What are you watching?

Seriously................DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME :lol:
LOL

It has grown on me and now I just love it. It's so weird and off and WTF?? and wacky.... an arthouse film on crack, basically - which is why I love it. :rolleyes: My first mistake is I started watching it way too soon after gobbling up the original 2 seasons of Twin Peaks (which I totally and completely fell in love with), so I wanted Agent Dale Cooper back... I wanted his recordings to Diane back.... where is Annie?? I wanted them to be together. I wanted ALL of it back. And this season is absolutely nothing like the original, so I hated it at first, but I'm on episode 9 now and totally hooked.

LOL

It has grown on me and now I just love it. It's so weird and off and WTF?? and wacky.... an arthouse film on crack, basically - which is why I love it. :rolleyes: My first mistake is I started watching it way too soon after gobbling up the original 2 seasons of Twin Peaks (which I totally and completely fell in love with), so I wanted Agent Dale Cooper back... I wanted his recordings to Diane back.... where is Annie?? I wanted them to be together. I wanted ALL of it back. And this season is absolutely nothing like the original, so I hated it at first, but I'm on episode 9 now and totally hooked.
Well you have a GOLD star for perseverance Catherine. I made it to ep4 before I realised David Lynch was just having a laugh with us. I loved the originals but this is just awful!
Have you watched the OA? Maybe we need a TV thread ;)

Well you have a GOLD star for perseverance Catherine. I made it to ep4 before I realised David Lynch was just having a laugh with us. I loved the originals but this is just awful!
Have you watched the OA? Maybe we need a TV thread ;)

You have to pretty much erase the original from your mind... that’s what I did. Take it as something completely and totally new and different (with just a few little flashes of our beloved Twin Peaks of yore).

At first, those weird scenes where people would just stare into space, or stare at each other, for literally minutes at a time, seemed just so over the top "WHY???" But now I kind of get sucked into them.... and kind of flow along with the weirdness. And sometimes laugh because the scene is just ridiculously long! He has got one crazy creative brain, that's all I have to say.

At first, those weird scenes where people would just stare into space, or stare at each other, for literally minutes at a time, seemed just so over the top "WHY???" But now I kind of get sucked into them.... and kind of flow along with the weirdness. And sometimes laugh because the scene is just ridiculously long! He has got one crazy creative brain, that's all I have to say.
You are not selling it to me :rolleyes:

Google it.....THE OA

“The OA is an American mystery drama Netflix series with science fiction, supernatural, and fantasy elements, which debuted on Netflix on December 16, 2016. Created and executive produced by Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, the series is their third collaboration. The series consists of eight episodes, all directed by Batmanglij, and is produced by Plan B Entertainment and Anonymous Content. In the series, Marling stars as a young woman named Prairie Johnson who resurfaces after having been missing for seven years. Prairie now calls herself "The OA" and can see, despite having been blind before her disappearance.”

Sounds interesting!

“The OA is an American mystery drama Netflix series with science fiction, supernatural, and fantasy elements, which debuted on Netflix on December 16, 2016. Created and executive produced by Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, the series is their third collaboration. The series consists of eight episodes, all directed by Batmanglij, and is produced by Plan B Entertainment and Anonymous Content. In the series, Marling stars as a young woman named Prairie Johnson who resurfaces after having been missing for seven years. Prairie now calls herself "The OA" and can see, despite having been blind before her disappearance.”

Sounds interesting!
I didn't watch it when it first aired as there was quite a lot of hype about it. But I've just watched it recently and WOW its good.
I actually shed a tear during the last episode :oops:

Sounds interesting!
Its a must see in my book. A more adult themed 'Stranger Things' without the monsters............wait you DID watch 'Stranger Things' didn't you??

I LOVE Stranger Things!!

Did you watch Black Mirror (on Netflix)? SOOOOOO good. I may watch them all again.
Yes I like Black Mirror too :thumbs:

Stranger Things series 2 in October :) There's a scene in The OA where the TV is on in the background and its Stranger Things playing, I don't think its a coincidence either.

Last edited:
I didn't have the patience then and I don't now.

Sounds interesting!
Hmmm, I might like this...

I'm not a massive tv/movie buff. HK was like 3 years of isolation which I actually enjoyed. I came back thinking there would be masses of stuff to watch on tv and it's mostly old stuff!

I'm sorry I don't like all this emotional 'damaged' people stuff with constant sexual violence such as Top of the Lake. Maybe it's true to life but it's not the life I want to 'live in'. I'd rather watch period drama or children's animation. Maybe that's like putting your head in the sand but if I want violent stuff I can just watch the news!

Here’s a list of some of my current faves. Luckily many have a huge gap between seasons, and there’s the summer break too (giving me time to binge watch things like Twin Peaks :rolleyes:). Most of my all-time-favorites-ever are in the “Gone” list (which is almost entirely made up from HBO or Showtime)...
  1. American Crime
  2. Grace & Frankie
  3. Grey’s Anatomy
  4. Modern Family
  5. Orange is the New Black
  6. Project Runway
  7. Schitt’s Creek*
  8. Shameless
  9. Stranger Things
  10. This Is Us
  11. Tiny House Nation
  12. Twin Peaks: The Return
  13. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Gone but not forgotten (I could rewatch every episode in all of these):
  1. Breaking Bad
  2. Sherlock
  3. Black Mirror
  4. Six Feet Under
  5. Californication
  6. Weeds
  7. Enlightened
  8. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  9. The Comeback
  10. Girls
  11. Downton Abbey
  12. The Leftovers
  13. Lost
  14. The Sopranos
  15. True Blood
  16. Twin Peaks (original series)
  17. Seinfeld
  18. Will & Grace
  19. The Office (US version)

*Some cast members from a few of my favorite films!! “Best In Show”, “Waiting For Guffman”, “A Mighty Wind”.

Here’s a list of some of my current faves. Luckily many have a huge gap between seasons, and there’s the summer break too (giving me time to binge watch things like Twin Peaks :rolleyes:). Most of my all-time-favorites-ever are in the “Gone” list (which is almost entirely made up from HBO or Showtime)...
  1. American Crime
  2. Grace & Frankie
  3. Grey’s Anatomy
  4. Modern Family
  5. Orange is the New Black
  6. Project Runway
  7. Schitt’s Creek*
  8. Shameless
  9. Stranger Things
  10. This Is Us
  11. Tiny House Nation
  12. Twin Peaks: The Return
  13. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Gone but not forgotten (I could rewatch every episode in all of these):
  1. Breaking Bad
  2. Sherlock
  3. Black Mirror
  4. Six Feet Under
  5. Californication
  6. Weeds
  7. Enlightened
  8. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  9. The Comeback
  10. Girls
  11. Downton Abbey
  12. The Leftovers
  13. Lost
  14. The Sopranos
  15. True Blood
  16. Twin Peaks (original series)
  17. Seinfeld
  18. Will & Grace
  19. The Office (US version)

*Some cast members from a few of my favorite films!! “Best In Show”, “Waiting For Guffman”, “A Mighty Wind”.
Geez, the only series I have watched from that lot is Downton Abbey!

Back
Top Bottom