MobiColour RESULT: #4

In California, it happened in the 80s, I think. Long time ago anyway.
In the USSR, belts introduced in 1969 on the 412th "Moskvich", and since 1977 they have installed on GAZ-24. Two years later, the Soviet Union imposed the mandatory use of seat belts in the front seats of cars. I think that now UAZ-469 drivers not belting on. Better to die quickly than to remain disabled for life. =))

I really enjoyed looking at all the pics, but the two that I most enjoyed were :

Kaleidoscopes by terse - my choice for winner this week :

image-jpeg.74128

Doesn't that just make you happy ! It is captured in such a way that you really like you're in the scene and you're leaning it to look at all these kaleidoscopes.

Summer rental by deepop is my runner up choice, which I also liked very much.

imageuploadedbymobitog1456172119-121686-jpg.74061

Congratulations on a very colorful win terse Ted!! Well done! :D
Kudos on to deepop David as well! :thumbs:

And the burning question on all of our minds: Ted, will there be a theme for the next challenge?? :sneaky:

Whoop! Thank you Darren@RI :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: and congrats to deepop.

RoseCat, no theme for the next challenge. Let chaos reign!
Ted, just love your surroundings. I feel like I go through a time warp when I see a new one. There's something quite healing and homely about the good ol' days and surrounding yourself with treasures. Sometimes I feel my environment is too sterile. I think when I go back to the UK next year I'm going to convert my study into a den with bits and bobs that make me smile.

Congratulations to everyone for all the great and varied photos contributed. I love the range of ideas here. Thanks Darren for the mention

Ted, just love your surroundings. I feel like I go through a time warp when I see a new one. There's something quite healing and homely about the good ol' days and surrounding yourself with treasures.

Thats part of what I liked about it too and how it made me feel too - well said !

Its also a very interesting composition, I thought, especially at that particular angle. I really like the "just enough" background to set the scene, but the frame filled with the main subject and a bunch of other details - like the leaf just protruding into the basket. That's the kind of thing that puts life into a picture. I am rambling :)

Ted, just love your surroundings. I feel like I go through a time warp when I see a new one. There's something quite healing and homely about the good ol' days and surrounding yourself with treasures. Sometimes I feel my environment is too sterile. I think when I go back to the UK next year I'm going to convert my study into a den with bits and bobs that make me smile.
Thanks, Ann. It all kind of "just happens" when you stay in one place for a while (25 years here now). Yes, all the odd bits make me smile.

especially at that particular angle. I really like the "just enough" background to set the scene, but the frame filled with the main subject and a bunch of other details - like the leaf just protruding into the basket.
Mind reading! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking as I maneuvered around to frame the shot. Amazing that it worked.

Back
Top Bottom