B&W RESULT: #05 Black & White Challenge

5997447e8606dc70ec25ac48438627b2.jpg

This is Jasmine.

Yikes. Sorry. Newbie on here. Still figuring it all out. Feel free to delete.
Noooo, no need to delete it yet, it's lovely. If you just put it through the editing on your ... oh, I don't know what you're using, android or iPhone/iPad. But just make it black and white and repost it and I can then delete the colour one. No problem. Shout out though in any of the threads and we can help you until you find your feet. You'll soon get the hang of it.:thumbs:

Yikes. Sorry. Newbie on here. Still figuring it all out. Feel free to delete.
It really isn't a problem, as Jilly has said, we can easily swap it for a purer black & white iMage if you make the adjustments, you may even still be able to edit the post yourself and swap the iMage... :thumbs:

If you do post in the Welcome Section you will find somehelpful information posted for you to help you find your way around... :D

View attachment 86317
A path leading to an exit gate at a port in Mombasa, Kenya. I never knew the meaning of the writings on the concrete, though I felt like they seemed to add some personality to the black and white path.
iPhone 6s
Cam: VSCO
Edit: VSCO/ Straightened, vertical perspective corrected, cropped, B&W filter, fine adjusted sharpness and clarity.

This is my first ever post, I am happy. :) Please let me know if I breached the rules in posting an iMage. The size is less than 8MB, but the height is more than 3000 pixels.

Thanks so much for joining us in our B&W challenge, Colin: Great first image!

View attachment 86317
A path leading to an exit gate at a port in Mombasa, Kenya. I never knew the meaning of the writings on the concrete, though I felt like they seemed to add some personality to the black and white path.
iPhone 6s
Cam: VSCO
Edit: VSCO/ Straightened, vertical perspective corrected, cropped, B&W filter, fine adjusted sharpness and clarity.

This is my first ever post, I am happy. :) Please let me know if I breached the rules in posting an iMage. The size is less than 8MB, but the height is more than 3000 pixels.

What a great shot!

Tough job of judging this week, there is nothing but quality images in this thread. I had to review all of them multiple times and there was not one that I could easily put aside.
But there was one that I had my eye on from the start.
First place
Chris Wadsworth with The Three. Chris said he wants to print it and hang it on his wall and it is certainly worthy of that.
55F3ACF6-B2B9-4958-B74D-25BBD009DB96-9364-00000A919CB3C969_tmp.jpg

Great composition!
Fantastic editing!
Wonderful job!
I am very happily turning my judges hat over to you.

Second-place goes to sck for the woman with the umbrella.
A very simple clean composition with perfect editing.

Third-place goes to tomklyn for the biggest barn in Kansas.
Great subject and The child in the foreground really gives a perspective and the sky completes the package.

Honorable mentions go to MotownLarry for the tree. Twinkletoes for somewhere in Switzerland. coolootshoots for his untitled image of the pathway.

My thanks and congratulations to all that participated.
Whew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough job of judging this week, there is nothing but quality images in this thread. I had to review all of them multiple times and there was not one that I could easily put aside.
But there was one that I had my eye on from the start.
First place
Chris Wadsworth with The Three. Chris said he wants to print it and hang it on his wall and it is certainly worthy of that.
View attachment 86450
Great composition!
Fantastic editing!
Wonderful job!
I am very happily turning my judges hat over to you.

Second-place goes to SCK for the woman with the umbrella.
A very simple clean composition with perfect editing.

Third-place goes to Tomklyn for the biggest barn in Kansas.
Great subject and The child in the foreground really gives a perspective and the sky completes the package.

Honorable mentions go to Motown Larry for the tree. Twinkle toes for somewhere in Switzerland. Coolootshoots for his untitled image of the pathway.

My thanks and congratulations to all that participated.
Whew!

Thank you so much Morris, three great images from a fantastic week for the black and white challenge. It must have been difficult to choose from all of those images from around the world. Congratulations to Chris, that is a stunning image and I do hope you get it printed so that you can admire your work for years to come. Well done to Sondy and Tomklyn in second and third respectively. Claps to the HMs too. This week has been a triumph for people in photos. :thumbs: This challenge would be nothing without all of you marvellous posters, so thank you and keep up the great work!:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom