MobiColour RESULT: MC #98 Theme: Faith, Hope & Charity - Dec 11-17

I know I’m anthropomorphizing, or at least making a leap of faith, when I infer that this family of beavers had faith I would not harm them as they allowed me to stand just 1.5 metres from them.
View attachment 103344
This is cut from a video frame.

Awww, they are so cute! And
Now seeing them so close I don't wonder anymore why the nutrias could so easily being mixed up with them. It really mainly the tail that makes the difference. Though the nutrias are more a plague.

Another type of faith. That these sticks and branches they cut down and embed in the mud at the bottom of the pond to keep fresh for later eating, will be enough to last them the winter when the pond is frozen over.
View attachment 103345
Another video frame.
The only entrance to the beaver lodge is under water. It is far enough down to be well under the ice that will seal off this pond. The ice will get to be close to 6” thick. The beavers will be active all winter, unseen under the ice. Diving down to retrieve a tasty branch that they will nibble or gnaw the bark off. Yum. It’s hard to imagine how the bark off young branches is enough to sustain a whole family of beavers.
This pond is known as “bottomless”, although in practical terms that just means it is very deep. In geological terms it is known as a sink hole formed when a big chunk of ice was left embedded in the ground as the glacier ice receded, and when it melted left a very deep pond, at least 90 feet deep.
My daughter learned to skate on this pond several winters ago. Now there’s another type of faith. Stepping out onto the ice on a 90 foot deep pond and believing the ice will hold you up.

Wow, interesting in many ways. Think no one will skate on the pond when the beavers now claimed it?

Thank you Gouvy dear. This is a photo of a starling in a car park at a shopping centre near us. There’s a whole flock that hang about waiting for crumbs.

Sooo close and so beautiful. Same rainbow in their feathers as Magpies have. Especially with some sun shining on them. Beautiful birds making a lot of noise without singing a song. [emoji1]

Hope

View attachment 103335
Hoping for food.:D
Enlight

Now that I would have on my wall! I absolutely love what you have done to this and all the lovely colours that the starling has. Inspired!

Oh, what a beauty! [emoji177] painted or photographed? [emoji4]

I agree with Ann -- that's beautiful. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

PS I think you should submit that in a competition!

Beautiful edit.I use Enlight a lot but I see there are realms I need to explore.

I think it’s unanimous, Jilly: we all want a print for our wall, you must enter it in the [extended!] MPA — and a tutorial, please and thank you :inlove: :notworthy: :)

Charity (Feeding the ducks)

View attachment 103341

FusionHDR

I love this image. Very pretty scene — and the composition really works for me: lots of curve and ‘off-centre’. At first glance, I thought the trees were mirrored (in an app), but they’re just beautifully balanced. I love the group of ducks centered just past the bridge. And the small-ish figure of the man grounds the whole scene. Just gorgeous.

In my browser, I hid most of the bottom area of snow to make approx 5x4 crop - that tighter crop worked for me too.

PS: this would be a nice one for Jilly’s B&W :thumbs:

Hope one of these guys is the real St. Nick! Snapseed

EAEAB704-58F0-45C9-B243-644F614044EA.jpeg

I love this image. Very pretty scene — and the composition really works for me: lots of curve and ‘off-centre’. At first glance, I thought the trees were mirrored (in an app), but they’re just beautifully balanced. I love the group of ducks centered just past the bridge. And the small-ish figure of the man grounds the whole scene. Just gorgeous.

In my browser, I hid most of the bottom area of snow to make approx 5x4 crop - that tighter crop worked for me too.

PS: this would be a nice one for Jilly’s B&W :thumbs:

True. Was thinking about it, but maybe will even find another.
And yes for the crop, but I hate to loose pixels so preferably I'm always posting the complete thing. [emoji4]

Wow, interesting in many ways. Think no one will skate on the pond when the beavers now claimed it?

I’m not sure what will happen with the skating on the pond this winter. To some degree skating mostly depends of it being cold enough long enough for good solid ice and then no snow cover. The pond is not cleared of snow in any official way. The beavers have raised the water level. I can see now that the areas where the beavers are most active are free of ice, but it hasn’t been very cold yet. Not much more than short periods of -8°C and then milder again. I wonder if their activity might affect the thickness of the ice in some areas making it unsafe for skating. Stay tuned for further reports. The beaver activity is quite a hit locally. Quite a few people have been coming to watch the beaver show. It’s such a rare opportunity.

I’m not sure what will happen with the skating on the pond this winter. To some degree skating mostly depends of it being cold enough long enough for good solid ice and then no snow cover. The pond is not cleared of snow in any official way. The beavers have raised the water level. I can see now that the areas where the beavers are most active are free of ice, but it hasn’t been very cold yet. Not much more than short periods of -8°C and then milder again. I wonder if their activity might affect the thickness of the ice in some areas making it unsafe for skating. Stay tuned for further reports. The beaver activity is quite a hit locally. Quite a few people have been coming to watch the beaver show. It’s such a rare opportunity.

Will surely hook on Beaver Tv. [emoji4][emoji106]

Faith(ful) friends

View attachment 103379

Crappy photo, dodgy edit - the beauty is in the sentiment, right? :mobibabe:

It's soooo beautiful! I like the shine around the couple. [emoji177] Only it's more black and white than colour. But as long as Jilly declines the smallest hint of tint in the b/w thread it's totally right here. [emoji1] I think it beautiful. [emoji177]

Only it's more black and white than colour.

:mad: I keep forgetting that :rolleyes:

It's soooo beautiful! I like the shine around the couple. [emoji177] Only it's more black and white than colour. But as long as Jilly declines the smallest hint of tint in the b/w thread it's totally right here. [emoji1] I think it beautiful. [emoji177]

I love that you think it’s beautiful :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom