Wrecking Yard

After "Uh?" I thought go and find out about it. And here is what I found ...

Defining Altruism and Egoism by C Daniel Batson, University of Kansas http://portal.idc.ac.il/en/symposium/herzliyasymposium/documents/dcbatson.p.

A really interesting paper on altruism and egoism. I have always been sceptical about altruism, having always believed that helping others is done for the "good feeling" one gets from that act, therefore it being a "selfish" act. However, ...

And now I am off to lie down in a darkened room with a wet flannel over my forehead. My brain hurts :confused:.

Yep, he's the grandfather in the field, started the research ball rolling, proposed various 'motivational states' (yes, that's about the exact time for the nice lie down with teabags on the eyes ) . Course just recently we've heard the news from neuro imagery that it looks like we are wired for altruism . . . Isn't that a relief to hear?

image.jpeg

Jilly's wreck thru brushstroke and blended (several which ways) with a mono version in Union. Overlay of circles from my stash of morguefile.com images. Edit: and another bg from this thread - forget which, but it's got a spiralish bit in the middle o_O

View attachment 76261

Jilly's wreck thru brushstroke and blended (several which ways) with a mono version in Union. Overlay of circles from my stash of morguefile.com images. Edit: and another bg from this thread - forget which, but it's got a spiralish bit in the middle o_O

Lovely Jen, and it's still possible to see the figure, or at least the face, in this. :thumbs:

Ted's Gate (love that gate!), Catherine's rusty rivets and Jen's person with umbrella. It begs the question, can you overdo the processing :rolleyes:?

View attachment 76257
I think you CAN overdo the processing (sheesh, just take a look at so much of my work when I first discovered mobile editing apps!! :lol: ) but I don't think this is, at all. It's beautiful. I'm really drawn to the aqua amongst the darker colors. :inlove:

Ted's Gate (love that gate!), Catherine's rusty rivets and Jen's person with umbrella. It begs the question, can you overdo the processing :rolleyes:?

View attachment 76257
Told you -- that gate's very handy for mixing.

The outlined crescent adds so much to this image for me; it changes the feel of it quite a bit. I'm not sure why, but it brings a kind of focus? coherence? to the image. Overall, it looks rich and detailed to me, not overdone, but -- paradox alert! -- when I try to imagine the image without the crescent, I get the feeling it *would* look busy. So it looks less busy with something added.:confused:

Told you -- that gate's very handy for mixing.

The outlined crescent adds so much to this image for me; it changes the feel of it quite a bit. I'm not sure why, but it brings a kind of focus? coherence? to the image. Overall, it looks rich and detailed to me, not overdone, but -- paradox alert! -- when I try to imagine the image without the crescent, I get the feeling it *would* look busy. So it looks less busy with something added.:confused:

I know just what you mean Ted. Sometimes adding one thing brings the rest together, like you say. Why why why is it that you always say exactly the things that I want to say, but cannot formulate? Then, when I see them written by you I think, yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say. Oh great one :notworthy:.

ha ha I like it!! I did try and find that thread for the wrecking material, but on the app it's just impossible [emoji45] feel free to copy them over as necessary.

I quite like seeing the wreck-offerings just dropped in the thread. Our resident OCD super-organiser RoseCat usually steps in to make it possible to keep track of stuff when necessary, so we won't lose your gorgeous offerings. Like deepop I'm drawn to your stone figures, but I like his rendition so much I'm happy just to look at that for now. Maybe that part dragonfly . . .

Back
Top Bottom