Brushes for iColorama

b8655efcd7751d2eed5ca83e7243309b.jpg

As close as I can get

Who is our iColorama expert?

The lady directly above you, Chris. ImageArt iColordrama Queen Ann.

We are also sometimes graced with the presence of juryjone Jerry (see links to his iColorama tutes in the tutorials thread)

Also JillyG and deepop have recently started emerging out from under their iColorama bushels (we don't like them any more).

And and and . . .

This is the closest I get to what he has done although looking again at his photos perhaps too intense and he probably used more Flow or Coherence. With a bit more playing and studying his photos I could get closer:
IMG_0807.JPG

In this second one the saturation is turned down a bit using Adjust>Saturation
IMG_0808.JPG

I had another go and this next one is perhaps closer. It has less Ambiance and Structure and more Coherence>1 as well as one of my own textures.
IMG_0812.JPG

So in Snapseed I applied full Ambiance and full Structure. For a less intense look I would tone these two down. In IC he has clearly used either one of the Style>Flow or Coherence options but at a 50% or less opacity to get that soft flowing look and he may well brush mask out some of this in the foreground. I am not sure whether he doe this before or after applying a Texture>Paper. In the example above I used Paper No. 5 beforehand. After this I applied Texture>Vintage>67 at a lower opacity. From here you can use Adjust>Exposure and Adjust>Vibrance to improve contrast, brightness, exposure and saturation.

Instead of using Structure in Snapseed you can also use the first three options of Adjust>High to get sharper details. Sometimes Adjust>Tonelab>3 is also good for adjusting contrast and colours.

I also think he is blending his photos with his own textures, quite subtle ones.

This is the original:
IMG_0809.JPG

This is the closest I get to what he has done although looking again at his photos perhaps too intense and he probably used more Flow or Coherence. With a bit more playing and studying his photos I could get closer:
View attachment 85650

View attachment 85651
I had another go and this next one is perhaps closer. It has less Ambiance and Structure and more Coherence>1 as well as one of my own textures.
View attachment 85653
So in Snapseed I applied full Ambiance and full Structure. For a less intense look I would tone these two down. In IC he has clearly used either one of the Style>Flow or Coherence options but at a 50% or less opacity to get that soft flowing look and he may well brush mask out some of this in the foreground. I am not sure whether he doe this before or after applying a Texture>Paper. In the example above I used Paper No. 5 beforehand. After this I applied Texture>Vintage>67 at a lower opacity. From here you can use Adjust>Exposure and Adjust>Vibrance to improve contrast, brightness, exposure and saturation.

Instead of using Structure in Snapseed you can also use the first three options of Adjust>High to get sharper details. Adjust>Tonelab>3 is also good for adjusting contrast and colours.

I also think he is also blending his photos with his own textures, quite subtle ones.

This is the original:
View attachment 85652

Wow

View attachment 85650

View attachment 85651
View attachment 85653

Instead of using Structure in Snapseed you can also use the first three options of Adjust>High to get sharper details. Sometimes Adjust>Tonelab>3 is also good for adjusting contrast and colours.

I also think he is blending his photos with his own textures, quite subtle ones.

This is the original:
View attachment 85652

That's amazing, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Amazing

View attachment 85650

View attachment 85651
View attachment 85653

This is the original:
View attachment 85652

e79279751382f17844c932d8869dade0.jpg

Ma'am, you are a genius

Back
Top Bottom