Mobi365 Jilly’s Project 365 - 2022

222/365

6032489C-3CB6-4211-B34E-61E137E8F82C.jpeg

Ruby made some birthday cards. On the big one she sewed some patterns (my sewing machine does patterns).
Diptic

Here too. We call then ”slånbär”. So many words we have in common!
Many Scandinavians invaded the British Isles over the centuries and brought their words with them :lmao: Some words arrived more than once, at different times, and picked up slightly different meanings, like skirt and shirt (or so I was told in grad school).

Many Scandinavians invaded the British Isles over the centuries and brought their words with them :lmao: Some words arrived more than once, at different times, and picked up slightly different meanings, like skirt and shirt (or so I was told in grad school).
So true, sorry about being related to those rude invaders :cool:

I am unfamiliar with chutney. Is it like jam? What is it served with?
Hmmmm, the consistency is a bit like jam, but it’s made with vinegar and vegetables, or tomatoes. It’s quite sloppy and is served with cheese and cold meats.

I am unfamiliar with chutney. Is it like jam? What is it served with?

Hmmmm, the consistency is a bit like jam, but it’s made with vinegar and vegetables, or tomatoes. It’s quite sloppy and is served with cheese and cold meats.

Also made with fruit like plums and mangos and served as a relish with Indian food. Here's my recipe for plum chutney.
In a way it’s like ketchup, but far more sophisticated :)The plum chutney could be something for my DH. We have tons of plums right now.

Back
Top Bottom