terse fragments

I checked out your recommendations. I followed them all except Syed Uzair. I wasn’t able to figure out which one he was on the search.
I linked his name in the message, so if you click on that, it should take you right there. If not, his screen name is photoimpressionistt (note the double t at the end).

Me also (except no FB account). The lineup for the first issue looked interesting, and it seemed worth a few bucks to see what happens.
Yeah, I’m not an FB fan either but I opened up an account under Image Artistry with minimal details just to join groups some of them part of courses. Yes, my name is in there too and I feel strangely uncomfortable with it but I was surprised to see that I belong to 27 groups, mainly photography and I have certainly benefited from them but I can totally understand your reticence. I’d rather not...be on FB.

Last edited:
I linked his name in the message, so if you click on that, it should take you right there. If not, his screen name is photoimpressionistt (note the double t at the end).
Silly me! That’s why it’s orange! :rolleyes:

Thanks! I feel like I'm inching along a bit at a time. The video, you can see, is part 3 of his workflow series. I did watch 1 & 2, but there's no need to bother. Part 1 is him shooting at the beach and once you see how he waves the camera around, there's nothing else to see. Part 2 is just him reviewing his photos in Lightroom and selecting ones to use in part 3, but it doesn't tell you anything about why he's choosing the ones he does.
It intrigues me that Andy Gray at least, uses quite high end equipment to make these images. Which kind of baffles me, not saying his work isn't cool, but buying an expensive camera and then waving it around hmmm.
Oh then I see they are selling a magazine about erm waving your camera around :rolleyes:

Are there any mobile proponents of this dark art (besides yourself ;) )

It intrigues me that Andy Gray at least, uses quite high end equipment to make these images. Which kind of baffles me, not saying his work isn't cool, but buying an expensive camera and then waving it around hmmm.
Oh then I see they are selling a magazine about erm waving your camera around :rolleyes:
Could be he already had the expensive camera so he's using what he had? :D It'd be a good way to build up your wrist strength, too.

Anyway, I think that many of the photographers you see under the various ICM tags are using DSLR or mirrorless cameras. I have noticed that, for long exposure photos at least, I used to get smoother results from my old Sony NEX-7 (now departed) than I do from my iPhone. (That was shooting without camera movement.) And looking at the seagull studies by Anne McGrath on Flickr (taken with a Nikon), I notice that she doesn't get the stair-step effect I often see in similar phone photos -- hers are all very smooth.

Could be he already had the expensive camera so he's using what he had? :D It'd be a good way to build up your wrist strength, too.

Anyway, I think that many of the photographers you see under the various ICM tags are using DSLR or mirrorless cameras. I have noticed that, for long exposure photos at least, I used to get smoother results from my old Sony NEX-7 (now departed) than I do from my iPhone. (That was shooting without camera movement.) And looking at the seagull studies by Anne McGrath on Flickr (taken with a Nikon), I notice that she doesn't get the stair-step effect I often see in similar phone photos -- hers are all very smooth.
Lovely images she has!

There are, and I'll see if I can hunt some up, but most of the real enthusiasts don't mention what gear they're using. I did notice that David Howell said he shoots with a Fuji XT-1 but edits on a 12.9" iPad Pro.
https://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/11/24/intentional-camera-movement/. I’m just about to read this as I stand on the fringes watching in awe as you produce your ICM images. I don’t know how old this article is, but it mentions Slow Shutter Cam and features a nice image with wispy grass. :rolleyes:

In case of fire

2CE1BE96-E7D0-4563-897A-F11E773E3646.jpeg

Here's one of the more surprising results I've had from an app. I posted the following image in MC 223 (ProCamera w/camera motion, Leonardo for blurs, iColorama for reshaping):

6b5560c5-3641-46b3-adfe-5475f28bba1e-jpeg.158304

Some time later, I ran that very image through Graphite/Francis and got this:

C27FAE06-AA1C-4F2E-A6AC-96342383A88D.jpeg

By pulling the shadows way up on the first image, I could see that the bones of the new structure were hidden there, but all the same o_O

Here's one of the more surprising results I've had from an app. I posted the following image in MC 223 (ProCamera w/camera motion, Leonardo for blurs, iColorama for reshaping):

View attachment 158795

By pulling the shadows way up on the first image, I could see that the bones of the new structure were hidden there, but all the same o_O
Cool!

View attachment 158795

Love it. I sometimes get that when I use something like Adjust>Tonelab in iColorama. How did you get so much shadow on the first place? Was it indoors?

Love it. I sometimes get that when I use something like Adjust>Tonelab in iColorama. How did you get so much shadow on the first place? Was it indoors?
No, outdoors, but an ICM shot up against the dark gray house and in the shade. I expect it darkened even more from the original as I played with it and/or I forced it to black with ACDSee.

Back
Top Bottom