Mobi366 Ubbyisis’ Project 366 - 2020

Before we imported Halloween here it was a peaceful holiday when we went to the churchyards and put lights and flowers on the graves. Now everything is about commerce and kids begging for candy, or even worse, for money. Perhaps I’m only old-fashioned :alien:
I don’t care for the whole candy thing and pranks, but, in the last several years, we get fewer and fewer trick or treaters. We get about a dozen and all kids from our neighborhood that we know. When I was teenager, I was reluctant to go out for fear of being “egged” or squirted with shaving cream. I just like that it’s okay that one day to step out of yourself and be someone else. I especially like it at school where kids can dress up and still be safe. I also like the whole eerie thing. I like to put on old monster movies (maybe Dracula). New scary movies, scare me.

I don’t care for the whole candy thing and pranks, but, in the last several years, we get fewer and fewer trick or treaters. We get about a dozen and all kids from our neighborhood that we know. When I was teenager, I was reluctant to go out for fear of being “egged” or squirted with shaving cream. I just like that it’s okay that one day to step out of yourself and be someone else. I especially like it at school where kids can dress up and still be safe. I also like the whole eerie thing. I like to put on old monster movies (maybe Dracula). New scary movies, scare me.

I like eerie things too, just that they hijacked the day when we already had a tradition. Talking abut scary movies: when I was young I lived in a student’s hall with ten rooms and a long corridor. Only one of us had a telly (loooong time ago :D ). When the telly owner went away for visiting his parents he let me use his room for watching TV. I once saw a horror movie in his room and got so scared I didn’t dare go back to my own room - think the corridor light was out or something. I decided to sleep on my mate’s bed that night:lmao:

I like eerie things too, just that they hijacked the day when we already had a tradition. Talking abut scary movies: when I was young I lived in a student’s hall with ten rooms and a long corridor. Only one of us had a telly (loooong time ago :D ). When the telly owner went away for visiting his parents he let me use his room for watching TV. I once saw a horror movie in his room and got so scared I didn’t dare go back to my own room - think the corridor light was out or something. I decided to sleep on my mate’s bed that night:lmao:
The Exorcist destroyed me. I slept with my light on for weeks. :lmao: You‘d think I’d learn, but I was drawn into The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. I’m still reluctant to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night sometimes.

Day 252 - September 8th - Summer’s fading away like a dream

Bluristic

6A54570A-7F45-475C-A418-F536D58431A8.jpeg

Day 251 - September 7th - Such a perfect day - carpe diem :cool:

This time of the year it‘s extra important not to think of the dark times that will come, but just enjoy every moment of good things. As the weather today for example :) Took a relaxing photo walk this morning. Collage made in Picsart

View attachment 160366

Bonus:
I’m so proud. Managed to capture the Big Dipper late in the evening yesterday. Used ProCam 7 with Slow Shutter mode and chose a shutter speed of 4 seconds. Tripod and remote. I will try this again - great fun

View attachment 160367
That is a really clear shot, wonderful.

Day 254 - September 10th - Nice surprise :thumbs:

I just discovered a fresh water-lily in our pond Their season should be over. But obviously it doesn’t know that or is just a rebel :cool: It’s the third round of water-lilies this year. I wonder how long it will last. We’ve had a cold nasty wind today. I’ve stayed inside almost the whole day.

ProCam 7

FDAC1034-360D-4F63-BF63-07CB186B85F2.jpeg

Yes, there are bees everywere in my garden as well. Quite difficult to capture them on the flowers! Nice shot!
This summer I was abble to identify Asiatic Wasps rounding the grapes. No more than four. They are scarry insects, much bigger than normal wasps or bees. Don't have enough courage to get closer to take a picture of one...In Portugal the government set up a program to monitor them as they are incrising the number. I've already reported to authorities. Still wating for an aswer...:(

Yes, there are bees everywere in my garden as well. Quite difficult to capture them on the flowers! Nice shot!
This summer I was abble to identify Asiatic Wasps rounding the grapes. No more than four. They are scarry insects, much bigger than normal wasps or bees. Don't have enough courage to get closer to take a picture of one...In Portugal the government set up a program to monitor them as they are incrising the number. I've already reported to authorities. Still wating for an aswer...:(

