Mobitog Health Thread

90736584_10222736975235459_7916927553317634048_n.jpg

Tate is to release free online tours of two major exhibitions that closed early because of the coronavirus lockdown.

Tate Modern’s Andy Warhol show and Tate Britain’s Aubrey Beardsley show were on the list of must-sees for many art-lovers. They both opened in early March to positive reviews before closing when the galleries abruptly shut down on 17 March.

On Thursday Tate said curators had made filmed tours of the exhibitions after the closure, but before current restrictions were implemented.

It is making its tour of the Warhol exhibition, which features more than 100 works across his career, available on its website and YouTube channel from 6 April. A tour of the Beardsley show, the biggest one for 50 years, will go up a week later on 13 April.

Tate is to release free online tours of two major exhibitions that closed early because of the coronavirus lockdown.

Tate Modern’s Andy Warhol show and Tate Britain’s Aubrey Beardsley show were on the list of must-sees for many art-lovers. They both opened in early March to positive reviews before closing when the galleries abruptly shut down on 17 March.

On Thursday Tate said curators had made filmed tours of the exhibitions after the closure, but before current restrictions were implemented.

It is making its tour of the Warhol exhibition, which features more than 100 works across his career, available on its website and YouTube channel from 6 April. A tour of the Beardsley show, the biggest one for 50 years, will go up a week later on 13 April.
Oooh, thanks for the heads up John. I love Aubrey Beardsley. Mark Gatiss did a programme on him last week. I had no idea that he died at 25 from TB! :thumbs:

Yes, Hodge looks like he’s found an important piece - he’s got his paw on it. Is that an English country scene Ted?
It does look like it. It's titled Summer Village. Nice solid pieces with interesting shapes that stay locked together (even with Hodge around), though we've had a few false fits.

Went out into the world today to get groceries for me and my mom. Got 90% of them at QFC just down the road. Look at all this treasure!
C553B9BE-9131-4613-9F3C-D649DE8E59D3.jpeg

Then headed to Costco for some bags of frozen fruit (I keep thinking I’m out of frozen blueberries and now I have 3 bags...:flushed:) and a rotisserie chicken for mom. First you grabbed a shopping cart from the sanitized section, then headed to the end of the queue. They were allowing people inside in “shifts”. It looks crazy but I only had to wait 5 minutes max.

3AD1ACAC-D7D0-43E4-9672-2F0F5E932EC3.jpeg

Next was Trader Joe’s cuz I needed basmati rice (the bags at Costco are too damn big! One bag would have filled my Mini’s entire boot. :lol: They were doing the same thing as Costco, with nicely drawn chalk marks where one should stand.

53071B09-9D78-4B89-94B4-08649EAF21FC.jpeg

C4E02C75-46FF-47B0-8FC5-00DC82C070EA.jpeg

Then I brought mom her groceries. I pulled into the parking lot near the side entrance, and she came out with a cart. I unloaded her groceries on the cart while we stayed a safe distance... chatted a few minutes and left. No hugs. It’s the first time I’ve seen her in at least two weeks. :( What a strange world it is now...

Last edited:
Went out into the world today to get groceries for me and my mom. Got 90% of them at QFC just down the road. Look at all this treasure!
View attachment 156521

Then headed to Costco for some bags of frozen fruit (I keep thinking I’m out of frozen blueberries and now I have 3 bags...:flushed:) and a rotisserie chicken for mom. First you grabbed a shopping cart from the sanitized section, then headed to the end of the queue. They were allowing people inside in “shifts”. It looks crazy but I only had to wait 5 minutes max.

View attachment 156522

Next was Trader Joe’s cuz I needed basmati rice (the bags at Costco are too damn big! One bag would have filled my Mini’s entire boot. :lol: They were doing the same thing as Costco, with nicely drawn chalk marks where one should stand.

View attachment 156523

View attachment 156524

Then I brought mom her groceries. I pulled into the parking lot near the side entrance, and she came out with a cart. I unloaded her groceries on the cart while we stayed a safe distance... chatted a few minutes and left. No hugs. It’s the first time I’ve seen her in at least two weeks. :( What a strange world it is now...
All our supermarkets are doing the same thing. Its a weird world indeed, usually Jane and I shop together, but last night Aldi would only let one person in per trolley (kart) so Jane went and sat in the car. I got a 9 pack of loo rolls as that was all they had, I'd never buy that many, I'm sure some of the shops are cashing in on the crisis, pushing you to buy bigger packs than normal, but maybe I'm being cynical.

