Mobitog Health Thread

If only people would keep their distance, respect others - they do not - sinnerjohn - fact is, even during “Senior shopping hours” there are people who are too hurried to respect others, don’t wear masks (would be nice during Senior hours”), and disregard the arrows in the aisles indicating one way. :angry:

We wear masks and I’ve been considering the face shield. Masks are quite hot when it is 92° outside.
Yes, masks are a pain! I’m currently getting physical therapy under the supervision of a women who is a tyrant (not really, but she’s quite stern) and after a while that mask is a real nuisance. I’m still wearing it , though!

We’ve just been into our local little town to collect the keys to our new house (I know, so exciting), and I only saw one other person wearing a mask (well, two if you count my DH). The attempt at “social distancing” was a joke. The market was on and it was as if the virus had never happened. What’s going on? I’m honestly starting to feel like I’m the mad one.
I was at Verizon today and everyone was wearing masks (employees and customers), we couldn't even go inside, had to stay outside in the chilly drizzle, 6 feet apart (only "emergencies" could go inside), then went to a gravel/dirt place and no one, employees or customers, were wearing masks nor paying any attention to the 6 foot rule. :alien:

I was at Verizon today and everyone was wearing masks (employees and customers), we couldn't even go inside, had to stay outside in the chilly drizzle, 6 feet apart (only "emergencies" could go inside), then went to a gravel/dirt place and no one, employees or customers, were wearing masks nor paying any attention to the 6 foot rule. :alien:
Weird, isn’t it? I find that, too.

The science look pretty convincing to me.
I cannot understand why the WHO and the UK government haven’t pushed masks. I have seen their effectiveness in Hong Kong. They went through SARS and learnt so much but nobody seemed to take the lessons from them.

The science look pretty convincing to me.

interesting, thank you. I live on the side of Au that the rest of the world doesn’t know exists. Very low popularity density, in relative terms. Masks are rare. And there’s been no Health Dept directive, even at the height of the restrictions.

but we seem to be on par with everyone else as far as ‘kicking it to the kerb’ the minute total lockdown eases. While our PM is still explaining Stage 2, the rest of the population has gone through Stages 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Sheesh, Thursday tomorrow and only 3 pictures, is MobiTog deader than a dead thing?
Is it because the challenges now have a two week lifespan people are holding back?
Am I impatient (I can answer that one YES :) )
Well lockdown has certainly shrunken my world and given me fewer opportunities to take new pictures. Months back I was patroling the streets and side alleys to see what I could see and capture.
Now I'm working from home I spend time in the living room/office, bed and kitchen. I've increased time in the garden mind...which this year has taken me out of circulation for around 3 weeks for health reasons. What you gonna do? Big garden overhaul this year.
I have to make a plan and go somewhere to get photography opportunities. Everywhere I go is lovely pennine landscapes and I'm getting some lovely stuff from it but I'm really missing the abillity to see something new on a day to day basis, even the trivial stuff. I'm missing angles a lot and architecture and streets and the built human environment.
Although my physical space has shrunk, because my job is digital support my world has expanded socially, I spend more time interacting with people now than probably ever in the last few years.
Odd the contrast between physical isolation and social expansion.

Last edited:
Well lockdown has certainly shrunken my world and given me fewer opportunities to take new pictures. Months back I was patroling the streets and side alleys to see what I could see and capture.
Now I'm working from home I spend time in the living room/office, bed and kitchen. I've increased time in the garden mind...which this year has taken me out of circulation for around 3 weeks for health reasons. What you gonna do? Big garden overhaul this year.
I have to make a plan and go somewhere to get photography opportunities. Everywhere I go is lovely pennine landscapes and I'm getting some lovely stuff from it but I'm really missing the abillity to see something new on a day to day basis, even the trivial stuff. I'm missing angles a lot and architecture and streets and the built human environment.
Although my physical space has shrunk, because my job is digital support my world has expanded socially, I spend more time interacting with people now than probably ever in the last few years.
Odd the contrast between physical isolation and social expansion.
I hear ya, same for me, been working from home for 3 months. I long for concrete and dirt and smoke and grime and all I get is trees and flowers. Some might be envious I guess and of course I should be grateful :rolleyes:

I hear ya, same for me, been working from home for 3 months. I long for concrete and dirt and smoke and grime and all I get is trees and flowers. Some might be envious I guess and of course I should be grateful :rolleyes:
I thought with CV we would get much more activity but there has definitely been less.

I thought with CV we would get much more activity but there has definitely been less.
I think as photographers (I use the word hesitantly) we strive to make new images everyday. Being locked down has gradually put the throttle on that.
Sure, like many of us I have 1000's of images in my back catalogue, but that doesn't seem the same somehow.

I think as photographers (I use the word hesitantly) we strive to make new images everyday. Being locked down has gradually put the throttle on that.
Sure, like many of us I have 1000's of images in my back catalogue, but that doesn't seem the same somehow.
I agree! Although I could wander around the property here and find lots of stuff to photograph.... and I'm sure I will at some point (although it has been very grey, chilly and rainy for at least a week... finally have blue skies and sun!) and I will find some hikes to drive to and cities to explore......but for me, I've really just wanted to be holed up inside my tiny house, sipping tea, looking out the windows, talking to the horses, watching movies/shows.... I'm going to follow this hygge for as long as it calls me, and eventually I'll get back to "normal".

