsibilities now David - to theme or not to theme; that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler etc etc. You get the gist.

Imaginative? I don't know about the rest of you all, but I get &^%@#$ desperate trying to come up with anything that fits each week!:eek:
Yes, we're like swans - serene when posting and apping like crazy in the background. Just like swans :lmao::lmao::lmao:.

Over to you Deepop!

You were very eloquent, Star. It's a tough job to do and you performed the task beautifully. Thank you! [emoji144]‍♀️

High fives and shouts to deepop David! Way to go, MobiSir! [emoji471]

Love rizole's image as well - congrats! [emoji16] (I so want a working rotary phone!!)

Bravo JillyG, terse Ted, zenjenny, and thank you Star for my mention too!

Nice work, Star - and what an honour to us to have you and two of your friends taking the time to evaluate our mundane images :D
Congrats David & Rizole (I'm glad the banana got a mention : ) and HMs.

(I'm really impressed that the themes always seem fresh & interesting. What an imaginative lot we are :) )
:oops:

The one photo we all picked, and my choice for the overall winner, was Deepop’s “In loo of ...II”. I loved the shadows and wavy lines. I also love the old fashioned sink and wainscoting, and wish it was in my bathroom.

Over to you Deepop!

You did very well, and I know what you mean. I always like to make all entries a first place. But don't worry, all who have posted at least one are winners, because the dared to post and the images are always great or surprising …
Well, just saying you did a good job and choosing by heart is as good as for perfection reasons I think. [emoji106][emoji1]

Congratulations deepop, rizole and all mentioned ones! Yeah!!!! [emoji322][emoji324][emoji873]

Back
Top Bottom