Mobi365 Ubbyisis’ Project 365 - 2022

Day 339 - December 6th - Sunrise

Beautiful morning here. Minus 7 degrees, no wind, and a beautiful sunrise at 8:30

native cam, LRM, iColorama

C43146DD-F69C-4614-96E3-0A910D655ED5.jpeg

Interesting rock fence. Is it yours?
Yes, it’s ours. They are everywhere in this part of Sweden. The ground is really ”rocking” in our region Uppland. The fence was here when we moved here. Perhaps it was made from all the rocks the builder dug up when he cleared the ground for the house. It can also be much older. This area has been populated since iron age when the land raised from the sea. I’m not saying the rock fence is from that age though :) Could be from the 19th century. There are remains from a building about 50 meters from our house, probably a small farm/cottage.

Yes, it’s ours. They are everywhere in this part of Sweden. The ground is really ”rocking” in our region Uppland. The fence was here when we moved here. Perhaps it was made from all the rocks the builder dug up when he cleared the ground for the house. It can also be much older. This area has been populated since iron age when the land raised from the sea. I’m not saying the rock fence is from that age though :) Could be from the 19th century. There are remains from a building about 50 meters from our house, probably a small farm/cottage.
How very cool! There are many similar fences north of us. I’ve always loved the organic form of them. If you’re wandering by, I’d love to see the picture of the building remains, too. That’s something that sets my imagination to running off……

Day 340 - December 7th - Frost

-10 and sunshine today. And no wind. The perfect winter weather. Some more snow is on my wishlist.

The neighbours' girls had drawn hearts on every post box while waiting for the school bus :inlove: Snapseed

5A3BF6BF-4062-4FAC-9BD3-3FABFAD42B51.jpeg

Postbox close-up. Snapseed

1BC6EAB7-D31B-4AD4-92DC-7945DFBF8126.jpeg

our house - Snapseed

CC7F53BA-EFDD-49DF-9532-047E45A4260D.jpeg

How very cool! There are many similar fences north of us. I’ve always loved the organic form of them. If you’re wandering by, I’d love to see the picture of the building remains, too. That’s something that sets my imagination to running off……
Not very spectacular…. Just the foundation was made of stone. You can see a corner stone and the smaller stones to the left is the foundation for one of the walls. The rest of the building was made of logs. We’ll try to get better pics another day. I know a place where I think there’s more to see.
99657841-EF9F-469D-BA70-7E33724DFF68.jpeg

Not very spectacular…. Just the foundation was made of stone. You can see a corner stone and the smaller stones to the left is the foundation for one of the walls. The rest of the building was made of logs. We’ll try to get better pics another day. I know a place where I think there’s more to see.
View attachment 188114
It’s still pretty neat that it’s there. Do you have any idea who lived there? We had an abstract that went back to the 1800’s. Our house is at least 150 years old. Our foundation is all stone. It’s been pretty covered with a layer of cement, though.

It’s still pretty neat that it’s there. Do you have any idea who lived there? We had an abstract that went back to the 1800’s. Our house is at least 150 years old. Our foundation is all stone. It’s been pretty covered with a layer of cement, though.
I would love to live in an old house. Our house was built in 1983. The reason we chose this house although it wasn’t old was that we loved the location just at the edge of a vast forest area….. we had no idea that the forest owner would start to go berserk just a few years later.
We don’t know who lived in the now almost invisible cottages around here. Probably hard working poor people, could have been so called ”statare” (read here Statare - Wikipedia ). Or it could have been soldiers with their families who had small crofts allotted to them. See Allotment system - Wikipedia Old soldiers' tiny cottages our found in many places and were popular as summer cottages before people started wanting to have large villas for summer houses.