It's my eldest's birthday tomorrow. Can't remember how I got the idea but I worked out how far he's moved in space for him. *shrug*. :rolleyes:

Anyway given the earth's speed around the sun, the sun's speed around the Milky way and the Milky way's speed I calculate that we move 20.061 billion Km's (12.46 billion miles) per year through space. Take that number and times it by your age for your distance.

Additional fact, at that speed it would take around 2 centruys to get to out nearest star Alpha Centauri.

As far as I know I’m still Covid-19 free. Or, I’m an asymptomatic carrier :flushed:.
Have reconnected with our 3 sons and their families, daughter and her family are still keeping big distance between us. At this point if I catch something deadly from hugging and kissing sweet cheeks of loved ones, so be it. I can’t breathe behind a mask, and I won’t wear one in my own home so anyone coming here has to do what they feel is best for them. I refuse to spend whatever is left of my life being afraid of the world around me. I’m not trying to be flippant, but viruses aren’t like bacteria, there’s no ‘killing’ them, they aren’t technically alive to begin with.

What I am doing is taking vitamins and minerals to boost my immune system, I’m drinking probiotic drinks on days in fail to eat fermented foods. And I’m eating healthier than I have in years. That’s the extent of my protective environment now. I do wear a mask out in public with strangers btw.

Yes! Or...... gained something else? Or shifted? I can't quite put my finger on it.

For me it has shifted focus. Less being among others except necessary tasks (like shopping and things we need) and more work at home like setting up my automated watering of the garden, growing food (salat, tomatoes, herbs, green beans) - I've became a farmer! :lmao:

What I am doing is taking vitamins and minerals to boost my immune system, I’m drinking probiotic drinks on days in fail to eat fermented foods. And I’m eating healthier than I have in years. That’s the extent of my protective environment now. I do wear a mask out in public with strangers btw.

To my opinion healthy nutrition is the key! Nowadays we tend to manipulate everything we eat - necessary or not - because we can, but we don't need to. And there is many ingredients scientist don't know what influence it has on our body and wellbeing.

For most things you just need time and a basic management of tasks - that's all.
As some of you might know my affinity to bread ( :whistle: ). I did this because I'm a curious person and like to know how things work and what they consist of (already started to deconstruct vacuum cleaners when I was a kid and some of them also worked again when my fixing was done :lmao:).

These breads take about at least 12 to 24 hours to be eatable. Spend some minutes in the right moment and you get gorgeous bread - done.
The last bread we bought was in November last year.

The industry does this in very little time and adds magic stuff to it to be efficient and the result is allergies, but they have speed up things to fit in the process. I quit with that because it's shit!

There are so many things which taste better, are healthier than what we've been told by the big companies. The only thing you need to get healthier is the will to spend some time on it and a little practice.
I wouldn't say in former times everything was better but there were plenty of good and proven things!

- end of esoteric discourse - :lol:

Stay all healthy and reasonable!

It's my eldest's birthday tomorrow. Can't remember how I got the idea but I worked out how far he's moved in space for him. *shrug*. :rolleyes:

Anyway given the earth's speed around the sun, the sun's speed around the Milky way and the Milky way's speed I calculate that we move 20.061 billion Km's (12.46 billion miles) per year through space. Take that number and times it by your age for your distance.

Additional fact, at that speed it would take around 2 centruys to get to out nearest star Alpha Centauri.
I’m frightened to do the math on how far I’ve moved. I don’t believe the answer would fit on the average calculator!

salat, tomatoes, herbs, green beans
There are so many things which taste better, are healthier than what we've been told by the big companies. The only thing you need to get healthier is the will to spend some time on it and a little practice.
Agreed
This year we have chillis, potatoes, green beans, courgette, tomatos, cabbage, purpule sprouting broccoli, chard, basil, strawberries, gooseberries, elderflower (for wine) and I'm not sure what else. We're also overhauling the back garden so we can get an eggloo and a few chickens.
eglu-classic.jpg

I've produced about 15 bags of our own organic compost this year so far.
Lockdown has given us the time to really put some effort in the garden. Although to be fair, my other half has done a lot of the work. She's a proper foodie.
20200620_122211.jpg

My first ever jalopeno. :inlove:
20200620_122232.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed
This year we have chillis, potatoes, green beans, courgette, tomatos, cabbage, purpule sprouting brockaley, chard, basil, strawberries, gooseberries, elderflower (for wine) and I'm not sure what else. We're also overhauling the back garden so we can get an eggloo and a few chickens.
View attachment 158524
I've produced about 15 bags of our own organic compost this year so far.
Lockdown has given us the time to really put some effort in the garden. Although to be fair, my other half has done a lot of the work. She's a proper foodie.
View attachment 158525
My first ever jalopeno. :inlove:
View attachment 158526
Oooh, you’ve got a greenhouse. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom