Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

6th May - First Born
The first of the ducklings on the canal we saw today. This little one appeared unaware of the dangers of swimming away from the group, until the mother soon brought him to task.

IMG_7577.jpeg

10th May - The One that Got Away
Thought I'd take a picture of the Dandelion seed heads in the garden - just as I was about to take the image, one of the seeds made an escape. As I had camera on live mode, hoped I'd managed to capture it and fortunately, I did! Converted in Black and White in Lightroom.

IMG_7658.jpeg

11th May - Comma Butterfly
I know a lot of people don't like dandelions, but they are a great source of nectar at this time of year and this Comma Butterfly was taking advantage of it as well as soaking up the sun on its' wings.

IMG_7566.jpg

Thought I'd take a picture of the Dandelion seed heads in the garden - just as I was about to take the image, one of the seeds made an escape. As I had camera on live mode, hoped I'd managed to capture it and fortunately, I did! Converted in Black and White in Lightroom.

View attachment 192461
Congratulations - great capture :thumbs::) Our dandelions just started to bloom.

View attachment 192461

11th May - Comma Butterfly
I know a lot of people don't like dandelions, but they are a great source of nectar at this time of year and this Comma Butterfly was taking advantage of it as well as soaking up the sun on its' wings.

View attachment 192462
You should consider putting some of your lovely photos in the Color and BnW challenges.

15th May - Peacock Butterfly
Another woodland favourite, the Peacock Butterfly caught today warming its' wings on brambles. The name as you probably know comes from the eye markings on the wings.
View attachment 192573

What a spectacular creature! We don't get those here (at least, I've never seen one).

We have them here too. In fact we saw the first one for the season on today’s morning walk :) But I didn't get any photo. Glad to admire your capture jangray

16th May - Spring at last - I hope!
One thing I do notice about this month is the way all the new greenery is stunning in the sunlight and against the blue skies. I took this image as I couldn't count the number of different shades of green there were just in this small area.

649A5F3A-5459-439E-9616-3BB7539A78C6_1_102_o.jpg

One thing I do notice about this month is the way all the new greenery is stunning in the sunlight and against the blue skies. I took this image as I couldn't count the number of different shades of green there were just in this small area.

View attachment 192595
Just lovely :thumbs: The best time of the year, before all the green get the same nuance. We use to say "we must enjoy this before all the green turns into spinach shade"

17th May - Azalea
Mum passed away 6 years ago last month, and this was one of her favourite plants that I have been keeping alive. This year it has been absolutely glorious - shining out amongst all the green plants around it.
IMG_1202.JPG

19th May - Cow Parsley
Took a walk in the woods we often go to with the dogs today and I think this time of year is the best. The Cow Parsley is magnificent - well over 6 feet high and all the way through the woods - definitely a sea of white.

A0A0AEE1-D940-4D10-BF91-9A0466A86045_1_102_o.jpg

20th May - Leading Lines
Interesting effect on this wheat field - I don't know what has happened but along the edges the wheat has gone an orange colour highlighting the pathway. Whether it's a problem or not, it gives a good leading lines effect through the image.
BEFDB760-4409-44F4-AB42-84CC51679C4C_1_102_o.jpg

View attachment 192595
This is wall worthy.

Back
Top Bottom