What are you watching?

My favourite is usually what I'm watching now/next. I'd agree with many suggestions above so far but I also like a good manga/anime series. Whilst being off work the last month I've watched Eureka Seven and I'm halfway through Soul Eater. Both classics.
I can also recommend Stein's Gate and Attack on Titan.

So it. You won't be sorry. I'm currently watching 'stella' awhile waiting for S4. A lot of ppl won't think it's funny but it's set in our Welsh valleys. A lot of it is pretty close to what it's like. Written and starring Ruth Jones.
Oh, I loved her in Gavin and Stacey - one of my all time favourite series. A classic.

Hmmmm....Grace & Frankie which is bloody brilliant and hysterically funny.
Will & Grace...an old favorite, I also used to Love Dharma & Greg
Madame Secretary
The Big Bang Theory
Zoo
Burn Notice
Nikita
White Collar
Gilmore Girls (I never get tired of it)
The Good Wife
Once Upon A Time
Grimm
Scorpion
NCIS
Criminal Minds
Frasier
Men In Trees, but it didn’t last long enough

Kubo and the 2 Strings
All of The Tinkerbell full length cartoons
Most of Disney’s classic cartoon movies
Twilight, I’ve got all 5 movies
And sooooo many movies it’s ridiculous
I don't know how I did it, but I also forgot the Netflix original Anne With an E...marvelous.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....Grace & Frankie which is bloody brilliant and hysterically funny.
Will & Grace...an old favorite, I also used to Love Dharma & Greg
Madame Secretary
The Big Bang Theory
Zoo
Burn Notice
Nikita
White Collar
Gilmore Girls (I never get tired of it)
The Good Wife
Once Upon A Time
Grimm
Scorpion
NCIS
Criminal Minds
Frasier
Men In Trees, but it didn’t last long enough

Kubo and the 2 Strings
All of The Tinkerbell full length cartoons
Most of Disney’s classic cartoon movies
Twilight, I’ve got all 5 movies
And sooooo many movies it’s ridiculous
Ahhh Frasier, I don't think there's one bad episode, a classic.

Observing the long lists of favourite programs I have to ask:
How do you have time to watch TV and still get anything done?
LOL, most of them are old programs watched after the kids had been put to bed and I was too exhausted to do more than watch tv while I folded laundry. But, even now, I don’t really watch avidly, it’s on in the background while I am drawing, crafting, whatever....I listen and glance up from time-to-time. However...Anne With an E and a few others are so well done that they require your apt attention because if you miss the nuance in facial expressions, then you’ve missed half the plot. Those I save (& savor) at times when I’m unproductive anyway...like When I’m recovering from a flu or cold, it’s the only way I can stay “down” to fully recover. My back-at-it-too-soon-and-sick-again act is legendary in these parts. But thanks to Netflix I’m now able to lay low and enjoy some excellent programming.

Oh! And as for the movies...Years ago my dog shattered my foot and when it failed to heal after several months my dr. Put me on total bed rest...my kids kept me down with rented movies...I thought I’d never watch another movie again once I could move around...but no, now I just run them in the background.

The noise doesn’t bother me, in case you’re wondering, because two years ago my doc gave me a new prescription and I was one of five people in the world that almost died from a reaction to it. It left some nasty reminders in the way of permanent lung damage (rather like COPD I gather), I now need glasses, and I hear the August cicada buzzing in my head ALL the time. I never get to hear the joy of silence anymore and boy do I miss it! So, when the noise is too loud to sleep, I watch programs via Netflix or CBS app or listen to music. Thanks to a ton of relaxing massage music I have nice stuff that I can sleep to.

And now I’ll bet you’re sorry for the comment that started this:lmao:

Last edited:
Detectorists - I have watched these sooooo many times, and I love it. I love the Suffolk scenery and the beautifully scripted and acted episodes - each one stands on its own, full of pathos and humour. And not about detectives, but about people who use metal detectors.
Grace and Frankie of course. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin at their very best. I introduced my step-daughter to G&F and she now loves it too.
Frasier - so many witty one-liners.
Any of the Fargo series - so surreal, with amazing performances from actors that we all thought we knew.
Death in Paradise - death in the Carribean, where the sun almost always shines.
Rosemary & Thyme
Gavin & Stacy
The Golden Girls - an oldie but goodie
Inspector Montalbano - murder in Sicily. More death in the sun with subtitles.

Detectorists - I have watched these sooooo many times, and I love it. I love the Suffolk scenery and the beautifully scripted and acted episodes - each one stands on its own, full of pathos and humour. And not about detectives, but about people who use metal detectors.
Grace and Frankie of course. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin at their very best. I introduced my step-daughter to G&F and she now loves it too.
Frasier - so many witty one-liners.
Any of the Fargo series - so surreal, with amazing performances from actors that we all thought we knew.
Death in Paradise - death in the Carribean, where the sun almost always shines.
Rosemary & Thyme
Gavin & Stacy
The Golden Girls - an oldie but goodie
Inspector Montalbano - murder in Sicily. More death in the sun with subtitles.
I liked the first couple of series of Death in Paradise but I hate it when they change the lead person.

