New Hipstamatic (the old X)

I’m enjoying the challenges. I think they’re a good addition for the social media aspect of the app.

This month’s challenge is urban geometry.
Yes! Loving the challenges particularly the weekend ones although if you take them on the weekend, it does require quite an effort.

Here’s some of my latest Hipstas.

This combo is now one of my favourites.
I call it Ann Vintage and you can get it here. Hopefully I have the settings right: Ann Vintage.hipstamatic

IMG_8264.jpeg

Also one of my new favourites which I call Ann Sharp:
Can find it here: Ann Sharp.hipstamatic
IMG_8032.jpeg

Here are my Hidcote Manor House and Garden pictures. The hedges in the gardens are what make it so spectacular. They are so straight and perfect it’s hard to fathom how they maintain it! It’s obviously a popular venue. The chap at the gate asked if I had reserved a parking space. Had no idea that might be required. Haven’t encountered that at any other National Trust properties. But this is the Cotswolds. Luckily it’s out of season so he said there were a couple of spare places thank goodness.

Quite a lot of the outer buildings are covered in wisteria vines. It must be spectacularly when they are out.

IMG_8510.jpeg

IMG_8509.jpeg

IMG_3859.jpeg
IMG_5100.jpeg
App update with a fun new feature. Action Sampler. Shoot in it or convert Live Photos!

From one of my Cuba photos

I had a go with this on my walk today and the problem is that the images are too close together to really have an impact.

For those trying it out, you hold down the button but it only starts taking the images when you release it and it is then you need to keep the camera still (or not depending on what you want to achieve).

I had more success taking live photos and converting them which resulted in more action. Not sure of the value of these action photos.

HOWEVER, while experimenting I discovered something quite by chance. This works for both Live Photos and the motion images produced in Hipstamatic. I converted the Hipstamatic motion image to a live image by using the revert to original in Photos. Then I put it on a Live Loop. I then took this into the Video2Photo app and discovered that Photos actually generates ICM images to create the Loop look. I extracted one of these:

HMOriginal-CBAF84B9-AB95-4C79-9969-556AB77E71EB_V2F_2024-05-04_20-11-36_733.jpeg

EDIT: ah, just tried the action mode rather than holding down the button and that works much better.

Last edited:
So far just playing with Live Photos. I tried a couple this morning holding the shutter down with poor results. I’ll try the action mode when I have an opportunity with some action. Maybe the Kentucky derby on tv. That’s about to start.

Back
Top Bottom