Jan Gray’s Project 365-2022

It’s not often you see a pure white cat.
We had one many years ago. We named her Isis. Ice is is in Swedish and she was white like ice and of course it was perfect to name her after an Egyptian goddess. She got 4 pups and one of them moved to DHs aunt in a farm in Southern Sweden and now there’s a little clan of white cats there :)

17th March - Pool Reflection
Just taken for the shapes and reflections around the pool.

8F6B4755-5288-4EFA-AC7B-13283911B34F.jpeg

21st March - Texture

Couldn‘t decide whether this image works better in colour or black and white. Would like some opinions please.
View attachment 178424View attachment 178425
I guess the b/w for me, too, but only by the slimmest margin. If the center wood in the color version were a bit brighter (or maybe contrasty is the word I want), as in the b/w, I'd probably switch sides.

EDIT: Thinking it over a little more... For me, the b/w has a more immediate impact, but the color version has more staying power -- I can look at it for longer.

Last edited:
25th March - Enjoying the Sun
Took the dogs for a walk with a friend and her dog today along the canal from Hickling to Kinoulton and back - around 5 miles. Just outside Kinoulton village is a small holding with this field that adjoins the canal that has Alpacas, a bull and several donkeys. Some were obviously enjoying the sunshine and looking very relaxed...
3D7CCDF6-DF33-40BD-8356-2F0F269533B1.jpeg

26th March - Too Early
I dont know if its just my garden, but so some reason the Tulips seems to be preceding the Daffodils for flowering. This variety was a new one I planted last Autumn called Lemon Sherbert which I think suits it very well.
0E64A0B9-9B2F-4B6E-B64E-123DAF37FEBC.jpeg

27th March - Blue Hyacinths
I love the perfume of Hyacinths - I know this is a bit of a marmite thing as some people find them too overpowering. These were indoor plants from last year I potted up in under a Hibiscus tree near our annexe and the perfume seems to blast out every time you open the door. Amen using the portrait stage light facility
6260EA14-E0F2-4A10-89F7-E422593A1208.jpeg

28th March - Hellebores
I think Hellebores are becoming one of my favourite flowers as they appear when everything is still very dull in the garden and continue to flower until the end of spring and the summer plants take over. These varieties seem to be very popular with the early rising bees that have appeared over the last few days.
69A1729D-1346-49B8-8B77-C5165B081B13.jpeg

28th March - Hellebores
I think Hellebores are becoming one of my favourite flowers as they appear when everything is still very dull in the garden and continue to flower until the end of spring and the summer plants take over. These varieties seem to be very popular with the early rising bees that have appeared over the last few days.
View attachment 178588
We’ve got both of these varieties, and you’re right Jan, they are very good value flowering-wise.

28th March - Hellebores
View attachment 178588
I’m starting to learn the plants I want for my pots on our patio and have saved your image to put in my file. I think these will look lovely at this time of the year.

29th March - Scurvy Grass
Not a particular nice name for such a pretty flower, but that is what it’s called. I saw this on a walk covering a whole bank but in tiny clumps. It just stood out on a grey dull day.

D3CF604F-E073-470E-B207-FA0AB49A947B.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C73B4C3-7C62-4D25-9BFE-A3D0FD0F5682.jpeg
    2C73B4C3-7C62-4D25-9BFE-A3D0FD0F5682.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 18
30th March - Stone Towers
This seems quite a popular thing to do - we spotted these on the beach at Bridlington, chalk pebbles placed in little towers by the cliff edge. It’s a marvel they remain standing even with the winds blasting them.
4BF74B66-A036-45B5-8EA3-1F25023E7933.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom