B&W RESULT: #03 Black & White Challenge

Dry pond, 2016 drought, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil.
Hipstamatic
815aa8a14387b39bf84e35fafb041d0b.jpg

View attachment 85611

This woman's profile caught my eye (is it still 'profile' if you're referring to the whole head & neck? Or is that silhouette?)

Masked out rest of group in Union, Noir'd in SnapSeed, resized in BigPhoto, edged & posterised a bit in Repix, Dappled and Silked in Pixlr.
Wonderful edit. Edification question - why the resize in Big Photo? (I have the app but not quite sure of its use.)

View attachment 85611

This woman's profile caught my eye (is it still 'profile' if you're referring to the whole head & neck? Or is that silhouette?)

Masked out rest of group in Union, Noir'd in SnapSeed, resized in BigPhoto, edged & posterised a bit in Repix, Dappled and Silked in Pixlr.
Wonderful Jen. I can see why she caught your artistic eye. Fab editing. :thumbs:

View attachment 85613

Hi, this is my first photo to post, hope it properly for the challenge.

Ip5s, Hueless, Snapseed.

Waiting inside the car while raining and this man walked by in front of this commercial billboard.
Great first post Sondy. :thumbs: Very atmospheric. Is Hueless an app? I haven't heard of that one.

Great first post Sondy. :thumbs: Very atmospheric. Is Hueless an app? I haven't heard of that one.

Thanks.
Hueless is camera-replacement app. It shoot only in b/w, no color. Actually, there are many of this kind of apps but prefer this one (i skipped any kind of apps that use b/w filter, because i can use native camera app for that)

Wonderful edit. Edification question - why the resize in Big Photo? (I have the app but not quite sure of its use.)

Thanks, David! I love when a real photographer likes my images :lol:. BigPhoto bcs I wanted to get the profile from the woman at a bit of a distance (I'm not wildly keen on identifying/identifiable images the subject hasn't consented to) and tilt her head. I forget the size of the cropped image but as you can imagine, quite small.

IMG_8713.JPG Snapseed.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8714.JPG
    IMG_8714.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 15
Thanks RoseCat :)

Thanks GroovyGouvy :)

Thanks sinnerjohn :)

Btw, I couldn't find all of your names through ur profile [emoji28] Where is it actually?

Hi Sondy, and welcome! Have you found the 'real names' yet? Are you viewing in Safari or in app?

IMG_8749.JPG

Thanks, David! I love when a real photographer likes my images :lol:. BigPhoto bcs I wanted to get the profile from the woman at a bit of a distance (I'm not wildly keen on identifying/identifiable images the subject hasn't consented to) and tilt her head. I forget the size of the cropped image but as you can imagine, quite small.

View attachment 85620 View attachment 85622
Got it. Thanks.

First time posting: 'Not much use to anyone anymore' - iphone7, native cam, Dramatic Black and White
9b12d0720c0ee191e0585075aaacdc44.jpg

Hi Linda (that's my middle name!) welcome to MobiTog, and to the B&W challenge! That's a lovely image - would you post it full-size so we can take it in in all its glory? None of these modest little thumbnails here - we like to see the whole image!

PS: Monokrom is one of my favourites, too - and its developer, Darren@RI is one of the staff here.

Wonderful Jen. I can see why she caught your artistic eye. Fab editing. :thumbs:

Thank you, O She of the Artistic Eye :notworthy:

Seriously (innit) you know you're in trouble when you look across the room and think oh how I'd love to outline your head in heavy black crayon :confused:

Hi Linda (that's my middle name!) welcome to MobiTog, and to the B&W challenge! That's a lovely image - would you post it full-size so we can take it in in all its glory? None of these modest little thumbnails here - we like to see the whole image!

PS: Monokrom is one of my favourites, too - and its developer, Darren@RI is one of the staff here.

Jenny im still struggling to even find comments to my posts in-app. While i am sure enlightenment is just a few clicks away please tell me the best way to upload a photo full res :))

Back
Top Bottom