Larry the App Guy: My App Reviews

CapPic Add Text to Photo - Put Captions on your Photos and Write Messages by Stojan Pesic
https://appsto.re/ca/nT3d6.i

Banner ads
Video ads every few minutes which are the worst.
Or just put it into airplane mode or run an ad blocker and not deal with them :)
1:1 ratio only but you can zoom or move the image.
Lots of options for text
No shapes stickers etc only text.
Saves at 1400x1400, would have liked a lot larger.
Images taken with the app save at the same size.
Only one in-app, $0.99US to get rid of ads
While it is universal it only works in portrait orientation.

image.jpg

CapPic Add Text to Photo - Put Captions on your Photos and Write Messages by Stojan Pesic
https://appsto.re/ca/nT3d6.i

Banner ads
Video ads every few minutes which are the worst.
Or just put it into airplane mode or run an ad blocker and not deal with them :)
1:1 ratio only but you can zoom or move the image.
Lots of options for text
No shapes stickers etc only text.
Saves at 1400x1400, would have liked a lot larger.
Images taken with the app save at the same size.
Only one in-app, $0.99US to get rid of ads
While it is universal it only works in portrait orientation.

View attachment 63739
:eek: !!! Hurry up Spring!!

:eek: !!! Hurry up Spring!!
Yes I wish it would just hurry up :) Forecast is cool over the next week then warming up some. Wouldn't mind in the least if I didn't see more snow until next winter.

Lzed just posted his review of Camly Pro (free inc all inapps at the moment!!!) at AZ so I just post the picture, because I did it to wish you all Happy Easter, dear MobiToggers! :)

Landscape example

image.jpg

And prepared for square (takes the long side pixels to make it square.)

image.jpg

Super cool app for free! :thumbs:

Last edited:
GroovyGouvy thanks for posting

Camly Pro – Photo Editor & Collage Maker by Aleksandr Kobozev
https://appsto.re/ca/kyKL5.i

Really good app for its current free price (app is normally $2.99US
There are two in-app packs including an all in one. Currently everything is free.
All filters are adjustable for intensity.
Lightleaks and grunge etc are adjustable for intensity, rotation, flipping.
Universal app and works in both landscape and portrait.
No ads
You can make images squarified if you want, see GroovyGouvy's sample above.
Collage has 36 layouts, only 1:1 ratio with up to 9 images. Border can be coloured, thinned and corners rounded.
Text has a lot of fonts and is one of the very few apps that lets you set kerning (spacing between letters).
Lots of sticker are included and are adjustable. They can be rotated or resized and flipped both horizontally or vertically.
Saves at input=output up to 4000x4000 for edited images.
Collages save at 2432x2432.
Long press on an image with show original so makes it easy to see changes.
Overall I like it and will keep it and play with it more

image.jpg

image.jpg

There are two in-app packs including an all in one. Currently everything is free.

Thank you for pointing that out. I only downloaded the app yesterday and installed it on my iPad. After reading this, I quickly woke up the "Pad" again and downloaded everything in-app :thumbs:

View attachment 63853

Here's one for you, Gouvy :D :inlove: :) But you have to guess which apps :)
WOW! Why are your riddles always so hard?! o_O but okay, I'll try. First guesses: Alphabet Art, Atypic, a Shape app (there are too many actually to be sure which one), Stackables, Brushstroke or Glaze? It could be so many combinations … oh, I know!!!! It's only one app: Jen's Magic!!!

WOW! Why are your riddles always so hard?! o_O but okay, I'll try. First guesses: Alphabet Art, Atypic, a Shape app (there are too many actually to be sure which one), Stackables, Brushstroke or Glaze? It could be so many combinations … oh, I know!!!! It's only one app: Jen's Magic!!!
Have to agree, the magic of zenjenny :D wish there was an app for that :)

Was going to ask ZenJeany if she has heard of an Australian artist Megan Weston. If you search you will find lots of her artwork.
I was watching The Block which is an Austrailian housing show and one couple in their living room had a couple of her pieces and I really liked them.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Have to agree, the magic of zenjenny :D wish there was an app for that :)

Was going to ask ZenJeany if she has heard of an Australian artist Megan Weston. If you search you will find lots of her artwork.
I was watching The Block which is an Austrailian housing show and one couple in their living room had a couple of her pieces and I really liked them.

View attachment 63879
Yes, that could be one of Jen's. :thumbs:

Found some nice apps for animal sticker lovers:
All same UI and dev. In = out and all free. They only have one manko: there is a bar on the bottom with their watermark in it. But therefore you are not forced to square you can either add that before or simply cut if off later.
You can add stickers, text and can get really creative.
And what I don't understand: the stickers are sharp when you place them, but after saving the picture is still sharp, but the stickers a bit blurry. o_O
Anyway for free a good hunt and a couple of nice pets are waiting to be placed. :)
They are all by Useless Crearions PYT Ltd and are called Catstagram, Puppygram and Hamstergram. If you are in doodle mood, I can recommend #doodlegram as well, but on I pod I had to switch off detailed view, because it was toooooooooo slow to draw. Now it's okay (not good, but okay). But the stickers here can even be recoloured!
Here is the link to Catstagram and if you tap on the devlopers list you will find the others and maybe more:
„CATstagram! Turn people into CATS instantly and more!“ von Useless Creations Pty Ltd
https://appsto.re/de/5KeW5.i

