Talking Point..........

1. You have to delete every app from your phone bar one, which do you keep? Probably Snapseed for its all round abilities, even though I'm probably using VSCO and Lighroom Mobile more these days.

2. Get closer or use zoom?
Get closer of course, barring cliff edges and busy roads. This is probably dependant on how many $$ you spend on a phone.

3. Do you edit every image you make before it gets uploaded for public viewing?
Yes and even some just for fun.

4. Are you obsessed with straight lines, or are you cool with slightly skewed?
I probably think about it more these days, but I'm not obsessive.

5. Adjust your settings or rely on Auto?
Auto all the way baby :D To be honest the 'technicalities' of photography leave me a little cold.

6. Do you think about what you are trying to convey in an image or are you a photographic butterfly, ah that looks nice snap, pretty colours snap etc?
Butterfly I'm afraid, or maybe a Death's Head Moth. I'm beginning to think I'm not much good at this photography lark to be honest.

7. Do you believe in Astrology? Why or why not? I know Guinness exits, but I don't like it. Maybe believe is the wrong word, acknowledge maybe?
Hey I'm a Sagittarian I'm all over the place :)

Oh what the heck!
pet peeves: apps that ask for feedback before you even open the app itself, ads, watermarks.

since my iPhone is the only phone I use, yes, I’d carry it even without the camera. I actually wrote to Apple and asked them to remove the camera from the phone and come out with a separate device called the iCamera (or some such) since it would be almost as easy to carry two devices and maybe my phone would actually work better as a phone.
There ya go folks! Now that I’m the most unpopular kid on the block, feel free to post your pet peeves :D

1. You have to delete every app from your phone bar one, which do you keep?
It would be Hipstamatic Classic, now that it has the editing suite built in. I absolutely love it.

As Sinnerjohn says, barring hazards, get closer

Its rare that I get an image that needs no tweaking, either to take out a photobombing dog or just to lift the tone, so I would say every image get a little attention before i free it up.

Skewed works for me, but straight lines do have their place.

I'm manual all the way, otherwise its the App taking the photo and im just holding the camera.

6. Do you think about what you are trying to convey in an image or are you a photographic butterfly, ah that looks nice snap, pretty colours snap etc?
I'm a flutterbye baby! Seize the moment and then worry about the aesthetic.

7. Do you believe in Astrology? Why or why not
Yes. I'm an Aquarius and can easily recognise the astrological traits in others. I read Linda Goodmans Sunsigns donkeys years ago and the Aquarius section is me to a T.

Last edited:
1. You have to delete every app from your phone bar one, which do you keep?
It would be Hipstamatic Classic, now that it has the editing suite built in. I absolutely love it.

As Sinnerjohn says, barring hazards, get closer

Its rare that I get an image that needs no tweaking, either to take out a photobombing dog or just to lift the tone, so I would say every image get a little attention before i free it up.

Skewed works for me, but straight lines do have their place.

I'm manual all the way, otherwise its the App taking the photo and im just holding the camera.

I'm a flutterbye baby! Seize the moment and then worry about the aesthetic.

7. Do you believe in Astrology? Why or why not
Yes. I'm an Aquarius and can easily recognise the astrological traits in others. I read Linda Goodmans Sunsigns donkeys years ago and the Aquarius section is me to a T.
Curious, does Hipstamatic have manual settings?

• Mobitog aside, how many sites do you regularly post your photos to?
  • What's the worst thing about having a smartphone?
  • Are there any words that annoy you for no good reason?
  • After the zombie apocalyse, how long would you keep your zombie partner/wife/husband/other half around in the hope you can cure them?
  • Do you know any swear words in Latin?
  • What's the most memorable lesson you learned from your parents?

• After the zombie apocalyse, how long would you keep your zombie partner/wife/husband/other half around in the hope you can cure them?
-I post to Instagram and Flickr
-The worst thing about having a smartphone is forgetting that smartphone.
-I always have good reason to be annoyed by certain words.
-Until he eats my brain.
-No. I know some rude sign language, though.
-It’s okay to splash in puddles and get mud between your toes.

Same as Star, Instagram and Flickr. Used to post to some Facebook groups like iColorama but not for a long time.
I forget about it at home so don’t always pick up Whatsapp messages or calls. A landline is more useful at home if people want to contact me. My DH always calls me on the landline.
Momentarily. What does it really mean?? In a moment, for a moment, briefly?
Don’t like these type of movies so don’t know what I would be up against.
It was bad enough learning ordinary Latin words, forget about being able to swear in the language!
No point crying over spilt milk.

Mobitog aside, how many sites do you regularly post your photos to?

Just Instagram these days. I used to post to Flickr but haven't done that for a few years.​

What's the worst thing about having a smartphone?

The temptation to use it.​

Are there any words that annoy you for no good reason?

"Dope"​
"Just sayin'"​
"It is what it is"​

After the zombie apocalyse, how long would you keep your zombie partner/wife/husband/other half around in the hope you can cure them?

There's a cure for zombies? I thought they were all rotting flesh and stuff.​

Do you know any swear words in Latin?

No. I used to know a few in Russian, though.​

What's the most memorable lesson you learned from your parents?

Pay attention to your fingers when using the table saw (resolved while driving my dad to the emergency room).​
More useful in the long run (since I don't use the table saw that much): Many times you're forced to make a decision without being certain that it's the right one, so 1) don't act like you're more certain than you are once you've made the decision, and 2) if it turns out you are right, don't pretend you knew it all along.​

• How many? 2
  • Probably spending far too much time staring at it, but don't we all?
  • Not really, although I do get annoyed at people who use swear words constantly.
  • After the zombie apocalypse, how long would you keep your zombie partner/wife/husband/other half around in the hope you can cure them?
  • Probably more humane to brain them there and then.
  • Latin? Isn't that a dead language? I'm a working class boy that went to secondary modern, we were definitely not taught Latin. I can imagine public school toffs swearing at each other in Latin, thinking it hilarious, but not I sir.
  • Don't take life too seriously....... oh and spend every penny you have or your kids will only waste it when you've gone :lol:

Seems relevant to the thread...
Clipboard01.jpg

Mobitog aside, how many sites do you regularly post your photos to?
None. I've largely quit most other sites

What's the worst thing about having a smartphone?
I really can't see any downsides myself.

Are there any words that annoy you for no good reason?
Only words used incorrectly.

After the zombie apocalyse, how long would you keep your zombie partner/wife/husband/other half around in the hope you can cure them?
I'll blow her head apart with a shotgun with no hesitation. No idea where I'll get a shotgun from. No idea where I'd ever get a gun of any kind from. America is so much more prepared for a zombie apocalyse. I wonder why they do so badly in movies/tv with so many guns at hand.

Do you know any swear words in Latin?
No. I found a page with them on if you're interested.

What's the most memorable lesson you learned from your parents?
You can't reason with an a**hole.

Ive just jacked in Facebook completely in light of Zuckerbergs plans to move to 'Meta', whatever the hell that is and also come off Instagrag as it seems to think I love trumpet playing, physics questions, indian philosophers and Emilia Clarkson.
People keep ringing me on my camera
Neologisms created specifically to draw attention to the latest craze or bandwagon - too numerous to mention
As soon as she started going a bit grey round the gills, she'd be toast.
Nope - theres no point in cussing in a dead language if nobody else understands me!
Get a proper job

Yes. I learnt to type properly on a mechanical typewriter, sculpt in clay, draw on paper and take pictures on 35mm film.
The kids of today don't know they're born now get off my lawn.

Last edited:
Yes and no. I have been taking photos digitally since I bought my very first Fuji camera early in the 90’s. ( and analog photos since……nevermind) I started creating photo collages in photoshop not too long after that when my brother let me download the software he got from collage. He even let me borrow the text for a summer. For the most part, no one saw any except me, unless I printed and gave images as gifts. The ipad changed how I worked, but I still didn’t post anything. In fact, thinking about it, I never posted any images until I stumbled on Mobitog.

As far as still being me, in the sense of being the same as I am now, I might have to say no, I think being able to post things, get feedback has lead to a better self confidence and the desire to promote my images rather than to keep them hidden away in digital lockdown.

Yes and no. I have been taking photos digitally since I bought my very first Fuji camera early in the 90’s. ( and analog photos since……nevermind) I started creating photo collages in photoshop not too long after that when my brother let me download the software he got from collage. He even let me borrow the text for a summer. For the most part, no one saw any except me, unless I printed and gave images as gifts. The ipad changed how I worked, but I still didn’t post anything. In fact, thinking about it, I never posted any images until I stumbled on Mobitog.

As far as still being me, in the sense of being the same as I am now, I might have to say no, I think being able to post things, get feedback has lead to a better self confidence and the desire to promote my images rather than to keep them hidden away in digital lockdown.
My path is similar to yours I started on old Yashica, and then Zenith, film cameras. It wasn't until long after he advent of digital that I made the switch. Once there though I have not looked back. I can't tell you how many hard drives I have full to the brim with images that no one has ever seen. I attempted once to make a concerted effort to catalogue them but didn't get too far. Now they serve as a repository of bits and pieces I use for other things. I have always printed postcards to send off to family members and was quite surprised when my brother told me recently that my dad still has them.
Before Mobitog I shared few images on sites I can't even remember the name of. Receiving feedback and critique is the best thing ever about sharing. I know it has made me a better photographer and I can't imagine not being able to share ideas online with like-minded folks.

Back
Top Bottom