Mobitog Health Thread

Just so y’all know the politicians downunder have their fingers on the pulse

6E5DEB50-AECB-4C8F-A21E-4DB453CFE8F2.jpeg

Every time I read that I think Southern Baptist’s. Although in her defence she’s balanced lockdowns with keeping the economy open unlike our other states
Yes. I just have an eye for language juxtaposition. And poorly thought through edits :)

Had my first shot last Wednesday, ran a slight fever that night and was nauseous for a day, but nothing that would make me think twice about doing it again. Good thing, too, because I get my second shot in 22 days now. Moderna, in case you’re wondering. The pharmacy I went to does both Pfizer & Moderna but Moderna was on tap the day of my appointment.

Had my first shot last Wednesday, ran a slight fever that night and was nauseous for a day, but nothing that would make me think twice about doing it again. Good thing, too, because I get my second shot in 22 days now. Moderna, in case you’re wondering. The pharmacy I went to does both Pfizer & Moderna but Moderna was on tap the day of my appointment.
I go this afternoon!! Second one in three weeks....

The cost to the Uk for the Astrazeneca is £3 per jab while the Pfizer costs £15 per jab, go figure !!
(prices according to the BBC)
I don’t think anyone has to pay for the covid vax over here. Flu jab, yes, but I think AZ and PF etc is free for everyone. younger Juliana do you know? (My place is a covid vax centre, no charge there . . )

I don’t think anyone has to pay for the covid vax over here. Flu jab, yes, but I think AZ and PF etc is free for everyone. younger Juliana do you know? (My place is a covid vax centre, no charge there . . )
No one has to pay, even if they’re not residents (in terms of visa status). Anyone here on any visa can be vaccinated for free :thumbs:

No all free in NSW, but I’ve heard reports of some local doctors getting caught charging a couple of hundred bucks which they claim is for the consultation and not the jab. Apparently the Aztrazuchini cost the government $20 a dose as against $90 for pzizer.

No one has to pay, even if they’re not residents (in terms of visa status). Anyone here on any visa can be vaccinated for free :thumbs:
it would be a bit counter-intuitive in a pandemic . . . :lmao:
. Apparently the Aztrazuchini cost the government $20 a dose as against $90 for pzizer.
do we know why the discrepancy?

The Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA vaccines. The Astrazeneca and J&J use a different process (with less strict refrigeration requirements). So it's possible the mRNA vacs are more expensive to make.

It's also possible that Pfizer thinks it can get away with it. It's still a seller's market, I think.

Last edited:
it would be a bit counter-intuitive in a pandemic . . . :lmao:

Not sure why but that explains why Morrison, for economical reasons, placed all his eggs in the Astra basket.

I just read that the Medical powers that be are thinking it would be good to mix the vaccines…the studies so far show that J & J folks should get Pfizer or Moderna for their booster shot. I think I’m going to check into getting a Pfizer booster since I got Moderna last time. Although….two grandkids who got the Pfizer vaccines both got Covid after they were fully vaccinated. I was directly exposed to one of those kids for an hour and hugged and kissed him goodbye. We kiss on the cheeks, but without masks, so we were close enough to swap germs…I didn’t get Covid from him and I suspect my Moderna vaccine might have been responsible for my continued good health. Actually…I’m going to do exactly what I did before…show up to get the jab and trust Source to put in place the one that is best for my continued good health.

Back
Top Bottom