Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

8th October - High Key Practice
Wasn't very well today, so for the image decided to play around with the High Key facility in SnapSeed on a fairly bland photo of some reeds in the pond.
IMG_9552.jpeg

7th October - Medlar Fruit with Guests
At the bottom of the garden is an old Medlar tree. A really weird fruit but lovely tree. I did use to harvest them and make some Medlar jelly from them, but as both of us are not that fussed about it have left them. Whilst doing some gardening today nearby, spotted these ladybirds nestling in the fruit, so thought I'd leave them for the ladybirds to hibernate in.

View attachment 196834
This is fantastic. The perfect place for hibernation. What a great find - congratulations :thumbs: And the photo is perfectly focused too. This must be a nomination for IOTM

12th October - Robin Cheering Me Up.
Today, spent a couple of hours doing some tidying up in the garden being serenaded by a little Robin, that kept coming down on the ground to check for worms whilst I was digging. I love the Robin song. Definitely cheered me up after the last few days suffering from pain following wisdom tooth extraction.

untitled-9.jpeg

12th October - Robin Cheering Me Up.
Today, spent a couple of hours doing some tidying up in the garden being serenaded by a little Robin, that kept coming down on the ground to check for worms whilst I was digging. I love the Robin song. Definitely cheered me up after the last few days suffering from pain following wisdom tooth extraction.

View attachment 196930
Beautiful robin :inlove::thumbs:
Wisdom tooth extraction pain is a horror. I extracted one more than 30 years ago. I still remember the pain :(

13th October - Wild Carrot Seedhead
Now the wildflower patch is now depleted of flowers, the seedbeds are really putting on a show. These wild carrot are just about to drop their seeds around to give me some pretty umbellifer flowers next spring and these seeds again in the autumn.

untitled-2.jpg

18th October - Shaggy Ink cap Fungi
Did a walk around the farmland nearby today as it was wet and came across this group of ink caps hidden under the hedgerow. Converted to black ad white.

untitled-7.jpg

22nd October - Autumn Day
After the awful wind and rain for the last couple of days, it was great to see some sun and a little warmth in the air. We walked along the canal between Long Clawson and Hickling as it’s one of the few dry areas of towpath at the moment. It was great to see some of the autumn colours on the trees appearing at last.

IMG_4234.jpeg

25th October - Lazy Dog
Despite the weather, we decided to go away for a couple of days to the east coast, staying at Sutton on Sea. Rained all the time when we arrived until early hours of this morning, but by mid morning the weather changed and the sun came out so went for a lovely walk along the beach as far as the next town, Mablethorpe. Quite a long walk but all flat.However, on the way back Izzy started to refuse to walk. Kept stopping and, despite being dragged, wouldn’t budge. So we resorted to Dave putting her in his rucksack and carrying her most of the way home - Little Madam!
IMG_4292.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom