Backlist Favorites

I went down a rabbit hole on your memory of capital C. Did you ever use aremaC? (Camera backwards.) it allowed you to create your own presets, and you could download the presets of others. It’s not on the App Store anymore, but it still works. I never covered it in a tutorial because it’s a bit more complicated than most.
Hah, I thought of aremaC also but then found I couldn't download it. Then I went searching in the mobile apps folder on my laptop, the one that iTunes used to keep downloaded apps in. Ye gods, there were a ton of off-the-wall camera apps there, including aremaC and CameraBag, plus PhotoCopier, and I was able to install them on an older phone using drag-and-drop.

I went down a rabbit hole on your memory of capital C. Did you ever use aremaC? (Camera backwards.) it allowed you to create your own presets, and you could download the presets of others. It’s not on the App Store anymore, but it still works. I never covered it in a tutorial because it’s a bit more complicated than most.
I still use aremaC. So much potential. I’m surprised it was not more widely used on Mobitog. Brian used to use it quite a lot.

I had the app, and may have used it a little, but it's been off of my iPhone for years.

In 2014, with an iPhone 5s, I took an undistinguished photo of a dead end alley in downtown Santa Cruz. I started fooling around with it in BeCasso (I think) and created two variations:

View attachment 199900

View attachment 199901

Still not satisfied, so I layered the two together in Leonardo, and fooled around with blend modes until I hit the Difference blend:

View attachment 199902

Whoa, I like that! And this version became the base for the first of my Cat Dreams series, which is one of my all-time favorites:

b6ea3df1-676a-4560-af21-4b10a2b0a0c6-jpeg.182292
Love all of these... :inlove: And, the first watercolor BeCasso might actually be my fave....

I trawled through my old 365 Project in 2015.

These were two of my favourites:

Edited in Stackables
View attachment 199915

I took some of my best macro shots with my iPhone 6 and the Olloclip. This was taken in Hipstamatic:
View attachment 199916
Ah, Stackables. Love the bar photo and its tone. Seems to go with leather club chairs and all.

I remember John used that a lot. I could never find it. Probably discontinued before I hopped on it.

I remember John used that a lot. I could never find it. Probably discontinued before I hopped on it.
I just found it among the ”bought-but-not-on-iPhone”. Downloaded it right now - did a quick test - don’t understand a thing :facepalm::lol:

Back
Top Bottom