Mobi52 Starzee’s Project 52 - 2020

Procreate
E7B223C9-9834-4817-BFF1-F190D336E078.jpeg

While looking for Museum images, I stumbled on this mask image I took quite some time ago (antique store, not museum) I pinned it in FotoDa, the took it into Decim8. Now I have 25 more cool images I have to find a use for!
FotoDa:
FB998A99-904E-4ED5-9F94-0D1017AC4493.jpeg

Decim8:
48EAF584-3C34-4C38-9653-C64FEEB33C6E.jpeg

It seems I’ll have lots of time to get creative. They’ve issued a state of emergency and closed all the county schools until April 13. The school district is delivering laptops to the student for long distance learning. There are 1500 students in the high school. That’s a lot of laptops. Three of the city elementary schools will be open to provide free lunches and a bagged breakfast Monday -Friday. The city has a large population living below the poverty level. I’m not sure how the classroom content will be sent. Some of the teachers already utilize Google Classroom already, but others are technologically challenged. I’m planning on emailing the students I help, and offering to assist best I can from a distance. I am wondering how this will effect the State Regents tests that students must take in certain classes in June. Missing a months worth of content will have quite an impact especially with the population I work with, who may not be motivated to do the work without someone standing over them.
Decim8, Procreate, DistressedFX Plus
D7D6F214-6493-4A28-9E85-35A0112D2960.jpeg

It seems I’ll have lots of time to get creative. They’ve issued a state of emergency and closed all the county schools until April 13. The school district is delivering laptops to the student for long distance learning. There are 1500 students in the high school. That’s a lot of laptops. Three of the city elementary schools will be open to provide free lunches and a bagged breakfast Monday -Friday. The city has a large population living below the poverty level. I’m not sure how the classroom content will be sent. Some of the teachers already utilize Google Classroom already, but others are technologically challenged. I’m planning on emailing the students I help, and offering to assist best I can from a distance. I am wondering how this will effect the State Regents tests that students must take in certain classes in June. Missing a months worth of content will have quite an impact especially with the population I work with, who may not be motivated to do the work without someone standing over them.
Decim8, Procreate, DistressedFX Plus
View attachment 156072
Agh! What a nightmare. It will be extremely difficult to motivate some kids who will look on this as an unexpected holiday and a time for getting into mischief.

iColorama, DistressedFX
E72106DB-F8F7-440F-BD23-5EBBA0EBFA60.jpeg

As I went along layering and messing with stuff, I remembered a tutorial juryjone Jerry did using the shadow feature. I made a mask of the figures using threshold, then several steps later adding it back and using shadows then inverted. It seems to add a roundedness to the figures. Jerry, I looked for that tute so I could watch it again and couldn’t find it. Do you have a link? BTW, while looking for it I reviewed a few other of your wonderful tutorials. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

iColorama, DistressedFX
View attachment 156167
As I went along layering and messing with stuff, I remembered a tutorial juryjone Jerry did using the shadow feature. I made a mask of the figures using threshold, then several steps later adding it back and using shadows then inverted. It seems to add a roundedness to the figures. Jerry, I looked for that tute so I could watch it again and couldn’t find it. Do you have a link? BTW, while looking for it I reviewed a few other of your wonderful tutorials. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
That green looks like verdigris - lovely. And the figures do have a roundness. I intend to do some Vectornator tutorials, as well as others, whilst we’re stuck at home.

iColorama, DistressedFX
View attachment 156167
You know what? I can’t find it either. I know the image I think I used - a selfie of myself with glasses. I used the same technique you outline - using Threshold to create a mask and input to Effects>Shadow. But I can’t find the tutorial or images!

So here’s something I threw together to illustrate the kind of result you can get.

22793C81-0275-4E26-9EFA-ADDB7BD4E455.jpeg

You know what? I can’t find it either. I know the image I think I used - a selfie of myself with glasses. I used the same technique you outline - using Threshold to create a mask and input to Effects>Shadow. But I can’t find the tutorial or images!

So here’s something I threw together to illustrate the kind of result you can get.

View attachment 156200
Wow, that’s amazing. Love it. :notworthy:

View attachment 156200
Thanks for looking! This is cool. I’ve been looking for a way to add depth to images and this is definitely a good one. You know, just when you think you have a handle on iColorama, BAM! A new twist!

Back
Top Bottom