Mobitog Health Thread

I think I’m going to invent some sort of skirt with fairly flexible, but fairly stiff prongs to stop anyone getting too close. Trouble is, by the time I’ve designed it and made it, all this will be over.
It's already been done, in pre-virus times. Check the sites for wearable art. I remember one that included some electronics so that it didn't "bloom" until triggered. You could probably do something with 3D printing, too.

Or perhaps just an extra-long umbrella carried under your arm?

I stood back from the guy ahead of me, but the women behind me was breathing down my neck. I tried to “give her a look”, but she just shrugged. I had my own bags and told the cashier I’d be happy to pack them myself and she gave me an indifferent “whatever....” Then, when my order was rung and I was packing my few things into the bags, the cashier started ringing up the person behind me and pushing her groceries on mine.
WTH is wrong with people? My *New York* would have come out, for sure. That would have been rude pre-Covid! :mad:
When I got home I practiced saying “back off!!” in the mirror.
:lmao:

I am now making masks... I'll try this too... this weekend, since I lost my job after demanding to be allowed to work remotely, much of the firm is now. I gave them a two week ultimatum... after making requests for the past few weeks. I was denied, so they cut my notice short.

FloriDUH is seriously behind on making people stay home. The "governor" is a pal of tRUMP. Social Media pressure pretty much forced him to finally give the state-wide Stay At Home order.

Funny thing, when you wear a mask here, almost every person give you personal space. :D

Funny thing, when you wear a mask here, almost every person give you personal space. :D
Probably true everywhere unless everyone is wearing one, I know I always give mask wearers a wide berth :eek: :lol:
Isn't it becoming 'the thing' now over the pond? Our government always advised it was unnecessary and pointless, although even they seem be having a re-think. Just caught sight of my avatar :lmao: it was taken years ago honest ;)

I am now making masks... I'll try this too... this weekend, since I lost my job after demanding to be allowed to work remotely, much of the firm is now. I gave them a two week ultimatum... after making requests for the past few weeks. I was denied, so they cut my notice short.

FloriDUH is seriously behind on making people stay home. The "governor" is a pal of tRUMP. Social Media pressure pretty much forced him to finally give the state-wide Stay At Home order.

Say what? You’ve lost your job?????? Oh Dee, that’s terrible. And now everyone is working from home anyway. It doesn’t make sense. But good for you for sticking to your guns and for keeping safe. They’ll be sorry!

That is incredible that they would let you go under these circumstances. Doesn’t seem like a company that would be good to work for....

since I lost my job after demanding to be allowed to work remotely, much of the firm is now. I gave them a two week ultimatum... after making requests for the past few weeks. I was denied, so they cut my notice short.
That is horrible!!! :angry:

Yes...it's been ridiculous!! Especially considering so much of the population are senior citizens.

I’ve no doubt JillyG Jilly’s would be the cutest... :notworthy:

I’ve watched several videos. This is a fairly simple technique. After my “up close and personal” experience and MsDee commented about a mask motivating people to give your space, I’m quite motivated. However, I‘ll be stuck behind it with my garlic breath I’ve been cultivating!!

I’ve watched several videos. This is a fairly simple technique. After my “up close and personal” experience and MsDee commented about a mask motivating people to give your space, I’m quite motivated. However, I‘ll be stuck behind it with my garlic breath I’ve been cultivating!!
This is a simple idea you might like to try.

Bread flour and loo roll back in the shops here. All is right in the world again. :D
20200405_161454.jpg

Say what? You’ve lost your job?????? Oh Dee, that’s terrible. And now everyone is working from home anyway. It doesn’t make sense. But good for you for sticking to your guns and for keeping safe. They’ll be sorry!

The IT Department there has a TOXIC culture. I was let go Friday even though I gave notice. I was shocked and angry, yesterday I was still shocked with disbelief... I have already begun looking for something new, but for now, it has to be remote with the COVID-19 pandemic. Basically, all I need is something with health insurance until I can retire, assuming Medicare will be there... biting my tongue there or I'll get political.

I'm wondering if she could sue them.... it doesn't seem right at all.

They gave me some paperwork they want me to sign... I read through most of it, but it gave me a weird feeling, like... hmmmm…. :sneaky:

Stay safe and well everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom