Cat's Every Now & Then Project

I like the color version. So pretty.

I love this beach series of photos. I can smell the salt air.

I can smell that dead fish.:lol: Sorry, I'm always taking the romance out of things. I agree though Mel, a lovely group of beach photos.

Beautiful images Catherine.:inlove:

Thanks ladies. [emoji4][emoji177]

And Jilly, never change. Your wit constantly makes me literally LOL. [emoji178][emoji23]

These are great. Is the 7 plus a decided improvement on older models? I'm still on my 6S but sick of the crummy battery life. An hour or two of taking photos on a full charge and mine dies. Got to carry battery packs everywhere. How do you find the size in hand for phone calls etc?

Beautiful! Especially like the shell at the end.
[emoji177]Is that skin a snake skin or a dried out sandworm? [emoji15]
Thanks Gouvy! [emoji4]

I don't know what it is, but am very curious. I saw several... don't know if it's part of a sea creature, or a type of sea vegetable? Anyone seen them before? FundyBrian ?

These are great. Is the 7 plus a decided improvement on older models? I'm still on my 6S but sick of the crummy battery life. An hour or two of taking photos on a full charge and mine dies. Got to carry battery packs everywhere. How do you find the size in hand for phone calls etc?
Thanks Jason.
I think the 7 Plus is a big step up from my 5S (the zoom and portrait mode are fantastic) but not sure it would make that big a difference coming from the 6S. My battery lasts a long time though, which is great. I'm totally used to the size now... the screen doesn't even seem "big" any more. I miss being able to stick it in my front jeans pocket without fear it'll pop out, or the breast pocket of my denim jacket, but it's a small price to pay.

Phone calls?? What are those?

Thanks Jason.
I think the 7 Plus is a big step up from my 5S (the zoom and portrait mode are fantastic) but not sure it would make that big a difference coming from the 6S. My battery lasts a long time though, which is great. I'm totally used to the size now... the screen doesn't even seem "big" any more. I miss being able to stick it in my front jeans pocket without fear it'll pop out, or the breast pocket of my denim jacket, but it's a small price to pay.

Phone calls?? What are those?
Yes, Jasongag, completely agree with Catherine. I had the 6 and for me portrait mode, quality of pic, Live Photos, zoom, bigger screen and a better battery make this a big step in my eyes. Can't believe that the battery lasts a full day of photography i.e. about 10am til 4pm. I don't think I could go back to the small phone now unless I gave up photography!

Our iColorama Queens Ann and Jilly have inspired me to play around with the app. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable, but I know there's so much more to learn.

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

iColorama, Pixlr, Snapseed, Image Blender

Beautiful. So many layers to look at. :inlove:

Thanks Jilly... [emoji175]
I wish I could really make layers, LOL. It's just using lots of different brushes. I choose a starting image that has colors I like (the first one is the abstract plastic bag+bars of color, the second is my Time Stamp photo of the dishes I washed [emoji23]) and then brush brush brush like a madwoman. I figure the layering learning will wait until June... [emoji849]

Thanks Jilly... [emoji175]
I wish I could really make layers, LOL. It's just using lots of different brushes. I choose a starting image that has colors I like (the first one is the abstract plastic bag+bars of color, the second is my Time Stamp photo of the dishes I washed [emoji23]) and then brush brush brush like a madwoman. I figure the layering learning will wait until June... [emoji849]
:D

It's been a little frustrating/scary/sad that I've been forgetting the names of flowers that I grew. It's only been two years since I moved away from my garden, but I'll look at photos now and draw a blank. [emoji15]

So I put together a bunch of Diptic squares of flower images from my garden and I'm going to label each photo. I guess I could then put it all together in one giant grid... might make it hard to read? not sure... they can all be in one folder at the least.

This is just a screen shot from my camera roll...still need to label them all and if I hit a wall I'll be calling on my MobiPeeps for help. [emoji56]

--------
Wow....I'm only missing a few! Many names came back to me, which made me happy. Some of my FB posts had names, and Google helped a lot! (And I just found a notebook where I kept some gardening notes! [emoji1][emoji272])

