MobiColour RESULT: MC #71 Theme: Take a Seat - June 5-11

Sittin' on the rock of the day
VSCO
5E8B7E3B-B7AD-4F5F-8EF5-9BA98E51C850.jpg

Fantastic images in this thread - and cool choice of topic, Gouvy :thumbs: :)

Now only about 30 threads to catch up on :eek:

Btw I'm back, all done @ uni, currently on a semi-retreat at a forest while I recover from the shock.

Helllll-oooooo!!! [emoji1] Oooo....a forest retreat. Niiiice!! [emoji1373]

Why does nobody collect mirrors that have seen the faces of famous people?
I think it's because, as far as we can see, mirrors retain no trace of the people who have been reflected in them. They remain untouched (literally and metaphorically), while other things -- chairs, tools, clothes, and so on -- show signs of those who have used them.

I think it's because, as far as we can see, mirrors retain no trace of the people who have been reflected in them. They remain untouched (literally and metaphorically), while other things -- chairs, tools, clothes, and so on -- show signs of those who have used them.

There's a Calvino novel in there somewhere . . . :)

This was again a fantastic week with plenty of art works that have been posted. And I am so blinking tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open. I owe you all my thoughts and places till tomorrow, but I can say who the winner of this theme is:
Venomator with Unlikely Pairing 2nd and third are pending as I have four to review a couple of times again, what I can't do at the moment. But Venomator has simply the strongest story in his picture which let be go back between my favourites and alone the not very amused look of the hobo on the left in difference to the chilling man on the right is just what it pushed me over and over again to pick it as winner.
More places and thoughts tomorrow night. Sorry, been up from 6am, driving, walking concrete, driving walking more concrete and now I drop.
Cheers and good night! [emoji112][emoji42]
I'm curious what Venomator will choose for the theme. Hint: Green was just some ago. [emoji4][emoji256]
Fell asleep after sending post …

This was again a fantastic week with plenty of art works that have been posted. And I am so blinking tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open. I owe you all my thoughts and places till tomorrow, but I can say who the winner of this theme is:
Venomator with Unlikely Pairing 2nd and third are pending as I have four to review a couple of times again, what I can't do at the moment. But Venomator has simply the strongest story in his picture which let be go back between my favourites and alone the not very amused look of the hobo on the left in difference to the chilling man on the right is just what it pushed me over and over again to pick it as winner.
More places and thoughts tomorrow night. Sorry, been up from 6am, driving, walking concrete, driving walking more concrete and now I drop.
I'm curious what Venomator will choose for the theme. Hint: Green was just some ago. [emoji4][emoji256]
Well done Gouvy. I loved that image and persuaded him to enter it. I fully expect there to be green in the theme somewhere.:D

Oh my word, that's not in the roolz Gouvy... :eek:

But thank you so much for the vote of confidence in choosing my humble offering this week, entirely unexpected... :inlove:

NEW THEME = GREEN PAIRS... :D

Okay, now after a hard day, here is the complete result:

1st place – Venomator Unlikely Pairing
IMG_6084.JPG

As I mentioned before this is the strongest story that always pulled me back to the picture. The action is clearly on the left, partly sad, partly happy through the sports posters in the rear while the right is completely relaxed. Opposites attract even though they can't see each other as we can.

2nd place must be shared between
sdimbour Different way to take a seat
IMG_6085.JPG
and
sinnerjohn seated
IMG_6086.JPG

On one hand the colourful picture stuffed with informations, the parking cars, the plane close enough to catch (at least in an image, proofed by guy seated in front), the people on the airfield (suppose it is) until you spot the red on the left and you burst out in laughter, because the girl took our theme verbatim.
On the other hand the human monkeys sitting like a string of pearls, looking in different directions, but there's a belly sitting on the rim of the fountain, looking down in the water and a man attached to it who obviously seeking refreshment in getting wet.
Have mercy, I just can't make up my mind which one is that micro My better than the other. The tie is too close that I can see another option than having two second places.