I wish I could explain better and I would love to go back in time and see this area let's say 200 years ago

I would love to live in an old house. Our house was built in 1983. The reason we chose this house although it wasn’t old was that we loved the location just at the edge of a vast forest area….. we had no idea that the forest owner would start to go berserk just a few years later.
We don’t know who lived in the now almost invisible cottages around here. Probably hard working poor people, could have been so called ”statare” (read here Statare - Wikipedia ). Or it could have been soldiers with their families who had small crofts allotted to them. See Allotment system - Wikipedia Old soldiers' tiny cottages our found in many places and were popular as summer cottages before people started wanting to have large villas for summer houses.

I wish I could explain better and I would love to go back in time and see this area let's say 200 years ago
Your Statare seem similar to sharecroppers around these parts. Many of our farms and even some our protected lands have ruins. Some were left to crumble when farmers built modern homes and barns. You see stone foundations attached to crumbling silos all over. Our little community and those around us were thriving during the Erie Canal days. Unfortunately the canal was rerouted later and many of our towns were left land locked. My time travel would be to the Canal heydays.

Your explanation was perfect.

Your Statare seem similar to sharecroppers around these parts. Many of our farms and even some our protected lands have ruins. Some were left to crumble when farmers built modern homes and barns. You see stone foundations attached to crumbling silos all over. Our little community and those around us were thriving during the Erie Canal days. Unfortunately the canal was rerouted later and many of our towns were left land locked. My time travel would be to the Canal heydays.

Your explanation was perfect.
This is so interesting. Thanks :thumbs:

Day 342 - December 9th - Relaxing after another week

Today we were over at Linus’ workplace because of their ”Christmas bazaar”. We drove him to his place afterward. He jumped down on the couch and lit his disco torches. And opened a Christmas scene with music on the TV screen. The perfect relax :)
Linus had the nickname Limpan and Lamp is lampa :D in Swedish. Perhaps I should start using the hashtag #limpanochlampan:cool:

native cam and edits in LRM

40629072-D3F5-414F-BC73-F258BAA8D85E.jpeg

7B11C81E-0465-406C-A9C2-5B97A9B39857.jpeg

Day 342 - December 9th - Relaxing after another week

Today we were over at Linus’ workplace because of their ”Christmas bazaar”. We drove him to his place afterward. He jumped down on the couch and lit his disco torches. And opened a Christmas scene with music on the TV screen. The perfect relax :)
Linus had the nickname Limpan and Lamp is lampa :D in Swedish. Perhaps I should start using the hashtag #limpanochlampan:cool:

native cam and edits in LRM

View attachment 188129

View attachment 188130
He looks sooo tired!

Day 344 - December 10th - Glad we didn’t send the shovels to Starzee :lmao:

It’s been snowing since this morning.

DH:s working hard. iColorama. The sign Varning Frigående pensionärer was a gift from my collegues when I got early retirement. It means Warning Free-range retirees :)

052A25BA-19E0-4874-8460-75EE2BA79965.jpeg

nothing can stop us from taking our daily walk :thumbs: LRM

886E1527-FD53-4974-BC71-67D3B0ECFF63.jpeg

C629AC6C-92F3-4EAC-9FB0-36827B836F50.jpeg

8CB69A6F-B99F-42CE-946B-1B174B0F2BB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm - I just noticed I messed up the dates - since November 19th :facepalm: I just fixed todays post. I don't care that the numbering is wrong in this thread. But the perfectionist in me shouts the F-word because all my printouts inherited the wrong day numbers. Just as the single stitch I messed up when I was making a cross stichted Christmas decoration:rolleyes: more than 30 years ago…

Last edited:
Hmmm - I just noticed I messed up the dates - since November 19th :facepalm: I just fixed todays post. I don't care that the numbering is wrong in this thread. But the perfectionist in me shouts the F-word because all my printouts inherited the wrong day numbers. Just as the single stitch I messed up when I was making a cross stichted Christmas decoration:rolleyes: more than 30 years ago…
Invisible to everyone else but glaring to you. I understand that.

Back
Top Bottom