IOTM Winner - May & Nov 2020 & June & July 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Corcoran Lagoon

First, processed in Leonardo, adding motion blur, white balance adjustment, and a texture overlay

F403498F-68EC-4083-8918-D8AA2C1AF127.jpeg

Next, the original native cam shot combined with a Graphite "Rough Sketch" version in Leonardo, using an Overlay blend I think.

43476FE2-7416-458D-930C-0FE6E796EFE0.jpeg

Finally, the original native cam shot.

7F77E78B-1329-4637-8E2F-C0839CBCF3D5.jpeg

terse

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Nightmare impressionism or impressionistic nightmare, love it.

Also, the guy seems to be doing a crazy dance with his mask on but he still wears his tie :rolleyes:
Makes it even spookier. :eek: Apparently the coat and tie are part of the modern costume, and it's hard to tell from the messed-about image, but the guy's wearing really furry chaps (cowboy chaps, not British chaps) and cowboy boots, and he's got a whip in his left hand.

terse

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
is there a story here? I wonder how many hands this passed through to get to California!
My dad was in North Africa and Italy during WWII and then worked with UNESCO for a year after that before he came home. He had a small box of coins and notes from different countries, and given the date on this one, I'd guess he picked it up traveling around in the UNESCO period. He never mentioned being in the UK, so I'd guess he picked it up from a Brit he crossed paths with.

There's also an older and shabbier silver sixpence that I'm cleaning up to do a macro.

Last edited:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
My dad was in North Africa and Italy during WWII and then worked with UNESCO for a year after that before he came home. He had a small box of coins and notes from different countries, and given the date on this one, I'd guess he picked it up traveling around in the UNESCO period. He never mentioned being in the UK, so I'd guess he picked it up from a Brit he crossed paths with.

There's also an older and shabbier silver sixpence that I'm cleaning up to do a macro.
Great memento, I have some sixpences but no one in my family thought to save a thrupenny bit. Funny that they were in circulation till 1971.

terse

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Wow I remember these being hidden in Xmas puddings when I was a kid. Great macro shot Ted. CameraPlus does macro quite well too
Yeah, I compared Halide and Camera+ macro shots with Halide at the 2x setting, and they looked equally good to me.