B&W RESULT: #05 Black & White Challenge

d2c92d2d861b1950c1893c94a9be2148.jpg

The Three

Misty walk in the Angmering Park Estate with my boys and dog. Taken using ProCamera then edited in the ever important Snapseed and finally pushed through Dramatic Black and White.

This is one of my favourite all times photos I've taken, going to get it printed.

What a stunner, Chris. Let us know how (size/material etc) you print it?

Edit: and congrats, just seen your (well-deserved) first prize !

Tough job of judging this week, there is nothing but quality images in this thread. I had to review all of them multiple times and there was not one that I could easily put aside.
But there was one that I had my eye on from the start.
First place
Chris Wadsworth with The Three. Chris said he wants to print it and hang it on his wall and it is certainly worthy of that.
View attachment 86450
Great composition!
Fantastic editing!
Wonderful job!
I am very happily turning my judges hat over to you.

Second-place goes to sck for the woman with the umbrella.
A very simple clean composition with perfect editing.

Third-place goes to tomklyn for the biggest barn in Kansas.
Great subject and The child in the foreground really gives a perspective and the sky completes the package.

Honorable mentions go to MotownLarry for the tree. Twinkletoes for somewhere in Switzerland. coolootshoots for his untitled image of the pathway.

My thanks and congratulations to all that participated.
Whew!
What a gorgeous photo, Chris. Well done.

Tough job of judging this week, there is nothing but quality images in this thread. I had to review all of them multiple times and there was not one that I could easily put aside.
First place
Chris Wadsworth with The Three. Chris said he wants to print it and hang it on his wall and it is certainly worthy of that.
View attachment 86450
Great composition!
Fantastic editing!
Wonderful job!

Great subject and The child in the foreground really gives a perspective and the sky completes the package.

Honorable mentions go to MotownLarry for the tree. Twinkletoes for somewhere in Switzerland. coolootshoots for his untitled image of the pathway.

Whew!

Thanks, Morris - great wrap-up: you made a daunting task look (almost) easy. You can have a well-deserved rest now, perhaps a small sherry or G&T?

What a fantastic week of B&W ! Congrats Chris, Sondy, Tom, Larry, Linda & Colin :thumbs:

First place
View attachment 86450
Great composition!
Fantastic editing!
Wonderful job!

Whew!

Wow, thank you so much. Honoured to have my photo selected, congrats to everybody mentioned, standard of work is excellent. Love being part of Mobitog

Wew I thought just one day not logged in, it's reaching 8 pages with 68 posts left not read yet [emoji28]

Want to comment each beautiful photos but too many [emoji4] So, just can say: wonderful photos [emoji106][emoji120]

Anyway, congrats to Chris, Sondy (it's me myself, not believe it [emoji23]), Tom, Larry, Linda & Colin [emoji106]

As I had to crop it it's only 6mp, so I'm only looking at around 20cm x 20cm, I've used big photo to enlarge it to 15mp but I'm worried that could effect it. Thoughts ?
I've used Big Photo and Filterstorm Neue both to enlarge images, and I don't see anything to choose between them. My experience has been that the result is always softer than the original, but how much softer it looks varies from image to image. In most cases, I found that a bit of structure/sharpening in Snapseed (or Clarity in some other apps) brings the upsized image back to something near the original.

That's in cases where the original is pretty clean as far as noise and artifacts go. If the original is not so clean, it's tough to get a decent upsized result, even with some editing.

I've also found that the usable dpi for printing depends a lot on the image. I usually aim for 300 dpi, but for some images (esp. b/w ones), I've been able to get good-looking prints at 200 dpi.

Congratulations Chris Wadsworth, the image was a winner from the moment you posted it, well deserved win.

Yes, you spoke what I felt when I first saw it.
And the woman with the umbrella was my second.
Congrats to Chris Wadsworth and all winners and HM's this was such a great B&W! [emoji177]
Thanks Mo-Co Mortis for thoughtful judging.

Back
Top Bottom