3rd place is a bunch and would love to even add more, but instead I narrowed it down to … errm … five. Twice I was down to two, but always different ones and reviewing all again I had to add another … hope you don't think it's impolite.
Now the 3rds are the literarlly taken ones:
Starzee Garden Chair
IMG_6088.JPG

For the wonderful light and shadow painting in structure. Would also make a great b/w! [emoji177]

JillyG The Garden Chair
IMG_6087.JPG

For the gorgeous enchantment under the greens. It looks like fairies would love to play and sit there.

terse with both pictures Uneasy Chair and Bench for Kyushiro Mine
IMG_6090.JPG
IMG_6091.JPG

The first kinda surreal including a scary vertigo effect, but also clear, clean and straight. The other the chill out in "persona" and unbelievably relaxing and romantic. A cool diptych of opposites, but also each one a stand alone wow.

ImageArt Ann A Rocker's Recliner
IMG_6089.JPG

All of her chairs are beautiful pictures, the later wooden one, too, but this one I had to add for the chair itself (and of total selfishness): purple, comfy car, I want one! Must be terrific to touch it with my backside. [emoji1]

Honourable mentions go to everyone and every picture else posted within this thread. There is absolutely no looser here, just one puzzle unsolved: Glenton: would you please explain your intention about The Dance of the Newlyweds? I can't find anything to sit on, none of the people are sitting, is there a twist/secret/saying I can't reveal maybe of lacking English or of blindness? [emoji15] would love to close this case, if you'd only help. Thanks.

View attachment 94976

As I mentioned before this is the strongest story that always pulled me back to the picture. The action is clearly on the left, partly sad, partly happy through the sports posters in the rear while the right is completely relaxed. Opposites attract even though they can't see each other as we can.

View attachment 94978 and
sinnerjohn seated
View attachment 94979

On one hand the colourful picture stuffed with informations, the parking cars, the plane close enough to catch (at least in an image, proofed by guy seated in front), the people on the airfield (suppose it is) until you spot the red on the left and you burst out in laughter, because the girl took our theme verbatim.
On the other hand the human monkeys sitting like a string of pearls, looking in different directions, but there's a belly sitting on the rim of the fountain, looking down in the water and a man attached to it who obviously seeking refreshment in getting wet.
Have mercy, I just can't make up my mind which one is that micro My better than the other. The tie is too close that I can see another option than having two second places.

3rd place is a bunch and would love to even add more, but instead I narrowed it down to … errm … five. Twice I was down to two, but always different ones and reviewing all again I had to add another … hope you don't think it's impolite.
Starzee Garden Chair
View attachment 94980
For the wonderful light and shadow painting in structure. Would also make a great b/w! [emoji177]

JillyG The Garden Chair
View attachment 94981
For the gorgeous enchantment under the greens. It looks like fairies would love to play and sit there.

View attachment 94982View attachment 94983
The first kinda surreal including a scary vertigo effect, but also clear, clean and straight. The other the chill out in "persona" and unbelievably relaxing and romantic. A cool diptych of opposites, but also each one a stand alone wow.

View attachment 94984
All of her chairs are beautiful pictures, the later wooden one, too, but this one I had to add for the chair itself (and of total selfishness): purple, comfy car, I want one! Must be terrific to touch it with my backside. [emoji1]

Honourable mentions go to everyone and every picture else posted within this thread. There is absolutely no looser here, just one puzzle unsolved: Glenton: would you please explain your intention about The Dance of the Newlyweds? I can't find anything to sit on, none of the people are sitting, is there a twist/secret/saying I can't reveal maybe of lacking English or of blindness? [emoji15] would love to close this case, if you'd only help. Thanks.
Excellent wrap GroovyGouvy and many thanks for the joint 2nd..........as the Hot Chocolate song from 1978 went 'Everyone's a winner, baby, that's the truth' :D

View attachment 94976

sinnerjohn seated
View attachment 94979

Starzee Garden Chair
View attachment 94980

JillyG The Garden Chair
View attachment 94981

View attachment 94984

Thanks GroovyGouvy for the shared 2nd place [emoji4]
Congrats Venomator for the great iMage [emoji108] love it.
Congrats sinnerjohn for the shared 2nd place [emoji108]
Congrats to everyone. I saw a lot of great pictures on that contest [emoji3]

View attachment 94976

sinnerjohn seated
View attachment 94979

Starzee Garden Chair
View attachment 94980

JillyG The Garden Chair
View attachment 94981

View attachment 94984

Marvellous Gouvy. Worth waiting for. Thank you for my joint 3rd. The theme really brought out great images this week.

Back
Top Bottom