Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

1st March - Bridge 36
Bridge 36 on the Grantham Canal between Long Clawson and Hickling. Looking fresh after a new paint job.
2DD14E7F-5F9A-428D-B8BC-632D2529F2FD.jpeg

2nd March - Bridge 12 - Clark’s Bridge
Another bridge, this one, Bridge 12 is near the village of Hickling. It has a Grade II listing as a historical site. There has been some restoration on it in the last few years and this has included adding a scree on the underneath with holes added as roosts for Daubenton’s bats that have been seen along the canal.
25D5EDCC-16AC-402D-9942-865FD8E017EE.jpeg

Last edited:
8th March - Dredgers
2 of the valuable piece of equipment the local canal society own - these two barges keep the waterway open by regularly dredging the silt from the bottom of the canal so it remains navigable.
3278909B-65CF-4F85-9B14-1136067532FF.jpeg

10th March - Mini Library
Many of the old red telephone boxes have become quite a feature in a lot of villages around here. Ours has become the home for the defibrillator but in Wharton nearby it has become a thriving minI-library where the villagers put in books that others can borrow and return.
EAF8F2C2-66F7-49AB-9A55-DF2E8E78C485.jpeg

Many of the old red telephone boxes have become quite a feature in a lot of villages around here. Ours has become the home for the defibrillator but in Wharton nearby it has become a thriving minI-library where the villagers put in books that others can borrow and return.
View attachment 177865
What a great initiative :):thumbs:

View attachment 177865
What a great idea, street library’s are big in Sydney too

11th March - Sunbeam Street
Today I attended a Royal Photographic Society meeting on Documentary photography. Some of the morning was taken over by taking images around the village where I spotted this sign. On a pretty dull gloomy day, brought a smile to my face at least!
D00735CB-4998-41A0-90A3-085291C7506C.jpeg

13th March - Standing Stone\
We’ve been visiting Derbyshire for the last few days and whilst out walking near Ilam came across this standing stone in the grounds of ILam park. According to the plaque by its’ side this is a ‘cross shaft’ taken from the foundation of a cottage when the village was rebuilt in the nineteenth century. It is thought the stone was originally called a ‘Rattle Stone’ which dates from the struggles between the Saxons and Danes.
E442CEFB-112F-4638-9D10-391D7B848664.jpeg

14th March - Derbyshire Landscape
During today‘s walk the scenery was spectacular and this typified it for me. Although, when I was looking at the image whilst just adding a little enhancements, I realised that it looks like 2 pictures as the sky is almost separate from the landscape. It isn’t 2 pictures, although it looks like it!
B47FDBCF-9F39-461A-91F8-8EC0EEE227F5.jpeg

14th March - Derbyshire Landscape
During today‘s walk the scenery was spectacular and this typified it for me. Although, when I was looking at the image whilst just adding a little enhancements, I realised that it looks like 2 pictures as the sky is almost separate from the landscape. It isn’t 2 pictures, although it looks like it!
View attachment 178062
Spectacular indeed!

Back
Top Bottom