Example for
Cats:
image.jpg

Puppies:

image.jpg

Hamsters:

image.jpg

Doodles (NO watermark bar yet!)

image.jpg

Found some nice apps for animal sticker lovers:
All same UI and dev. In = out and all free. They only have one manko: there is a bar on the bottom with their watermark in it. But therefore you are not forced to square you can either add that before or simply cut if off later.
You can add stickers, text and can get really creative.
And what I don't understand: the stickers are sharp when you place them, but after saving the picture is still sharp, but the stickers a bit blurry. o_O
Anyway for free a good hunt and a couple of nice pets are waiting to be placed. :)
They are all by Useless Crearions PYT Ltd and are called Catstagram, Puppygram and Hamstergram. If you are in doodle mood, I can recommend #doodlegram as well, but on I pod I had to switch off detailed view, because it was toooooooooo slow to draw. Now it's okay (not good, but okay). But the stickers here can even be recoloured!
Here is the link to Catstagram and if you tap on the devlopers list you will find the others and maybe more:
„CATstagram! Turn people into CATS instantly and more!“ von Useless Creations Pty Ltd
https://appsto.re/de/5KeW5.i

Example for
Cats:
View attachment 63880

Puppies:

View attachment 63881

Hamsters:

View attachment 63882

Doodles (NO watermark bar yet!)

View attachment 63883
I am going to get them. Niece will like them, heck even I might :)
Love the Ufo, owl and Dino!

Ansel by Tiny Teacher Apps
https://appsto.re/ca/EyXt5.i

If you like B+W this is a so/so app at least on the iPad...
No ads, no in-apps, reg price is $1.99US, currently on for free
All presets can be adjusted, not intensity but basic adjustments.
When you look at camera roll all images are shown in B+W.
Pretty complete set of basic adjustments. Includes a couple for Aspect and Transform that are not seen in many apps.
Only issues are:
I had to restart the app about 3 times before it behaved itself, on the first couple it was cutting off the sides and looked like it was landscape (iPad was in portrait) .
Doesn't work in landscape.
Save resolution is strange,
All 1:1 ratios I tried saved at input=output up to 6000x6000 (highest I tried)
But 4:3 ratios are not full size
Standard 5mp 2592x1936 saved at 2420x1936 so shortened a bit. TaruCamera, Cortex Camera, Hydra (set to 20mp) all saved at 1920x1434 or within a few pixels (width was minor variations but vertical was always the same).
I wish the photo picker would let you pick from an album
Maybe it behaves better on an iPhone as it is an iPhone app. Maybe someone can try it on an iPhone and post if it has the smaller resolution for 4:3 ratio images.
Because of save resolution I likely will not keep it on the iPad but will try to contact the developer about the issues, I sent email so will see if they respond.

A Hipstamatic image
image.jpg

This one I took with the standard camera. My sons task this weekend was to take the engine out of their Nissan Quest van, his had 350k Km's on it and decided to start burning oil. Friday morning he stopped before he went to work and put our engine lift in our van. He texted me at lunchtime and asked if I could bring it over to his work so I took it over and helped him for a bit. He got a replacement engine from SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance) salvage. They check them and they all have a warranty. First engine he got from them he checked the timing chain tensioner (has been an issue with these engines) and they found another one that was fine. Book time for removing and replacing engine is 22 hrs or so, my son had it out in 3hrs and ready to go back in after about 7.5 hrs. Saturday afternoon he went and put it back in which took another 4hrs so in the end did pretty good.
image.jpg

Ansel by Tiny Teacher Apps
I had to restart the app about 3 times before it behaved itself, on the first couple it was cutting off the sides and looked like it was landscape (iPad was in portrait) .

I had the same experience. It did get itself together eventually, as you noted, but it didn't fill me with confidence. (iPad 4, iOS8)

I also wasn't keen on having the Camera Roll shown in b/w, especially since it didn't seem to be possible to choose which b/w conversion would be used for that view.

I had the same experience. It did get itself together eventually, as you noted, but it didn't fill me with confidence. (iPad 4, iOS8)

I also wasn't keen on having the Camera Roll shown in b/w, especially since it didn't seem to be possible to choose which b/w conversion would be used for that view.
I agree, doesn't give you confidence that it will keep behaving like it is at the moment. I may try doing a reset and see if it keeps behaving. Still nothing back but I dont expect to, at least not the same day though sometimes developers do respond very quickly.

I don't mind the previews being in B+W, it gives you a quick look and can make a more educated opinion if you want it in B+W to start with.
I do a lot of sunsets which normally don't look that good in B+W

image.jpg
Egg Draw ! ! ! And alphabet Art✅ Repix, Decim8 & Union :D

Ultimatte by Artyom Abramov
https://appsto.re/ca/EsCg6.i

Ok little app.
Nice selection of filters in a familiar layout. Sadly they are not adjustable.
No ads
Currently the in-app for all filters is free.
A pretty complete set of basic adjustments, actually I like the way the sliders are done in this app.
Saves at a decent 4096x4096 or 4096 long side for non 1:1 ratio.

GroovyGouvy
Do you have Montage? I was looking at it (full version is $4.59 here). I think in the description it saves at 4096 long side but what else stands out or sets it aside from other similar apps?

Back
Top Bottom