View attachment 156521

View attachment 156522

View attachment 156523

View attachment 156524

It all seems to be well organised now. Same here. If only they’d done this right from the beginning. :rolleyes:

Apparently due to the average age of the population, which in Italy is higher than most countries, with older population.

AIDS epidemic case/death count is over 40 years. The only problem with COVID19 is how contagious it is and how many people get it at once. According to some experts, the fatality rate might end up being similar to influenza A, but those people fall ill at different rates and the health system can cope (since it’s been happening for a few years now and we’ve never seen lack of hospital beds for most countries due to influenza A).

I’m worried about my own health/life as everyone else should be, but it sure ain’t no plague or any of those extremely fatal diseases. Which is a relief.
The problem is that lots of those deaths are really avoidable, provided they all got sick at different times and had proper care :( and THAT is a worry.

I honestly hope that humans learn a bit from all this. It’s not possible that we still hear from some that countries cannot stop because of the economical impact. I understand that, and know that some people might take their own lives in despair of not being able to provide for their family, violence is likely to increase worldwide, countries will take ages to recover. So why can’t people just change their priorities? Economy and money were all made up by humans. If we made this s*** up, we can definitely change its course as needed. People just need to want to do it and work hard to achieve it. The problem is conving the multimillionaires. As an YouTuber once said: fine with minimum wage, but why nobody worries about maximum wage?
I’ve been saying we need a wage cap for 20 years! So glad to hear someone else with the same idea.

View attachment 156521

View attachment 156522

View attachment 156523

View attachment 156524

Sounds like things are nicely organized there. We’re trying to keep shopping to a minimum, but we keep checking for TP. I went yesterday, to look for TP and get a chicken to roast. For some reason they have stopped doing their rotisserie chicken. I stood back from the guy ahead of me, but the women behind me was breathing down my neck. I tried to “give her a look”, but she just shrugged. I had my own bags and told the cashier I’d be happy to pack them myself and she gave me an indifferent “whatever....” Then, when my order was rung and I was packing my few things into the bags, the cashier started ringing up the person behind me and pushing her groceries on mine. I’m trying to avoid the city but I may be safer there!

When I got home I practiced saying “back off!!” in the mirror.

No more school here until fall. Still can’t find toilet paper. It’s beginning to feel like psychological warfare.
They have not announced that in NYS yet, but the emails I get from work are including phrases like “in the event that...”

Sounds like things are nicely organized there. We’re trying to keep shopping to a minimum, but we keep checking for TP. I went yesterday, to look for TP and get a chicken to roast. For some reason they have stopped doing their rotisserie chicken. I stood back from the guy ahead of me, but the women behind me was breathing down my neck. I tried to “give her a look”, but she just shrugged. I had my own bags and told the cashier I’d be happy to pack them myself and she gave me an indifferent “whatever....” Then, when my order was rung and I was packing my few things into the bags, the cashier started ringing up the person behind me and pushing her groceries on mine. I’m trying to avoid the city but I may be safer there!

I think I’m going to invent some sort of skirt with fairly flexible, but fairly stiff prongs to stop anyone getting too close. Trouble is, by the time I’ve designed it and made it, all this will be over.

See my signature for a suggestion as to how to keep people at arm’s length (the garlic bit, not the farting bit. Although ... :rolleyes: ).

See my signature for a suggestion as to how to keep people at arm’s length (the garlic bit, not the farting bit. Although ... :rolleyes: ).
Oddly, I have been eating a lot of garlic, lately. I guess I’ll have go with raw garlic and be sure to exhale in the direction of the offender. I wonder how tuna salad with garlic is????

I think I’m going to invent some sort of skirt with fairly flexible, but fairly stiff prongs to stop anyone getting too close. Trouble is, by the time I’ve designed it and made it, all this will be over.
Where are the personal force fields? Or have I been binge watching too much Star Trek lately?

Back
Top Bottom