1. Snapdragons
2. Pansies
3. Petunias
4. Salvia
5. Sunflower
6. Morning Glory
7. Hibiscus
8. Clematis
9. Roman Chamomile
10. Primrose
11. Marigold
12. Portulaca
13. Sedum (Stonecrop)
14. Bleeding Heart
15. Black-Eyed Susan
16. Bee Balm (Monarda)
17. Impatiens
18. Phlox
19. Zinnia
20. Peony
21. Hydrangea
22. Virginia Creeper berries
23. Clematis
24. Miss Missy + Sage & Impatiens
25. Columbine
26. Malva (mallow)
27. Sedum reflexum
28. Stargazer Lily
29. Blueberry bush in the fall
30. Azalea
31. Blueberries
32. Hibiscus
33. Chive blossom seed pods
34. Shasta Daisy
35. Lilac
36. Hydrangea buds
37. Peony bud
38. Hydrangea
39. Coneflower
40. Arugula flower
41. Sempervivum Succulent (House Leek)
42. Alyssum
43. Rose
44. Blueberry flower buds
45. Chives & Chive blossoms
46. Rose
47. Astilbe
48. Columbine
49. Zinnia
50. Grass
51. Rose
52. Miniature Rose
53. Catnip
54. Lily buds
55. Robin's egg
56. Lady Beetles
57. Lavender
58. Delphinium
59. Hydrangea
60. Virginia Creeper
61. Miss Missy with catnip
62. Lily of the Valley
63. Dragonfly
64. Monarch Butterfly caterpillar
65. Foxglove
66. Alyssum
67. Hellebore
68. Miss Missy [emoji179]
69. Sedum spurium
70. Virginia Creeper
71. Rosehips
72. Clematis seed pod
73. Cosmos
74. Rosemary
75. Honeysuckle
76. Coreopsis
77. Japanese Maple
78. Cosmos
79. Morning Glory leaves
80. Citronella Geranium

IMG_4663.JPG

EDIT: I decided to number the squares using Phonto, then I'll keep a list in my Notes app, and once I have all the names maybe I'll label each square.

Last edited:
How big are number 42? They almost look like Alyssums to me.

I'm pretty sure they are a macro (Olloclip).... hmmmmm....I wonder if they ARE alyssum? Although each year I'd get a couple new plants (usually annuals) that I'd never had before, so they could be a random purple flower I'll never remember the name of. They might not be able to get labeled until I (or someone else) can get up close to an alyssum. Or maybe I'll Google alyssum macros. [emoji1360]

EDIT: Mystery solved!!!! You rock Ann... alyssum it is. [emoji1373]

It's been a little frustrating/scary/sad that I've been forgetting the names of flowers that I grew. It's only been two years since I moved away from my garden, but I'll look at photos now and draw a blank. [emoji15]

So I put together a bunch of Diptic squares of flower images from my garden and I'm going to label each photo. I guess I could then put it all together in one giant grid... might make it hard to read? not sure... they can all be in one folder at the least.

This is just a screen shot from my camera roll...still need to label them all and if I hit a wall I'll be calling on my MobiPeeps for help. [emoji56]

--------
Wow....I'm only missing a few! Many names came back to me, which made me happy. Some of my FB posts had names, and Google helped a lot! (And I just found a notebook where I kept some gardening notes! [emoji1][emoji272])

1. Snapdragons
2. Pansies
3. Petunias
4. Salvia
5. Sunflower
6. Morning Glory
7. Hibiscus
8. Clematis
9. X
10. Primrose
11. Marigold
12. Portulaca
13. Sedum (Stonecrop)
14. Bleeding Heart
15. Black-Eyed Susan
16. Bee Balm (Monarda)
17. Impatiens
18. Phlox
19. Zinnia
20. Peony
21. Hydrangea
22. Virginia Creeper berries
23. Clematis
24. Miss Missy + Sage & Impatiens
25. Columbine
26. Malva (mallow)
27. Sedum reflexum
28. Stargazer Lily
29. Blueberry bush in the fall
30. Azalea
31. Blueberries
32. Hibiscus
33. Chive blossom seed pods
34. Shasta Daisy
35. Lilac
36. Hydrangea buds
37. Peony bud
38. Hydrangea
39. Coneflower
40. Arugula flower
41. Succulent
42. Alyssum
43. Rose
44. Blueberry flower buds
45. Chives & Chive blossoms
46. Rose
47. Astilbe
48. Columbine
49. Zinnia
50. Grass
51. Rose
52. Miniature Rose
53. Catnip
54. Lily buds
55. Robin's egg
56. Lady Beetles
57. Lavender
58. Delphinium
59. Hydrangea
60. Virginia Creeper
61. Miss Missy with catnip
62. Lily of the Valley
63. Dragonfly
64. Monarch Butterfly caterpillar
65. Foxglove
66. Alyssum
67. Hellebore
68. Miss Missy [emoji179]
69. Sedum spurium
70. Virginia Creeper
71. Rosehips
72. Clematis seed pod
73. Cosmos
74. Rosemary
75. Honeysuckle
76. Coreopsis
77. Japanese Maple
78. Cosmos
79. Morning Glory leaves
80. Citronella Geranium

View attachment 90696
EDIT: I decided to number the squares using Phonto, then I'll keep a list in my Notes app, and once I have all the names maybe I'll label each square.
You have 41 down as "succulent". Do you need the correct name? If so, it's Sempervivum or House Leek.

Back
Top Bottom