ImageArt’s Project 365 - 2022

The only time I've ever been to Reading was for the old Reading Festival in the late 70's. Who'd have thought it was also and interesting place to visit in its own right!
You wouldn’t know if you just came off the train and didn’t bother to walk around. I came across the old part of the town quite by accident.

Sun 15 May

Car-less and with a slight leg muscle injury I hadn’t intended to go out especially with rain most of the day but Alpaca has peaked my interest in OverCam again and when my phone flashed up from Hipstamatic Snappy Hour at the same time the sun came out I couldn’t resist going for a walk down the road to do some experimental photography.

View attachment 180550

View attachment 180551
OverCam, Snapseed, iColorama, Procreate, Stackables
Stunning. I love the mystical fairytaleish mood in these :inlove::thumbs:

Fantastic work Ann. How does Overcam differ from Bluristic?
Thanks.

Hmm, how can I explain. Overcam doesn’t make an effort to smooth the stacked frames whereas Bluristic generally does. You see the scene on your phone which changes as you move and shows the stacked frames live. When you see a ’view’ that you like you tap the screen and it saves the view. Like Bluristic, it is a bit hit and miss.

Here are the three images taken on the video

First: Slow back and forth with phone, Capture Speed 5, Stack 5
055B299E-BD86-41A8-8BEA-502D75B782BE.jpeg

Second: Quick up and down movements, Capture 5, Stack 5
31AB5674-B76C-4F1A-A6FF-59ED2B632660.jpeg

Third: Medium Movement, Capture Speed 9, Stack 10
1101631C-A380-4D94-8730-59C50133DFE4.jpeg

If you change the stack to 1, you get one sharp image so in my images in my previous post, I move the phone, take the image and then pause. I set the stack to 1 and take a sharp image of the view. I then put the sharp image underneath in a layering app and mask the top multiple exposure to expose some of the sharp image. I do quite a lot of smoothing, either by reducing structure in Snapseed or by using Coherence or Simplify in iColorama while keeping some parts sharp.

Sun 15 May

Car-less and with a slight leg muscle injury I hadn’t intended to go out especially with rain most of the day but Alpaca has peaked my interest in OverCam again and when my phone flashed up from Hipstamatic Snappy Hour at the same time the sun came out I couldn’t resist going for a walk down the road to do some experimental photography.

View attachment 180550

View attachment 180551
Wow, the second one is a perfect fantasy forest!

Thanks.

Hmm, how can I explain. Overcam doesn’t make an effort to smooth the stacked frames whereas Bluristic generally does. You see the scene on your phone which changes as you move and shows the stacked frames live. When you see a ’view’ that you like you tap the screen and it saves the view. Like Bluristic, it is a bit hit and miss.

View attachment 180553
View attachment 180554
View attachment 180555

If you change the stack to 1, you get one sharp image so in my images in my previous post, I move the phone, take the image and then pause. I set the stack to 1 and take a sharp image of the view. I then put the sharp image underneath in a layering app and mask the top multiple exposure to expose some of the sharp image. I do quite a lot of smoothing, either by reducing structure in Snapseed or by using Coherence or Simplify in iColorama while keeping some parts sharp.
You get some fantastic result. Thanks for the mini-tute.

Thanks.

View attachment 180553
View attachment 180554
View attachment 180555

Is it this app: https://apps.apple.com/se/app/overcam/id587852826

Sometimes there are several apps with the same name. That’s why I ask :)

Sun 15 May

View attachment 180550

View attachment 180551
Both are great images. I love the first.

Thurs 20 May

Been covering our patio with Ikea tiles. Nearly finished. Just a little bit left at the end and will have to cut the last row down. Would have just about finished but moving the last of the furniture without someone to help is a bit of a mission so will get some cardboard down tomorrow and have a go on my own. Tom has no idea that I have done it all so want it as a surprise when he gets back on Monday. Keen now that summer finally feels like it’s here.

Would have got all the pots planted with flowers too but no way of getting around without a car. Must be tough if you don’t have a car.

F4AA123D-E536-4F2C-83CF-54FB3672BCBD.jpeg

Thurs 20 May

Been covering our patio with Ikea tiles. Nearly finished. Just a little bit left at the end and will have to cut the last row down. Would have just about finished but moving the last of the furniture without someone to help is a bit of a mission so will get some cardboard down tomorrow and have a go on my own. Tom has no idea that I have done it all so want it as a surprise when he gets back on Monday. Keen now that summer finally feels like it’s here.

Would have got all the pots planted with flowers too but no way of getting around without a car. Must be tough if you don’t have a car.

View attachment 180708
IKEA tiles are easier to assemble than its furniture, I hope.

IKEA tiles are easier to assemble than its furniture, I hope.
Very easy. Just clicks into each other. We will have to be fairly careful moving the outside furniture because one chair did scratch the tiles badly when pulled. Luckily it was on the edge so I could easily replace the tiles. Will be interesting to see if the heat causes the ‘plastic’ to become brittle over time but it is a lot cheaper than putting down proper tiles which we can’t do anyway because of special drainage underneath the existing tiles which have gaps. Or not without permission and hassle anyway. Might find we have to do it in a couple of years but a quick fix in the meantime.

Thurs 20 May

View attachment 180708
Very nice. It seems very private.

Sat 21 May

This one’s for sinnerjohn

1B914A41-D992-43E2-A599-235D7387D291.jpeg

It started off as one of those days.

Rushed to the station to discover I had left my senior railcard at home. So hobbled back home and bought a ticket online to discover that, after changing the destination, it removed my senior card setting and charged me the full amount anyway. :rolleyes: When I finally got on the train, it filled up to overflowing and I had no mask with me. :eek: This train goes past Twickenham rugby stadium so the folks must have been going to a match because they all piled off then.

Ah, got to Richmond and found a quality independent coffee shop, had an excellent brew and a first class piece of pear and chocolate GF cake. Back to Bliss. Good shopping too so ended up great. :)

Back
Top Bottom