APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #7 Art Games

Hare Today

5F9A01F4-A179-4CED-801B-973276738EA7.jpeg

Haven’t felt at all creative for some reason :rolleyes:, but I’ve tried to be a bit apptistic with this offering. I photographed the frame today when I was in a shopping centre waiting for Rog to come out of his meeting. This frame was on a Cafe Nero (or does it have two fs?) wall with nothing in it, just asking to be messed with.:D I masked out the hare with a map that I photographed a few weeks ago. The moon was added in Lens Light. Not sure that works. Maybe a bird would have been better. That’s the sort of mood I’m in at the moment. My brain is addled.

Self portrait.

My inner channel is way to clean I’m afraid. Will have to work on it.

View attachment 121153

So I started off with a horrible selfie (can’t understand the obsession with it!) and did a tracing in black without lifting my stylus - SketchClub:
View attachment 121154

Then I filled it in using the vector tool in SketchClub using colours from my image:
View attachment 121155

Oh heck, soooo boring. Right, how can I tart this up?? Took the combination of the above two drawings into iColorama and used Style>Stamp with one of the patterns, changed sliders and Multiply. Better but doesn’t feel finished to me.
View attachment 121156

Into BeCasso to give it a Cartoon look, IC Adjust>Tone Lab>4 to bring out the colours and a final crop to get a better composition which is the first image.
WOW. :notworthy:
This thread is blowing my mind.... so many talented artists here. :inlove:

I confess to getting the paint brush (why is there no paint brush brush in SketchClub?) and the easel from Pixabay and making them into drawings in Icolorama.
View attachment 121157
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :notworthy: :inlove: :notworthy: And the hat you drew!!! :inlove:
The things you all are *seeing* is blowing my mind. Seriously. LOV-ING this challenge!!!

Hare Today

View attachment 121162

Haven’t felt at all creative for some reason :rolleyes:, but I’ve tried to be a bit apptistic with this offering. I photographed the frame today when I was in a shopping centre waiting for Rog to come out of his meeting. This frame was on a Cafe Nero (or does it have two fs?) wall with nothing in it, just asking to be messed with.:D I masked out the hare with a map that I photographed a few weeks ago. The moon was added in Lens Light. Not sure that works. Maybe a bird would have been better. That’s the sort of mood I’m in at the moment. My brain is addled.
I think it's fantastic. I would never have guessed it wasn't a photo of a piece of art on a wall!! Amazing work, Jilly.

Hare Today
Little Bunny Foo Foo,
Hopping through the forest
Scooping up the field mice
And boppin’ ’em on the head

Down came the good fairy and she said

“Little Bunny Foo Foo,
I don’t want to see you
And boppin’ ’em on the head.
I gave you three chances
And you didn’t behave
Now you’re a goon! POOF!!”

The moral of the story is:
HARE TODAY, GOON TOMORROW.

I confess to getting the paint brush (why is there no paint brush brush in SketchClub?) and the easel from Pixabay and making them into drawings in Icolorama.
View attachment 121157

! Love it (and would never have thought of it!) and that little beret! :lmao:

(There are multiple paint brushes in SC - oil, watercolour, pointillist, palette ?sp) etc. I think you have to choose them from Community/brushes/ category)

Little Bunny Foo Foo,

“Little Bunny Foo Foo,
I don’t want to see you
I gave you three chances
And you didn’t behave

:lmao: So funny. It made me LOL, so thank you for that Ted.

Little Bunny Foo Foo,

“Little Bunny Foo Foo,
I don’t want to see you
I gave you three chances
And you didn’t behave

:lol:

And.....

Thanks a LOT, TED. :rolleyes: That damn song (and the choreo) are now stuck in my head. o_O

Little Bunny Foo Foo,

“Little Bunny Foo Foo,
I don’t want to see you
I gave you three chances
And you didn’t behave

What’s a goon, please? Bird? Frog??? Rat?

Here’s my tesselation attempt.
D0F3A222-D750-4A43-95B3-B54A81E7B97A.jpeg

Yikes! Even resized at 1500px this picture still came to over 9MB. I had to re-jpeg it again to lower the memory space.
Made in iOrnament. It took about 25 tries to get the fish shape to fit and that turned out to be the easy part. It will take a lot more practice with the painting functions in iOrnament to get what I hoped for.

View attachment 121179
Yikes! Even resized at 1500px this picture still came to over 9MB. I had to re-jpeg it again to lower the memory space.
Made in iOrnament. It took about 25 tries to get the fish shape to fit and that turned out to be the easy part. It will take a lot more practice with the painting functions in iOrnament to get what I hoped for.
That is super cool.

View attachment 121179
Cool!

View attachment 121179
Wow! I tried this in iOrnament and couldn’t get it to do anything on purpose! Think I’ll stick to Amaziograph.

! Love it (and would never have thought of it!) and that little beret! :lmao:

(There are multiple paint brushes in SC - oil, watercolour, pointillist, palette ?sp) etc. I think you have to choose them from Community/brushes/ category)
I searched the community brushes for a paint brush brush, but couldn’t find one. Am I being confusing? I used a musical note brush to stamp in the legs, another sort of brush to stamp the eye, but I couldn’t find a brush in the shape of a brush to stamp. Am I making sense yet? At all????:confused::confused:

I searched the community brushes for a paint brush brush, but couldn’t find one. Am I being confusing? I used a musical note brush to stamp in the legs, another sort of brush to stamp the eye, but I couldn’t find a brush in the shape of a brush to stamp. Am I making sense yet? At all????:confused::confused:
Yes, perfect sense. Maybe you will be the one to make that missing paint brush brush and share it with others. I can see how searching for a paint brush brush would lead to a confused set of search results. I wonder if searching for a paint brush stamp brush would get you closer. It really is a stamp rather than a brush. Like a pattern brush is another category of brush. The musical notes for feet was an inspiration.

This just got me thinking about brushes and pattern brushes and tesselation and wondering if a tesselation tile in a pattern brush would produce a nice tesselation pattern. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom