MobiColour RESULT: MC #98 Theme: Faith, Hope & Charity - Dec 11-17

The Sun Also Rises.
View attachment 103386
That’s a well known expression that encourages people to realize tomorrow will be a new day and the troubles of today may be gone by then.
We know beyond faith that the sun will rise, a new day will come, the seasons will change and summer will return. But it wasn’t always so.
People in historic times didn’t have our scientific understanding of the world and often presumed it was only by placating the capricious gods that the sun might rise again tomorrow. Imagine living in that world of uncertainty over such basic things as the sun rising tomorrow.
But then, cataclysmic events have taken place throughout Earth’s history. Asteroids have struck the earth and caused great climate changes and species extinctions.
The earth’s magnetic field has reversed no less than 6 times according to the geologic records. The latest cataclysmic event has been the meteoric rise in population by one species - man. It’s time to re-examine some of those faiths. Such as, the governing elites have our best interests at heart.
Lovely sunset

Colourful and beautiful edits
Faith, hope, charity, all in one, but different depending what position you’re in.
View attachment 103388
iPhone 6

Misplaced faith.
View attachment 103389
iPhone 5

Faith & hope. Is our food safe to eat?
View attachment 103391
Not to mention radioactive fallout and nano aluminum, among other things.
iPhone 6. Fusion.

Hope, forever optimistic.
View attachment 103392
It’s just over that next hill...
iPhone 6

Faith, hope, charity, all in one, but different depending what position you’re in.
View attachment 103388
iPhone 6

Do you know if that gadget works, Brian? Ie if the donated money does actually make it to the people who need it without getting swallowed up in bureaucratic processes/salaries? That’s one reason to give directly to ‘panhandlers’ (I’ve never known what that word means, must look it up) - at least you know where the money or food or clothing is going.

Hope (that very soon the days will start to get longer again - looking out of the kitchen window watching the sun setting, just before 3pm).

image.jpeg

DistressedFX, iColorama

Do you know if that gadget works, Brian? Ie if the donated money does actually make it to the people who need it without getting swallowed up in bureaucratic processes/salaries? That’s one reason to give directly to ‘panhandlers’ (I’ve never known what that word means, must look it up) - at least you know where the money or food or clothing is going.

That’s partly what the faith and hope is about. My daughter tells me it goes to the people at the shelters so people not eligible to be at the shelters don’t get anything from it. Not all street beggars are actually in need. Some people find they can get more money per hour begging than they can working.
However, the meters don’t have the same direct feel. Another thing, a person with a dog can’t get into a shelter so they get nothing from the meters. So I’m more likely to give money directly to someone with a dog.

C34D305C-7994-4C6D-951D-C604F1BC9B3F.jpeg

Picked this little guy up as he was crossing a footpath... some might say it was an act of charity, but for me it was just what needed to be done.... can’t let this sweet fuzzy creature get stepped on! Faith and hope that he’ll stay off the path and live out his little caterpillar life. :)

Snapseed

View attachment 103555
Picked this little guy up as he was crossing a footpath... some might say it was an act of charity, but for me it was just what needed to be done.... can’t let this sweet fuzzy creature get stepped on! Faith and hope that he’ll stay off the path and live out his little caterpillar life. :)

Snapseed
Ahhh, well done.:thumbs: Just look at that beautiful “fur”.:inlove:

View attachment 103555

Snapseed

You have a good heart to think of the tiny creatures. They have their own right to life. There are several varieties of caterpillars whose hairs can be extremely irritating to the skin if touched so some care is advised in handling them. The Banded Woolly Bear should be safe enough, though.

And, coincidentally, RoseCat is our #98 “Faith Hope & Charity” winner with her caterpillar rescue and text WHICH MANAGES TO MENTION — AND DEMONSTRATE — ALL THREE TERMS IN ONE SENTENCE !! :notworthy: :) :notworthy:

91CCFC1E-1972-4D19-90AD-BDE9D1EBC3F5.jpeg

Joint second place to WildPlace Yvonne with her beautiful edit and interpretation of Hope that is both introspective and outward-looking; and JillyG with her stunning Enlight edit of a starling: her theme was also Hope, but the image made just about everyone very happy — which is surely an act of Charity :inlove:

4FF5776F-9966-434B-8116-68667283D1FA.jpeg

5B56306A-409D-4B2D-811F-8423E84038D6.jpeg

And speaking of acts of Charity, HM to sinnerjohn for behaving himself :mobibabe:

Okay, RoseCat — what have you got for us in #99? :D :thumbs:

And, coincidentally, RoseCat is our #98 “Faith Hope & Charity” winner with her caterpillar rescue and text WHICH MANAGES TO MENTION — AND DEMONSTRATE — ALL THREE TERMS IN ONE SENTENCE !! :notworthy: :) :notworthy:

View attachment 103559

Joint second place to WildPlace Yvonne with her beautiful edit and interpretation of Hope that is both introspective and outward-looking; and JillyG with her stunning Enlight edit of a starling: her theme was also Hope, but the image made just about everyone very happy — which is surely an act of Charity :inlove:

View attachment 103560

View attachment 103561

And speaking of acts of Charity, HM to sinnerjohn for behaving himself :mobibabe:

Okay, RoseCat — what have you got for us in #99? :D :thumbs:

Great judging Jen (and that’s not easy to say when you’re full of mulled wine - try it!). Well done Catherine for so many reasons - saving a caterpillar, getting a photo of it whilst it’s on your hand, making a great photo, and just generally being a good egg (English expression and a good thing). Snaps and claps to Yvonne and me :oops: and also to sinnerjohn John for exercising such restraint. It’s very difficult when you’ve been brought up with Benny Hill, Frankie Howard and Carry On films. Sooooooo RoseCat, what’s the theme for the run up to Christmas Eve?

Back
Top Bottom