HipstaPaks The Thai Hang HipstaPak

Wondering if anyone else here has updated to iOS 9.3.1?
Hipstamatic and some other apps no longer show thumbnails in the photo picker for me Hipstamatic shows black boxes, other apps show white. It you scroll I see flashes of colour along the bottom. Don't know if it's something Apple did or if the apps have to be updated... Right now the only way is I created a album that I put the images in I want to edit then open from there, royal pain...
Not yet... Maybe I'll wait

Hipstamatic and some other apps no longer show thumbnails in the photo picker for me Hipstamatic shows black boxes, other apps show white. It you scroll I see flashes of colour along the bottom. Don't know if it's something Apple did or if the apps have to be updated... Right now the only way is I created a album that I put the images in I want to edit then open from there, royal pain...

9.3.1 here ... and no, no such issues here. May be device dependent (in conjunction with 9.3.1)

edit: 9.3.1 was supposed to correct an issue with web links in 9.3, and just that. I'd be surprised if it broke anything else.

Last edited:
I had this on my iPad, I thought it had broke Hipsta but I rebooted and all the black boxes were back to thumbnails.

As I live in HK I sort of feel I should buy this but not that impressed with the results.
I imagine Hong Kong might be one of the few places where the combo would work. An Instagram poster @ londongoth has recently posted some great Hong Kong shots.

So I bit the bullet and bought the pak - I mean 99p isn't going to to break the bank and a friend and I went on a photoshot about a month ago to a small village where we knew we could find some abandoned and run down buildings so I just took two random pics from this set and used the paks with a couple of modifications to vibrancy etc. Actually I think I like it. If the pics are a bit grungy to start off with it adds to the effect.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The first pic I took into Snapseed afterwards and added some ambiance and liked this even better

image.jpeg

So I bit the bullet and bought the pak - I mean 99p isn't going to to break the bank and a friend and I went on a photoshot about a month ago to a small village where we knew we could find some abandoned and run down buildings so I just took two random pics from this set and used the paks with a couple of modifications to vibrancy etc. Actually I think I like it. If the pics are a bit grungy to start off with it adds to the effect.

View attachment 75581

View attachment 75582

The first pic I took into Snapseed afterwards and added some ambiance and liked this even better

View attachment 75583
Fabulous!! Loves these images.

post processed images from Hipstamatic (imported and then exported as copies) won't upload anymore to Google Photos.

No idea about iCloud Photo Library as I temporarily had to disable it (again ).

edit: I just mailed Hipsta about it and sent an in-app feedback report to Google.

Last edited:

View attachment 75581

View attachment 75582

View attachment 75583

Yes, Ann, in your hands it has been very successful. I'm not sure I could produce anything half as good. I don't know why, but right from the beginning me and Hipsta just did not get on and our relationship hasn't really improved over the years.

I had this on my iPad, I thought it had broke Hipsta but I rebooted and all the black boxes were back to thumbnails.
Have tried robot with no change, still black.
Deleted Hipstamatic and downloaded again and initially it showed thumbnails then they went away, another reboot and still nothing.

With more playing around (research) it's something to do with iPhone app running on an iPad. Every universal app works properly but most iPhone apps don't. So far the only iPhone apps that continue to work are Instagram, Prime (photo filtering) and Parabo (prints, books etc).

Another user on appzapp has the same issue and his iPad has the same issue but his iPhone 5 works good.

Or I thought it was restricted to iPad but the link posted shows a 4S has similar issues.

Last edited:
Have tried robot with no change, still black.
Deleted Hipstamatic and downloaded again and initially it showed thumbnails then they went away, another reboot and still nothing.

With more playing around (research) it's something to do with iPhone app running on an iPad. Every universal app works properly but most iPhone apps don't. So far the only iPhone apps that continue to work are Instagram, Prime (photo filtering) and Parabo (prints, books etc).

Another user on appzapp has the same issue and his iPad has the same issue but his iPhone 5 works good.

Or I thought it was restricted to iPad but the link posted shows a 4S has similar issues.
Mine is still working ok, maybe I'm just lucky!

Yes, Ann, in your hands it has been very successful. I'm not sure I could produce anything half as good. I don't know why, but right from the beginning me and Hipsta just did not get on and our relationship hasn't really improved over the years.
Thank you, Jilly. I used Hipstamatic almost exclusively last year but since 3 has come out I have tended to take with an ordinary camera app and then Hipsta them if I feel like it. I do miss the interesting results that it produces though and maybe I will pull it out again for extra shots.

I love all the images here that have been made with the now infamous Thai Hang pak, but it does seem like everyone is trying to make the pak look good rather than it making our photos look good, if you see what I mean.
I'm not convinced :cool:

Thank you, Jilly. I used Hipstamatic almost exclusively last year but since 3 has come out I have tended to take with an ordinary camera app and then Hipsta them if I feel like it. I do miss the interesting results that it produces though and maybe I will pull it out again for extra shots.
I've started to do that a bit too. I got tired of waiting "forever" for the app to open and then taking multiple shots and finding I hadn't taken any. So it can be frustrating but deep down I'm still a Hipstamatic fan

I think it's pretty. At least in interiors with natural light. It seems like something from an old family album, hand painted and deteriorated (old film fetish! FundyBrian). The only thing I wish about this border though is that it could change a little with every shot. Maybe that's too complicated to do though... The only way it seems to change is with lighting, and I guess that's something. By the way, as shot - no edits.

EHUE1373.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's pretty. At least in interiors with natural light. It seems like something from an old family album, hand painted and deteriorated (old film fetish! FundyBrian). The only thing I wish about this border though is that it could change a little with every shot. Maybe that's too complicated to do though... The only way it seems to change is with lighting, and I guess that's something. By the way, as shot - no edits.
Nice one Jennifer... :thumbs:

And great to see you have regained your confidence in Hipstamatic once more... :D

Back
Top Bottom