ImageArt’s Project 365 - 2022

Home all day finishing off the patio and doing other stuff. Lovely day and wonderful to keep the patio doors open. Can’t wait to get the flowers in now. Walked up the road later to the little corner shop to get some milk. Do love this - didn’t have a corner shop close to our old house.

5281A899-7AA6-4C8B-B279-646870299DCC.jpeg

OverCam, Procreate, AremaC, iColorama

All the lovely daisies at the side of the road
2E866C07-8947-4C39-8479-C5C1CDCBD15D.jpeg

Mon 23 May

Walked to the grocery store to get some food and passed these flowers on the pavement. They were a bit haphazard on the pavement and wondered whether they had been put their due to an accident or some lover went off in a hissy fit.

99E447C4-6F90-4823-9116-A989863C089C.jpeg

Thurs 20 May

Been covering our patio with Ikea tiles. Nearly finished. Just a little bit left at the end and will have to cut the last row down. Would have just about finished but moving the last of the furniture without someone to help is a bit of a mission so will get some cardboard down tomorrow and have a go on my own. Tom has no idea that I have done it all so want it as a surprise when he gets back on Monday. Keen now that summer finally feels like it’s here.

Would have got all the pots planted with flowers too but no way of getting around without a car. Must be tough if you don’t have a car.

View attachment 180708
Looks beautiful!

Tues 26 May

We played in a mixed knockout golf match yesterday and the sun came out and it looked absolutely glorious so had to take this picture. The DH hit my drive from where he is onto the green on the left hand side - a fabulous shot. Our poor opponents - we were both on form and as Tom said afterwards, we ’gave them a good hiding’. :p

F34A2936-8916-4F69-A700-18CDE655F031.jpeg

Wed 25 May

31B3847E-34E7-4703-99D7-3E62F4931506.jpeg

I brought this old hanging basket with me from the house because some of the plants were still alive so I kept it watered and some of the other plants have revived. This is the first time I’ve had a basket which has lasted more than a year.

Sun 15 May

Car-less and with a slight leg muscle injury I hadn’t intended to go out especially with rain most of the day but Alpaca has peaked my interest in OverCam again and when my phone flashed up from Hipstamatic Snappy Hour at the same time the sun came out I couldn’t resist going for a walk down the road to do some experimental photography.

View attachment 180550

View attachment 180551
OverCam, Snapseed, iColorama, Procreate, Stackables
Gorgeous

Thu 26 May

Still without a car but I am putting together a terrarium for a 60th birthday party on Saturday so ended up having to raid my own terrarium to fill it with plants. Oh well, I wanted to make mine exotic anyway. I’ve made it into a lampshade although this is optional. Got a lamp fixture which fits into a wine bottle from Amazon but made a special stopper out of Fimo to fit it into the bottle.

8C48F5C4-77F0-4BE3-AC44-0AAE4C92C43A.jpeg

Fri 27 May

Yay, have my car back. The DH’s car arrived late last night.

We have loads of garden centres around here but there is one I haven’t checked out yet. An independent garden centre, less glitzy than the others but the plants are good quality and cheaper and there’s a little cafe where the seating outside is lovely.

05FED7AF-E103-4108-8CA4-8F20A52A0DEE.jpeg

Thu 26 May

Still without a car but I am putting together a terrarium for a 60th birthday party on Saturday so ended up having to raid my own terrarium to fill it with plants. Oh well, I wanted to make mine exotic anyway. I’ve made it into a lampshade although this is optional. Got a lamp fixture which fits into a wine bottle from Amazon but made a special stopper out of Fimo to fit it into the bottle.

View attachment 181006
This may be known to everyone but me, but…how do you get all that stuff inside the bottle?

This may be known to everyone but me, but…how do you get all that stuff inside the bottle?
Thank you - now I don’t have to ask :whistle:
Well, if I told you I’d have to get rid of you. :lol:

The bottle opening is a little bigger than it perhaps looks above - about one and a half inches in diameter. However, that’s still quite small. Getting the soil in is of course easy. This bottle was sold as a terrarium bottle and came with both a telescopic little rake and spade. So you can move the soil around as you wish. Positioning the plants is a little more tricky and you really need a long pair of tweezers which didn’t come with the set but you can buy them specially for terrariums. It therefore took a lot of patience with my existing tools but it’s very therapeutic and the end result very satisfying. The plants squeeze through surprisingly easily. You want fairly miniature plants anyway so that they don’t grow too big. You need a spray to water the plants so that you don’t disrupt the position of everything in the terrarium.

I did a course online at CreateAcademy.com by James Wong which includes a lot about indoor plants and kokedama, another type of arrangement I want to do.

Sat 28 May

Off to Olney for the 60th Birthday Party. Unfortunately we were unable to go up early due to commitments and then we had to rush back early the next day. Unfortunate because Olney is a very pretty quintessential little English town with nice shops and eateries. A photographer‘s dream.

So the best I have is the stunning birthday cake.
5C7DC377-BEA3-4BA4-8B01-A33B8016CCDC.jpeg

Some joker turned the six around to the hilarity of the guests:
0DA71EDE-9C22-4C12-BBBB-B85717AC7347.jpeg

Sat 28 May

Off to Olney for the 60th Birthday Party. Unfortunately we were unable to go up early due to commitments and then we had to rush back early the next day. Unfortunate because Olney is a very pretty quintessential little English town with nice shops and eateries. A photographer‘s dream.

View attachment 181092

View attachment 181093
Wow! That is some cake!!!

Sat 28 May

View attachment 181092

View attachment 181093
OMG, that cake!!!!! I hope it was gluten free!! Olney is a lovely town (not far from us), but the road through the middle of it is a nightmare. It ruins the town for me.

OMG, that cake!!!!! I hope it was gluten free!! Olney is a lovely town (not far from us), but the road through the middle of it is a nightmare. It ruins the town for me.
I haven’t been there enough to really notice. We stayed at the Bull Hotel. Quite nice rooms but I hardly slept a wink. If anybody flushed the loo during the night is was so noisy and anybody walking past the room made the floorboards creek so much it sounded like somebody was actually in the room! :eek:

The dinner was at the Cherry Tree. Food excellent!

Sat 28 May

View attachment 181092

View attachment 181093
Looks like a showstopper from the Great British Baking Show.

Tue 31 May

Went up to Gerrards Cross for a meeting. I got there early so decided to go into the town for a coffee. Geez, it’s been alternating between sun and throwing it down all day. When I arrived it started throwing it down and hailing so pulled over for a while. Here is what it looked like. The white dots are little hail stones.

2D883C78-D770-404D-9820-4A2BECEC8937.jpeg

Thanks Ric. Used one of the presets in Snapseed.
Ha, thats What I was thinking You did. Just love how easy it is to adjust in snapseed. The history option is brilliant to edit previous effects. If it did layers it would be unbeatable imo.
ive used similar on a horse image I’m working on for the next mono challenge.

Back
Top Bottom