Detectorists? Ah, a series that started while we were away. Might try and watch that.

I agree, Brian. Tom was in Manchester on business on Wednesday night so I turned on VPN and watched the whole first series of Schitt's Creek. Yes, I enjoyed it but I have to be honest I would have preferred to spend the night messing around with images on my iPad. It just feels like I am wasting precious time.

I agree, Brian. Tom was in Manchester on business on Wednesday night so I turned on VPN and watched the whole first series of Schitt's Creek. Yes, I enjoyed it but I have to be honest I would have preferred to spend the night messing around with images on my iPad. It just feels like I am wasting precious time.
Ok its the second time you've mentioned VPN Ann, I have no idea what that is apart from the VPN that enables a private network, I'm curious?

Good question. :oops:

By the time I get home from work at 7:00pm, I don’t have much time to do anything other than fix something for dinner and/or prepare lunch for the next day, watch a show or two, and hang out on MobiTog. I blink and the next thing I know it’s bedtime. I guess the shows are kind of like reading novels for me - a great escape.

watched the whole first series of Schitt's Creek. Yes, I enjoyed it but I have to be honest I would have preferred to spend the night messing around with images on my iPad.
I have to be in the mood to mess around with images (and that mood has alluded me for awhile) and since the shows I watch are ones I love, it doesn’t feel so much of a waste to me. Except on a beautiful weekend afternoon when I know I should be outside on a hike or riding my bike. I would feel worse if I was sitting around all day or night watching soap operas. :lol:

I don't know about other people but I find that the emotions stirred up by movies, TV shows, books, audiobooks, hang around for a while and affect how I'm feeling as I do other things. Sometimes I experience flashbacks from movies/TV programs I watched quite some time ago, some things I wish I had not seen, and I'm upset that this junk is still bouncing around in my head.
TV, in particular, is largely based on emotional jolts-per-minute to keep the audience attention. I resent being jerked around that way.

LOL, most of them are old programs watched after the kids had been put to bed and I was too exhausted to do more than watch tv while I folded laundry. But, even now, I don’t really watch avidly, it’s on in the background while I am drawing, crafting, whatever....I listen and glance up from time-to-time. However...Anne With an E and a few others are so well done that they require your apt attention because if you miss the nuance in facial expressions, then you’ve missed half the plot. Those I save (& savor) at times when I’m unproductive anyway...like When I’m recovering from a flu or cold, it’s the only way I can stay “down” to fully recover. My back-at-it-too-soon-and-sick-again act is legendary in these parts. But thanks to Netflix I’m now able to lay low and enjoy some excellent programming.

Oh! And as for the movies...Years ago my dog shattered my foot and when it failed to heal after several months my dr. Put me on total bed rest...my kids kept me down with rented movies...I thought I’d never watch another movie again once I could move around...but no, now I just run them in the background.

The noise doesn’t bother me, in case you’re wondering, because two years ago my doc gave me a new prescription and I was one of five people in the world that almost died from a reaction to it. It left some nasty reminders in the way of permanent lung damage (rather like COPD I gather), I now need glasses, and I hear the August cicada buzzing in my head ALL the time. I never get to hear the joy of silence anymore and boy do I miss it! So, when the noise is too loud to sleep, I watch programs via Netflix or CBS app or listen to music. Thanks to a ton of relaxing massage music I have nice stuff that I can sleep to.

And now I’ll bet you’re sorry for the comment that started this:lmao:

Not at all. Your answer was very interesting and I appreciate the thought you put into it. It helps me understand.
I know someone who experienced Steven Johnson's syndrome from a drug allergy and they too suffered permanent problems from it. I also know the loss of silence.

I don't know about other people but I find that the emotions stirred up by movies, TV shows, books, audiobooks, hang around for a while and affect how I'm feeling as I do other things. Sometimes I experience flashbacks from movies/TV programs I watched quite some time ago, some things I wish I had not seen, and I'm upset that this junk is still bouncing around in my head.
TV, in particular, is largely based on emotional jolts-per-minute to keep the audience attention. I resent being jerked around that way.

Interesting. I love the emotions I feel when I watch something really good. Except extreme violence - I won’t watch that. Weirdly I was totally okay with True Blood.

Oh man, I’m so sorry to hear this. :( Another story to stoke my rage at big pharma and western medicine. [emoji35] Have you explored any holistic options for relief... maybe acupuncture?

Hour and a half commute on public transport 5 days a week. That's 7 1/2 hours viewing there should I want it. I fall asleep to stuff playing on my phone most nights (I gave up on books when we had kids). There's another 2 to 7 hours depending on my routine. That's a possible 9 to 14 hours a week without trying. Having been off work and in recovery recently for 6 weeks I've watched around 75 episodes of animé alone.

Back
Top Bottom