We sometimes see giant wasps too in our garden. Bigger than the European Giant Wasp so perhaps the Asian variety has arrived here too. But when I google the expertise says it hasn’t reached Sweden. Who knows, giant they are. A good thing is that they seem less aggressive than common little wasps so I am not so afraid, but of course I don’t go close to them ;) :confused:

Day 256 - September 12th - I didn’t know they looked like that :alien: :lmao:

Macro shot of a blueberry. I have never before noticed the decorative details in the center. The forests are still full of them by the way and all the birds’ poo is blue :D Edited in Snapseed

64C24B61-0135-48DF-B0DA-838D2FD72084.jpeg

Macro shot of a blueberry. I have never before noticed the decorative details in the center. The forests are still full of them by the way and all the birds’ poo is blue :D Edited in Snapseed

View attachment 160494
I thought it was a Christmas bauble in the thumbnail. Nice detail.

View attachment 160494
I know about the blue poos... but not from birds :lol:
Beautiful details indeed

View attachment 160494

a blue jewel :)

and blue bird-poo :lmao:

Day 257 - September 13th - Unlucky longhorn beetle

We found this one drowned in the swimming pool. Bad for the beetle but good for my 366 :whistle: Tried the Moment macro but wasn’t satisfied so I dugged up the Kodak macro (15x intead of Moment’s 10x). Edited in RAW Power. I include an additional photo so you can admire this longhorn’s horns:cool:

0DA5F7C6-F207-4C42-A74D-023569ACF81F.jpeg

F028CE2F-938C-4D9A-9BDA-B69DB970AE72.jpeg

Day 257 - September 13th - Unlucky longhorn beetle

We found this one drowned in the swimming pool. Bad for the beetle but good for my 366 :whistle: Tried the Moment macro but wasn’t satisfied so I dugged up the Kodak macro (15x intead of Moment’s 10x). Edited in RAW Power. I include an additional photo so you can admire this longhorn’s horns:cool:

View attachment 160511

View attachment 160512
Wow, fabulous. I wish Moment did a 15x. I miss this about the old Olloclip macro lenses I had with the iPhone 6. They were so good. I still wonder if I could somehow extract them from the casing and use them.

Wow, fabulous. I wish Moment did a 15x. I miss this about the old Olloclip macro lenses I had with the iPhone 6. They were so good. I still wonder if I could somehow extract them from the casing and use them.

Me too have the Olloclip lenses and I loved them. My DH has got my old 6s plus so he can use them, but unfortunately he never does. When I buy the 12 he’ll have my 11 and then I can take back my old 6 and just use it for Olloclip projects :whistle: :thumbs:

Me too have the Olloclip lenses and I loved them. My DH has got my old 6s plus so he can use them, but unfortunately he never does. When I buy the 12 he’ll have my 11 and then I can take back my old 6 and just use it for Olloclip projects :whistle: :thumbs:

good that you can still get use from it! Especially since the 6 is positively antique by now :eek:

good that you can still get use from it! Especially since the 6 is positively antique by now :eek:
I just checked my receipt folders. I bought my 6s plus in June 2016. So I guess it’s antique, although it’s horrible we don’t keep our phones for longer :alien:

Day 258 - September 14th - Verbena

Playing with the Kodak lens again. We bought this verbena plant i May I think and it has been blooming ever since. I love it. Got a lot of clothes with the same colour ;)

ProCam 7, no edit
Picture number 2 is for reference so you can see how tiny the flowers are in reality

4A201108-327E-4FE1-B312-8C12DDF634AB.jpeg

77787758-6539-47EC-AE95-1FB180F2521D.jpeg

Day 258 - September 14th - Verbena

Playing with the Kodak lens again. We bought this verbena plant i May I think and it has been blooming ever since. I love it. Got a lot of clothes with the same colour ;)

ProCam 7, no edit
Picture number 2 is for reference so you can see how tiny the flowers are in reality

View attachment 160541

View attachment 160542
Lovely close-up!

Back
Top Bottom